Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 5 Feb 2003, 18:30 (Ref:497532)   #1
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thundersaloons

I saw a picture of a Thundersaloons car that John Cleland drove in the late 80's (I think it was the Carlton!)
I was wondering what regulations they ran to and what circuits they ran on, was it a British series or a European series?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 18:37 (Ref:497544)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It was a British series. The folks in the Historics forum can probably fill in more details but it was pretty much whatever engine/body you wanted. The Carlton used a 5.7l Holden V8 as I recall.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 19:31 (Ref:497599)   #3
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a thread in the National and Club racing forum, which explains some of the details etc, etc. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...9&pagenumber=1

The rules were simply really, in the begining, two classes, upto 2.4 litres, and over, with turbo cars in the big class. The cars had to be steel shelled and engine in origional place, ie front engined. The races (at the series peak) were like a mini endrance race, with a pit stop and driver change.

All the other info is in the National forum from the link above.

Funny how that link started a year ago within a week, oh well