Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 27 May 2002, 20:38 (Ref:297905)   #1
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IRL to release result of initial protest 4:30 EDT

According to ESPN the IRL will be releasing (has released?) the results of the initial appeal. These results can be appealed as a final option right to TonyG.

Whoever gets the info first, post it here, please.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 May 2002, 20:53 (Ref:297926)   #2
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be interesting
Old 27 May 2002, 21:44 (Ref:297988)   #3
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Green are denied!

Helio remains the winner!
Old 27 May 2002, 22:11 (Ref:298012)   #4
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That doesn't come as a surprise at all...
Old 27 May 2002, 23:07 (Ref:298038)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As Charlie Brown would say, "rats."
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 May 2002, 00:11 (Ref:298056)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gee, what a shock.
Old 28 May 2002, 16:51 (Ref:298576)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Green may appeal within five business days"
Helio could have activated a jet engine on that last lap, he would never be denied the win, as he's no longer a CART driver.
Old 28 May 2002, 17:12 (Ref:298584)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not giving in to any of this conspiracy-theory ****.
Old 28 May 2002, 18:42 (Ref:298643)   #9
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Folks,

As a CART fan who has been to last weekend's edition of the Indy 500, I ask you to please debate the polemic ending to the race with well-assembled argumentation.

No matter who you believe that won the race, saying "because I think so" does not bring anything new to the thread.

By the way, I am as lost as you. And the organizers too, as it seems.

The only elements I can add are:

- I was at the main straight, before the start/finish line, slightly before Kenny Bräck's pit (I was at Box 51). From that viewpoint I of course could not see Castroneves and Tracy when the yellow light came out. As Tracy was ahead afterwards, I at first thought he had won. Then the news about the timing of the yellow flag hit us.

- we were listening to an AM radio when we left the track. The commentators where making a news wrap-up and they mention that Tracy had conceded defeat (I mentioned this in a previous posting). They said that Tracy had been interviewed, but we just got the tail-end of the news, and not the interview itself. Has someone listened to this?

Regards,

Last edited by Muzza; 28 May 2002 at 18:45.
Old 28 May 2002, 19:50 (Ref:298746)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What ever the rights and wrongs are in a situation like this > i feel its such a shame that a race of its stature end up being decided by actions off the track.
Old 28 May 2002, 20:48 (Ref:298826)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes. I'd hate to see Tracy denied, likewise I'd hate to see Castroneves' win tarnished.
Old 28 May 2002, 22:55 (Ref:298944)   #12
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to see the T&S data. That should show who crossed the line first. Either way I'm OK with the decision wether Green appeals or not. Helio is worthy of being a 2 time winner. I guess I'm getting old. I remembered Al in '70 & '71.
Old 29 May 2002, 02:40 (Ref:299043)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has to be one of the unluckiest thing sin the 90 year history of the 500, but yeah, Helio won and Tracy didn't. I guess 'racing abck to the yellow' is fairer and more exciting, but they don't do that in IRL, so helio was the winner. Spiderman climbing again, Tracy unlucky but, really, not the winner.
Old 31 May 2002, 09:25 (Ref:301168)   #14
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
From Yahoo news on Thursday...

"Green has until the end of business on Monday to appeal the decision. If he does, IRL president Tony George would have 30 days to appoint a three-person panel to hear the appeal.

Spokeswoman Carol Wilkins said Thursday the team had made no decision on an appeal.

'We have a lot of material to go through and a lot to think about,' she said."
Old 1 Jun 2002, 17:36 (Ref:302399)   #15
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Robin Miller suggests that Barry Green will file a protest by the Monday deadline.
http://espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2002/0531/1389361.html