Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2495700)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie attempts to calm things before Germany with "Hitler got things done" speech..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...-hitler-saddam

Obviously its tongue in cheek, but boy does this guy know when to say the wrong thing! Bet the German GP organisers are over the moon.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2495714)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...-hitler-saddam

Obviously its tongue in cheek, but boy does this guy know when to say the wrong thing! Bet the German GP organisers are over the moon.
But how can he get his tongue in his cheek when he's apparently got both feet in his mouth?
Old 4 Jul 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2495718)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hes a contortionist elf I guess? Amongst other things!
Old 4 Jul 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2495719)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
He's just being a wind-up merchant.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2495723)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
He's just being a wind-up merchant.
Maybe he should post on the F1 forum? Set him up an ID and send him the login details !
Old 4 Jul 2009, 09:23 (Ref:2495725)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
History would not be one of his strong subjects then...
Old 4 Jul 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2495752)   #7
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he should stick to what he knows...ruining F1. This is the guy who 'knew' McLaren were on pace and were sandbagging. Why is he even talking about this? Oh, yeah...Hitler got things done, great leader. In the next breath he says Hitler was 'taking away' and 'persuaded' to do things... Is that even a good leader? What a moron.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2495756)   #8
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's it!
He has finally blown it and made his position immpossible. You just can't get away with that type of crap and retain any credibility with sonsors, the media or the governments he has to deal with.
Senile dementia? stupidity? just plain arrogance? Surely not even Bernie could think up a plot which could justify those words.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2495838)   #9
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
That's it!
He has finally blown it and made his position immpossible. You just can't get away with that type of crap and retain any credibility with sonsors, the media or the governments he has to deal with.
Senile dementia? stupidity? just plain arrogance? Surely not even Bernie could think up a plot which could justify those words.
Last year we thought Max was gone. He was supposedly a Nazi sympathiser. He ended up making a bunch of money and causing more problems in F1. Now Bernie's the Nazi. I think he may be senile because it seems weird to think that someone his age could take any of that lightly. A Brit at that. I wonder who he'll sue.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2495851)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Oh the scandal!

I couldn't resist.

And perhaps not the right day to choose to attack 'democracy' with regards to getting a GP in the good old U.S of A.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2495766)   #11
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is absolutely right about one thing. Modern politicians will say black is white and the moon is made of cheese to get elected. Also every body is so touchy about everything anybody says these days because people in the numerous lobby groups are making a living out of stoking fires.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2495767)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Arghhh... And now we have this. Thanks a lot BE, things can always get worse.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2495771)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Um,

It is quite funny though isn't it?

We have moved so far from the sensitive 60's etc. that in terms of "management style" Bernie may well be right. Disregarding, for the purposes of the conversation, the heinous crimes and sheer evil of the man and his ideas, Hitler did have an entire nation at his mercy.

I like to think in these times it wouldn't happen because we are all more enlightened then I think of North Korea, Burma and those places and maybe we aren't.

Yes, Bernie may be politically incorrect but I suspect there was a bit of humour here that for the purposes of the newspapers won't be put across.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2495878)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the first time, Bernie Ecclestone and Neil Horan tends to agree in some opinions.
This and the Flav defending Berlusconi's loving adventures tends to make me think... what kind of dirigence F1 has.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2495892)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 is really the pinnacle of our most wildest dreams...
Old 4 Jul 2009, 21:57 (Ref:2495901)   #16
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have a sport run by fascists. Oh dear.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2495912)   #17
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
We have a sport run by fascists. Oh dear.
I would take Bernie's comments with a pinch of salt. He says these things tongue-in-cheek to wind people up, to get a reaction. And everytime people fall for it. He's a lot like Mark E Smith in this respect.
Old 4 Jul 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2495914)   #18
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do I need to worry here in Poland?

Is he or Max going to invade us?
Old 4 Jul 2009, 23:09 (Ref:2495921)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by koper View Post
Do I need to worry here in Poland?

Is he or Max going to invade us?
Don't think for one minute that they'd do the job themselves.

Rumour has it that Field Commandant Tilke is moving North with orders to take out any unsuspecting motor racing circuits and turn them into wasteland.It's too terrible to even think about!
Old 5 Jul 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2496126)   #20
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I would take Bernie's comments with a pinch of salt. He says these things tongue-in-cheek to wind people up, to get a reaction. And everytime people fall for it. He's a lot like Mark E Smith in this respect.
Even if it's to wind people up, there's some things you just don't say. As I have said, we have a sport run by fascists - if we didn't, he would be filling in the resignation form right now, as his colleagues would force him to stand down.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2496130)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 4 Jul 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2495907)   #22
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Don't mention the war!....
Old 4 Jul 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2495911)   #23
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Don't mention the war!....
I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
Old 4 Jul 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2495916)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

The little man does love his controversies doesn't he.
Old 5 Jul 2009, 02:45 (Ref:2495945)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tilke is most likely the Albert Speer of all this, more than a commander.