Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Apr 2003, 21:59 (Ref:577322)   #1
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where to buy camping permits for Le Mans?

As usual the organising for the trip has been down to me and being really slack I've not done it! Does anyone know where I can buy just a camping permit? All the other stuff i think I've got under control.

Any suggestions greatfully received...
Old 22 Apr 2003, 22:24 (Ref:577405)   #2
FLASH
Rookie

FLASH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My best advice to you is not to bother with a camping permit. Park your car in the blue car park, pitch your tent beside your car and there you go. Tickets for the racing worked out at about £35 last year. Be sure to bring plently of beer, a barbeque is just the ticket ... oh and leave the missus at home! Be sure to say hello to the group with BMW Mini, Jag XK8 and MG ZS ... a crate of beer for the advice would be sweet too.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 22:34 (Ref:577438)   #3
the_fury
Rookie

Yep, sounds good, we normally camp in the Bleu bit anyhow, but normally book it all through MRI, that's all gone out the window this year for one reason or another. So how do I get a permit for the blue bit then? Reckon if we get there for Friday evening we can just pay on the gate? how much? BTW, those £35 tickets, is that from Page & Moy (their camping is all sold out!)
Old 23 Apr 2003, 05:02 (Ref:577615)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by the_fury
So how do I get a permit for the blue bit then?
You can't theoricaly camp in Blue or Red... but...

Quote:
Reckon if we get there for Friday evening we can just pay on the gate?
Yes. No problem.

Quote:
how much?
Can't remember now, between 15 and 25 € (I was in white last year, in Expo this year)
Old 23 Apr 2003, 12:20 (Ref:577934)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you've left it this late to get hold of a camping permit, I suspect you're, well, "stuffed" is probably an apt expression......

As Fab says, you'll get into the Bleu Garage (or Rouge, for that matter), but that will not give you a camping permit, as such. You'll just have to find a space to bung your tent up and hope you can escape the wrath of the stewards for doing so......

(BTW, don't put your bally tent where we want to park in Rouge - otherwise the Tourists will get very upset...... )
Old 23 Apr 2003, 19:26 (Ref:578465)   #6
the_fury
Rookie

I see... well, we're hiring an Espace or something like that so at worst it'll be five stinky sweaty blokes kipping in that then! Ugh... sounds like it's worth risking the wrath of the stewards after all! Thanks for the advice!