Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jan 2022, 02:05 (Ref:4095617)   #76
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
My weather app is showing a “feels like” temp of -6C (22F) at dawn on Sunday
I attended from '91-'95 and saw midnite temps from 55 down to 32 degrees. In the latter case, my friend and I were about to bail to a hotel room when 3 guys in a PU backed into the space behind us and unloaded/ignited much firewood about 15 feet from our tent. We hung in there.

-----

What's with all the chatter from Michelin? Are they going to be checking press/temp on every tire removed? Do the expected low temps have them worried they'll have to dust off the slogan from the Indy GP fiasco, "Unsafe to Race"
Old 28 Jan 2022, 11:20 (Ref:4095663)   #77
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
What's with all the chatter from Michelin? Are they going to be checking press/temp on every tire removed? Do the expected low temps have them worried they'll have to dust off the slogan from the Indy GP fiasco, "Unsafe to Race"
distracting from the issue with the wets i’m guessing

nothing that they’re asking or recommending is out of the realms of normal behaviour - it’s all stuff that happens as a matter of routine in europe. because of engineer staffing constraints they can’t do a team to an engineer but they don’t provide certain services we get in europe anyway.

and yeah, they would aim to check pressures and temps on every set that comes off a car anyway.

perhaps teams might consider just replacing one side, like we do in europe. that’s mainly down to allocation constraints over on our side of the pond but it has time benefits too obviously.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4095681)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
distracting from the issue with the wets i’m guessing

nothing that they’re asking or recommending is out of the realms of normal behaviour - it’s all stuff that happens as a matter of routine in europe. because of engineer staffing constraints they can’t do a team to an engineer but they don’t provide certain services we get in europe anyway.

and yeah, they would aim to check pressures and temps on every set that comes off a car anyway.

perhaps teams might consider just replacing one side, like we do in europe. that’s mainly down to allocation constraints over on our side of the pond but it has time benefits too obviously.
I like that their recommendations are to purchase more tires from them!

This is one of the aspects that I'm going to be following during the race for sure, can anybody gain an advantage by keeping tires on? With the pit stop rules you can usually get that done before the fuel goes in, so they would have to be a reason to keep the tires if you have time to change.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4095695)   #79
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Ford to Develop Mustang GT3 for 2024 Debut

https://sportscar365.com/industry/fo...or-2024-debut/
Old 28 Jan 2022, 15:31 (Ref:4095698)   #80
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope to don't be wrong but also MVDS mustang of 12 years ago was made by multimatic.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 15:40 (Ref:4095701)   #81
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Tuned in for the 2nd MX5 race....

2 significant accidents have kept total laps run to a minimum, and we've got a mazda on fire (it was out by the time the car stopped) despite no DPi entry this weekend.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4095705)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Tuned in for the 2nd MX5 race....

2 significant accidents have kept total laps run to a minimum, and we've got a mazda on fire (it was out by the time the car stopped) despite no DPi entry this weekend.
Was the track wet? I saw some of race 1 and it was a photo finish for the top 3 cars.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4095707)   #83
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Was the track wet? I saw some of race 1 and it was a photo finish for the top 3 cars.
Eh it's slightly damp. It more appears cars just getting too close while racing. 3rd incident brings out the final yellow and they'll finish behind the safety car.

I'll watch the Race 1 replay as this one has been a bit of a bust.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4095715)   #84
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Final practice session is just starting. IMSA radio has the coverage with John, Jeremy, Andrew and Joe. Track may be dry enough to scrub some tires but there are still showers in the area.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 17:24 (Ref:4095725)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The 01 topped the charts, just ahead of the 5. Caddy's were the top five spots, although the Acuras may not have been pushing.

In P2, the 22 United car was on top. In P3, it was Andretti.

In the GT class TR3 had another strong showing in their Lambo ahead of the WT Porsche and Lexus. BMW and Corvette were buried in the pack yet again.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4095739)   #86
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news everyone, all is well with ACO/FIA and IMSA now. They have renamed the chicanes at Daytona and LM to show unity. Yeah, sorry it's the Bus Stop not le Mans and well I could never keep track of the video system signage by year so first chicane stuck in my head at Le Sarthe

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...mbol-of-unity/

Yes, just a bit of light hearted fun not an actual complaint but who really is gonna call it le Mans? Add that to the drinking game? Finish your drink when announcers have to correct themselves?
Old 28 Jan 2022, 20:14 (Ref:4095747)   #87
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Hindy has made a point to call it the "newly named Le Mans chicane" a few times without the first hour of the pilot challenge race.

Was hoping they would just call it the ford chicane in light of the Mustang GT3 announcement. Then we could have Daytona and Le Mans both with a Ford Chicane. Everybody wins. Just add a ford chicane at all the tracks.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 22:12 (Ref:4095760)   #88
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Porsche 718 GT4 seems to have a significant advantage BoP changes needed?
Old 29 Jan 2022, 02:13 (Ref:4095791)   #89
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They already changed the BOP once because it was too fast
Old 29 Jan 2022, 03:22 (Ref:4095794)   #90
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Good news everyone, all is well with ACO/FIA and IMSA now. They have renamed the chicanes at Daytona and LM to show unity. Yeah, sorry it's the Bus Stop not le Mans and well I could never keep track of the video system signage by year so first chicane stuck in my head at Le Sarthe

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...mbol-of-unity/

Yes, just a bit of light hearted fun not an actual complaint but who really is gonna call it le Mans? Add that to the drinking game? Finish your drink when announcers have to correct themselves?
The infestation of P2/P3 cars provides all the reminder of "unity" I can stand.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4095828)   #91
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I rather enjoyed the Pilot race. It was satisfying seeing the Alfa win.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 14:41 (Ref:4095849)   #92
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Good morning from Daytona!
Attached Thumbnails
9E2C3FD4-07D2-43CD-B25B-4681783F0EC0.jpeg  
Old 29 Jan 2022, 14:47 (Ref:4095850)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice. Looking forward to it.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4095866)   #94
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I rather enjoyed the Pilot race. It was satisfying seeing the Alfa win.
It was also satisfying to see Robert Wickens back in a race car and on the podium.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 15:51 (Ref:4095867)   #95
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s nice to have a good news story to bring us into the weekend.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4095873)   #96
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will it be safe to run through the night? Cant see why it wouldn't be but forecasts say the temperature will get down to 1 degree Celsius.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4095874)   #97
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I get "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." when I try to look at http://imsaradio.com/index.php/live-video/ now in Firefox, Chrome and Chromium. Geoblocking for Europe?

Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:33 (Ref:4095875)   #98
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It's not going yet.
I was going to use this: https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/#
Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4095876)   #99
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I get "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." when I try to look at http://imsaradio.com/index.php/live-video/ now in Firefox, Chrome and Chromium. Geoblocking for Europe?
That one was working for me last year.

While
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It's not going yet.
I was going to use this: https://www.imsa.com/tvlive/#
I got no luck with this one last year.
That seemed to be geoblocked - for me at least.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4095877)   #100
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Still roughly 2 hours (a bit less) to go before the start, right?