Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

View Poll Results: Can Paul Tracy win the 2003 CCWS title?
Yes 17 85.00%
No 0 0%
Don't know 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Mar 2003, 07:04 (Ref:546041)   #1
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers championship after Monterrey

1 Tracy 43
2 Jourdain 32
3 Junqueira 24
4 Moreno 18
5 Tagliani 14
6= Fernández 12
6= Haberfeld 12 (rookie points leader)
8 Carpentier 10
9 Vasser 8
10= Manning 6
10= Monteiro 6
10= Camathias 6
10= Lemarié 6
14 Bourdais 5
15 Yoong 4
16= Hunter-Reay 1
16= Servia 1

Now can PT win that long overdue title he so richly deserves - surely he is now the favourite (though the Newman-Haas drivers will continue to put up a fight).
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:08 (Ref:546093)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The poll asks can he win.
Maybe it should be will he win?

Yes.
Or yes.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 09:20 (Ref:546102)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He will win if he can keep his car to himself... he would have won half a dozen of those suckers by now if he could do that... heck, his first one should have come in 1993...
Old 24 Mar 2003, 13:17 (Ref:546328)   #4
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or should it be how quickly will he win ....... I don't think so but he could win the title, but so could Manning
Old 24 Mar 2003, 14:02 (Ref:546383)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it'll be Bourdais once he keeps the car away from the walls, but Tracy will be one of the strong contenders. Junquiera has disappointed so far, as has Pat. Servia's pace looks promising but I don't think he's qutie good enough, while Fernandez is a reasonable outsdie shot, Jourdain likewise. But, frankly, someone like Jourdain winning the title wouldn't be good for the series.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 16:10 (Ref:546517)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tracy must be consistantly on the podium. It's his only chance against Bourdais, who IMO is going to win atleast 6 races. PT's got a decent lead now, but he can only have maybe 1 DNF the whole year.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 21:32 (Ref:546848)   #7
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy has a distinct advantage in experience. Although Bordais was showing brilliantly, he must consider the cliche' "To finish first, you must first finish". Not Paul's strong suit either. This champioship is certainly still wide open.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 22:19 (Ref:546893)   #8
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly its looking good for Paul, no-one has won the first two races since Rick Mears in 1982 (he was champ that year).

If he continues like this, I guess it could get boring!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 00:52 (Ref:546971)   #9
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy's really got a great shot this year, but it's at least partly due to the huge talent hemmorhage that's been going on constantly since Jacques left.

Unless Bourdais can get to the end of the races, or Bruno smashes Haberfeld's knees with a baseball bat so he can get a clean track, this season could be a cakewalk for PT.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 01:48 (Ref:547004)   #10
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget PT has the pace of Bourdais as well. Tracy could have easily been on pole and topped every session he was in. I think knowledge of circuits will also be a key. Places like Long Beach will be hard for Bourdais where he literally on full street circuits and the way he drives will mean that he could hit the barrier at any time. The way Sabastien was hitting those kerbs i am not surprised he did damage and had to retire again. Also another advantage to Tracy will be the ovals. We all know how much he loves Milwaukee.

Also remember this is the first time Tracy has been a total number 1 driver in his team. When he had toss pot Franchitti as his team mate it was clear he wasnt Green and Andrettis faviroute.

Last edited by Peter S; 25 Mar 2003 at 01:49.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 02:34 (Ref:547018)   #11
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would Player's favour Tracy over Patrick Carpentier who has been there for a while and was brought back to the team instead of Tagliani? I don't think there will be any favouritism...
Old 25 Mar 2003, 02:45 (Ref:547024)   #12
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy has a good shot if he can finish the races. Bourdais is going to give him a good run once he figures out how to keep the car off the walls. I think it will take him a couple more races and then it will click for him. Then he will be a force that can't be ignored. Jourdain is showing well. I don't think he will win the championship, but I think he will be high in the points and I think we will see at least one win from him this year.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 03:19 (Ref:547031)   #13
rookie
Rookie

rookie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think its going to be a great battle for the championship. If Bourdais can figure out the street circuits this could be one of the best seasons CART has ever had