Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Apr 2010, 15:11 (Ref:2676643)   #26
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
God bless all Le Mans going odd folks !

Proud to be one(as is me girl)
Old 20 Apr 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2676665)   #27
serrity
Rookie

Ireland
London
serrity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving Dublin, Ireland in my Honda Accord morning of Monday 7th.

Catching ferry in Rosslare Monday afternoon, arrives in Cherbourg Tuesday morning.

Meeting up with Ten-Tenthser yakuncha, who will be coming from Paris having competed in a 24 hour slot-car race there, then heading for our hotel in Alencon on Tuesday evening.

Wednesday and Thursday attending practice/quali, Friday maybe going to St Saturnin and/or pitwalk, plan to stay at the track for the duration of the race, then catch the boat home on Monday.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 04:30 (Ref:2677080)   #28
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing booked yet (it's far too early ! ) but the plan seems to be : A Wednesday morning Dover Ferry, sharing the driving with my father down to 'our' gorgeous campsite, 10k's from the circuit.

After that who knows ?

Probably leaving for Calais on Monday morning.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 07:38 (Ref:2677126)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Far too early? Is it that easy to get ferry bookings still with 2 months to go?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2677135)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I find it is usually much cheaper to book early, although I have noticed that this year our eurotunnel trip cost £84 when I booked it in January and is still £88 now. Some ferry trips still under £50 return.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2677267)   #31
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Depends on your route/date/time combo, Short Sea (Dover etc) crossings are not usually full so plenty of availability. Western Channel (Portsmouth etc) are the problem ones as there is a much less frequent service and so they do tend to get full or expensive.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2677355)   #32
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Depends on your route/date/time combo, Short Sea (Dover etc) crossings are not usually full so plenty of availability. Western Channel (Portsmouth etc) are the problem ones as there is a much less frequent service and so they do tend to get full or expensive.
And with Poole now only running one fastcat crossing a day and no ferries, even more traffic is going to go through Portsmouth now.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2677424)   #33
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In recent years we have gone down as a family and taken our caravan. Booking through the caravan club not only gives you a discount on Ferry costs but gives you a good selection of departure times, especially mid week. However with my teenage kids now taking their exams around Le Mans, I travel down alternatively.

Last year I went with a couple of friends via the Eurostar , which was nice apart from struggling with all the camping gear etc at Ebbsfleet, Paris and Le Mans ! We met my father and his friends down there.

My dad has just recovered from a second hip replacement op, so we are going to share the driving duties for this year (I'll be looking after him and vice versa ! ). Wednesday morning shouldn't be a problem regarding availability, as so to with our Monday return.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2677452)   #34
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
flying to Paris on tuesday should arrive at circuit tuesday evening ..
camping in houx
leaving Le Mans on monday .. spending a day in Paris and flying back to Bucharest on tuesday

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Apr 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2677936)   #35
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leaving on the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Caen on wednesday night, in a Seat Leon Tdi (dads car, and motability so newer than my old A6 and cheaper on fuel) travelling down to Le Mans thursday via Pegasus bridge to get some quali in the evening and on to Piedmont le Boeuf to sleep in a lovely Gites. Leaving monday morning (early) to try and fit some D-Day beaches in before the 4:30 ferry back to portsmouth.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2677980)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
Leaving on the overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Caen on wednesday night, in a Seat Leon Tdi (dads car, and motability so newer than my old A6 and cheaper on fuel) travelling down to Le Mans thursday via Pegasus bridge to get some quali in the evening and on to Piedmont le Boeuf to sleep in a lovely Gites. Leaving monday morning (early) to try and fit some D-Day beaches in before the 4:30 ferry back to portsmouth.

Make sure you have coffee and croissants at Madame Gondrée's then!
Old 22 Apr 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2677986)   #37
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Make sure you have coffee and croissants at Madame Gondrée's then!
Ok, now Im gonna show my ignorance. where, pray tell, is Mme Gondree's?
Old 22 Apr 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2677991)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Madame is the proprieter of the cafe at the Pegasus Bridge.....

Take a look at the second half of this page....

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk/gallery/20...e1/09page1.htm

We've been regular visitors to her establishment over the years...

Old 22 Apr 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2677995)   #39
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Thanks Ayse great pics too! I thought I recognised the name and the pics prooved me right, I knew I'd heard the name before but was a little unsure where from. We will definately be stopping for a petit dejeuner.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2678051)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Madame is now quite old, but very sprightly, and welcomes Brits very generously. She's had a hard time keeping the cafe open in face of pressure from other local influences. She was telling us all about it last year. And as a quick breakfast stop after the ferry to Caen (only just down the road), it's perfect. The place has a wonderful quiet atmosphere and the cafe is loaded with her souvenirs.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2678059)   #41
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the info Ayse. Will be stopping off for a brief look round and a coffee at the very least, getting excited now and its still 50 days to the race!
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2678076)   #42
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As the race rapidly approaches and many people in this forum will be traveling down in lest than 8 weeks I thought it might be interesting to know what peoples plans are so if you see me on the journey or in the campsite please say hello

So here are my plans

Car Silver Rover 75 tourer

7.50am eurotunnel on Wednesday morning

Camping Tertre Rouge

return Sunday 10.20pm eurotunnel
I'm on the 7:50 train too. (Dark Silver Ford Focus)

Camping Le Houx

10:50PM Sunday train back. Is the race ending at 3 or 4 this year?
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2678080)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think the ACO fixed it at 3pm 2-3 years ago now.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2678083)   #44
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think the ACO fixed it at 3pm 2-3 years ago now.
Ah I've been watching too many past races is what it is

Maybe I should stop doing that and start concentrating on getting everything else I still need for this year...
Old 22 Apr 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2678100)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, not so long to go now!
Old 23 Apr 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2678243)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
I'm on the 7:50 train too. (Dark Silver Ford Focus)

Camping Le Houx

10:50PM Sunday train back. Is the race ending at 3 or 4 this year?
Will look out for you at the tunnel, remember be careful not to miss the return shuttle as due to engineering works the next one is in the morning.
For the claasiv the last shuttle is 10.20 on the sunday and the races finish at 4.00 for the classic, so less time to get an earlier service.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2678319)   #47
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Madame is now quite old, but very sprightly, and welcomes Brits very generously. She's had a hard time keeping the cafe open in face of pressure from other local influences. She was telling us all about it last year. And as a quick breakfast stop after the ferry to Caen (only just down the road), it's perfect. The place has a wonderful quiet atmosphere and the cafe is loaded with her souvenirs.
Aah, madame is a legend. Wouldn't like to work for her though, I remember in 2008 during our coffee and croissant stop she dropped a cup and then tore a strip off one her waitresses! Oh and make sure you know your WW2 facts before making small talk, she will correct you in know uncertain terms if you get something wrong. But she, her cafe and the Pegasus bridge are very special and a great way to start the Le Mans trip if you are going that way. Go and check out the tiny landing site for the British gliders and then recall it was done at night, with no lights, no engines (so one attempt only) and just marvel at the skill and bravery of those on board.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2678361)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And here is M. AllonFS across the road from the cafe in 2008, checking the Judd installation on the new British LMP2.....

Old 23 Apr 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2678420)   #49
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
And here is M. AllonFS across the road from the cafe in 2008, checking the Judd installation on the new British LMP2.....

Perhaps it should be re-sited opposite the JLOC pit - just in case.....?
Old 23 Apr 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2678428)   #50
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Perhaps it should be re-sited opposite the JLOC pit - just in case.....?
And a shot fired at the garage door if it comes down at any time in the first 60 minutes.