Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 8 Aug 2002, 23:52 (Ref:353494)   #1
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Where do I find,...

...pray tell, an archive of all the WC and , previously, Grand National results (entire field)???? All I've been able to find is "modern era" results. And....history of ALL drivers that ran in the same....race by race results for them would be helpful too. A specific question is when and where did Jimmy Clark drive his one race?(in a Galaxie, I think it was '67, Darlinton or maybe Rockingham) Thanks...I'm worn out from looking for a NASCAR history site

jimclark
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:02 (Ref:353733)   #2
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't help on results I'm afraid - not my field - but Clark's only race was in a Ford Fairlane in the Rockingham 500 on October 29th 1967.

Bob Marley
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:31 (Ref:353759)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't found anything online, I'm afraid, but there is a published resource for all NASCAR results since 1949.

Look for Greg Fielden's "Forty Years of Stock Car Racing". It comes in four volumes, plus a supplement which takes all the results up to the end of 1994. It should be reasonably easy to find - I've managed to put together a set with only the minimum hassle, and I'm based in England.

I can concur with Vitesse on the Rockingham race. Clark started from 24th on the grid out of 44, ran as high as 12th, before the engine let go on lap 144.
Old 11 Aug 2002, 10:14 (Ref:355119)   #4
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks.....Are we sure it was 1966? In either case, I was near the mark.....I haven'
t lost all my faculties yrt, have I? lol

jimclark
Old 11 Aug 2002, 10:53 (Ref:355149)   #5
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Sorry about th error in the above post. I was thinking of a reply on the F1 board whwere Tye replied with '66 as the year.

jimclark