Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3641632)   #926
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today some videos : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...pqwukU-TiGnFsp
And some pictures : https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Uu2vVB
Old 14 May 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3641636)   #927
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for those eric, that new roundabout looks very different than it does from the photos taken from the air expected it to be flat or at least to be smooth
Old 15 May 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3641855)   #928
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much as always Eric. James and I will be there no doubt on Sunday or Monday to check it out.....
Old 15 May 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3641868)   #929
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's getting ready for race day
Old 15 May 2016, 21:09 (Ref:3641911)   #930
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks very much as always Eric. James and I will be there no doubt on Sunday or Monday to check it out.....
Of course but now we can still go on the site although it is a private building site so I think that you will check it out from the outside because they put barriers everywhere and no then only two or three barrierss left and it will be completely closed.
Old 16 May 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3642208)   #932
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good shots. I've not been down to Arnage/Indy for a few years so really should make the effort this year.

(I assume it is going to be open on the Practice Day?)
Old 16 May 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3642210)   #933
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
it normally is as that is when we go, not been during the race for several years now
Old 16 May 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3642237)   #934
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for posting those shots. It looks to me as if the French have finally seen the need to provide viewpoints for those of us who aren't quite as nimble on our feet as we once were.

Sloping access ramps and what appears to be a dedicated area for the disabled. My all-conquering, all-terrain mobility scooter may be there!
Old 16 May 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3642251)   #935
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Thanks for posting those shots. It looks to me as if the French have finally seen the need to provide viewpoints for those of us who aren't quite as nimble on our feet as we once were.

Sloping access ramps and what appears to be a dedicated area for the disabled. My all-conquering, all-terrain mobility scooter may be there!

Oh yes.

This you, isn't it?

Old 17 May 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3642352)   #936
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh yes.

This you, isn't it?

Oh no! I've been found out at last!
Old 18 May 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3642716)   #937
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fresh prepping up pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3622911&type=3
Old 18 May 2016, 20:41 (Ref:3642720)   #938
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
That looks like a new access road attached the the tail end of the Bugatti circuit just as it re-joins the proper circuit. Wonder what it's for?

Old 19 May 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3642956)   #939
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
That looks like a new access road attached the the tail end of the Bugatti circuit just as it re-joins the proper circuit. Wonder what it's for?

Looking at photos I took when I was at the race last year those roads were all there already. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 28 May 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3645139)   #940
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4c...-d-arnage_auto
Old 28 May 2016, 19:44 (Ref:3645200)   #941
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
La Sarthe/Arnage Track and Other Changes

The ACO stole batmobile's idea for a video!

Old 28 May 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3645243)   #942
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The ACO stole batmobile's idea for a video!

Or ACO spotted Erics talents and hired him
Old 28 May 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3645297)   #943
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Or ACO spotted Erics talents and hired him
Really? Should I not be informed?
Old 29 May 2016, 08:31 (Ref:3645411)   #944
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You certainly should!!!
Old 29 May 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3645417)   #945
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The ACO would never admit to anything that could cost them money they keep their wallet firmly in their pocket. But we all know where they got the idea
Old 29 May 2016, 12:01 (Ref:3645450)   #946
Le Vieux
Veteran

This thread is rapidly becoming the disabled access thread, but if someone wants to start a new thread and move this post across, it's fine by me.

Does anyone have experience of a mobility scooter on the Le Mans tram system? I know they accept wheelchairs, as do most British buses and trams, but mobility scooters are not normally transported in the UK.

Can one of our local tenthers help?
Old 29 May 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3645481)   #947
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
This thread is rapidly becoming the disabled access thread, but if someone wants to start a new thread and move this post across, it's fine by me.

Does anyone have experience of a mobility scooter on the Le Mans tram system? I know they accept wheelchairs, as do most British buses and trams, but mobility scooters are not normally transported in the UK.

Can one of our local tenthers help?
I don't think there is any problem with mobility scooters in tram. But maybe it's a bit more difficult in buses because of the entrance widteness. I can ask if necessary.
Old 29 May 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3645512)   #948
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I don't think there is any problem with mobility scooters in tram. But maybe it's a bit more difficult in buses because of the entrance widteness. I can ask if necessary.
Yes please. It would be good to know if I can get easy access into the city centre. In England, wheelchairs are allowed, but not mobility scooters because of their larger footprint and the fact that they cannot be easily manoeuvred
Old 29 May 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3645522)   #949
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
At certain times the trams will be so rammed with people that you could not physically get one on but at other times it will be possible, particularly on friday evening when the trams seem full at all times
Old 29 May 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3645538)   #950
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
At certain times the trams will be so rammed with people that you could not physically get one on but at other times it will be possible, particularly on friday evening when the trams seem full at all times

Yes, I've already experienced that in my "able-bodied" years, but during the day, midweek, I've always found that there was plenty of space. Just as at home, avoid rush hour and, as you say, Friday evening.