Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 May 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2686677)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mangrove Park

Mangrove park is a 6 layout design from shortest at 2.8 miles, to the longest at exactly 5 miles.

It runs anti-clockwise, from one pit complex in the European style. There is no provision to run separate sections independently.

No 3D elevations on this one, other than a lake and an access tunnel to the pitlane and infield.
Attached Thumbnails
May Top View.jpg   May snake.jpg   May options.jpg  

May chicane.jpg   May Hairpin.jpg   May Last Corner.jpg  

Old 8 May 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2686683)   #2
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The flow of that circuit is so smooth it makes silk look like the Himalayas.

I particularly like the last corner. Great job overall SBF, no less than we expect
Old 9 May 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2687426)   #3
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooh I like-I'd imagine if you had raised grandstands the spectators could see right across the track, which would be good. looks like a few good overtaking oppurtunities in there too.
Old 9 May 2010, 21:29 (Ref:2687539)   #4
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, this one is beautiful. My favourite corner shapes are Turn 2 and the one going around the southern end of the lake. The fast Esses at the northern end of the lake should be pretty exciting, too. My OtherWorld(ly) Series would love to visit here if it had not gone under to some degree during the credit crunch.
I'd prefer the one track layout which bypasses the hairpin that could be Turn 3.

The only edit I'd like to suggest would move the Turn 9 hairpin further towards the right and move the pit access road accordingly. That would lengthen both straights that are linked by the hairpin, paving the way for even more exciting slipstreaming.

Thanks for the good work.