Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Oct 2002, 17:19 (Ref:416520)   #1
garry
Racer

garry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Tourer Challenge Races

Any Europeans with any year Touring Cars interested in competing in some challenge races next year at either Snetterton, Brands or Donington ?
If so I will approach a few people with the idea and see if they will put on the races. We should be able to get a least 15 cars from England interested so we would need at least 10 from abroad to make it interesting.

typo corrected - Carrie

Last edited by Carrie; 29 Oct 2002 at 21:58.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 18:00 (Ref:416555)   #2
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure if I got you right, but is this invitation races for people owining Super Touring cars etc?

If you make a more defined invitation I could pass this on to the Swedes...
Old 29 Oct 2002, 18:16 (Ref:416574)   #3
garry
Racer

My proposal is to get as many super Tourers together for 2 maybe 3 races in one weekend. At the moment you would have to work on the assumption that there will be no prize money etc and it is only for a bit of fun. I know that there are drivers in europe with Super Tourers that do not have other Super Tourers to race against and would like to race against the ST's in the Formula Saloons. If there is enough interest in the idea then i will talk to the relevant people with regards to putting something on.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 19:22 (Ref:416623)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Garry, great idea and one I'd love to see. Didn't Formula Saloons send some cars across to the equivilent German series a few years back? Did you ever get the Germans to come here for a return match.

One idea that I've seen mentioned a few times would be to have a saloon festival - FSaloons, Super Coupes, Fiestas, Clios, etc, none of those nasty single seaters. Now that would be great.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 19:55 (Ref:416666)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that's a SUPER idea!! Okay, corny puns aside, that would be very nice to have one model of each brand being represented. I wish you success in such an effort. If this goes ahead, I'll even consider selling my a kidney to finance a trip over to see the races. It would be a very historic occassion.
I guess since this race is largely for fun, there would be no need to equalize the cars like you do in Formula Saloons. I wonder how many teams would snap at this chance? Or how about hooking up with the BTCC??? Perhaps they can lend some marketing muscle?
Old 29 Oct 2002, 20:16 (Ref:416682)   #6
garry
Racer

We have been abroad a couple of times but none of them had
Super Tourers.
I had the idea about a good Saloon Festival for a few years now to include the Europeans but I have had trouble getting the BARC or BRSCC to commit. I had arranged last year for both the Sweedish Camero Cup and the Dutch Super Car Cup to come over and race ( at different times and venues) Dates were given but when the 2 series representatives came over to the racing car show we were told that they could not be accomodated. This left them very angry and since then I have refused to get involved again. However i feel it is worth another go.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 20:28 (Ref:416693)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could certainly understand why they were so angry. Having flown all the way over to the UK and not being able to come to an agreement. I believe the reps were relatively enthusiastic about the proposal as well. But sometimes schedules,agreements,etc.. just get in the way of good clean and fun racing!! I am excited to hear that you are willing to give it another go.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 22:01 (Ref:416764)   #8
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like this could be a great idea, you'll have to keep us posted on what happens. Lets hope that this time you get the necessary co-operation.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 19:23 (Ref:421646)   #9
garry
Racer

I have spoken to a Club that likes the idea and would be willing to put the races on. However I need to know from drivers who own a Super Tourer and are interested in this meeting as soon as possible so i have an idea of numbers.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 20:44 (Ref:421698)   #10
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you have any contact with the Swede Super Tourers?
Old 4 Nov 2002, 20:59 (Ref:421707)   #11
garry
Racer

No I have lost any contact I had. If you have any contacts i could have I would be grateful.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 21:36 (Ref:421728)   #12
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by garry
No I have lost any contact I had. If you have any contacts i could have I would be grateful.
I have put this "idea" on to a Swedish racing discussion site.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 16:49 (Ref:422265)   #13
Nissan
Rookie

Nissan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Garry, you can count us in without doubt !!!
Old 7 Nov 2002, 14:34 (Ref:423829)   #14
sazzle
Rookie

sazzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a 2000 vauxhall vectra at my university!!! Anyone got any ideas of any series we can race it in?
Old 7 Nov 2002, 20:51 (Ref:424104)   #15
garry
Racer

Formula saloons is the only Championship that has specifis class for Super Tourers. For more info look on www.formulasaloons.com