Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:25 (Ref:536102)   #1
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley's Qualifying Time Disallowed

Yesterday's 12 Hours of Sebring qualifying ended up having the Bentleys who took the top 2 positions were disqualified due to techincal infractions which means that Biela in an Audi takes the pole. Meaning the Bentleys will go to the back of the field.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:32 (Ref:536112)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep , we knew this already, see the other threads. Kinda annoying that we have an Audi on pole though. As much as it's a nice car, i'm fed up with seeing it doing so well. It's time the began to bite the dust with that one. I sincerely hope it doesn't win...
Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:55 (Ref:536130)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
audi is just a bang up good car, it doesn't have the same romance in its dominance as the Ferrari's in F1, and look even they faltered at the opening round-anything can happen. i grumble at the lister stuck at the tail end, oh man they have a job- and James weaver! what a qualifying run for the man, brilliant, can this be the year for the 675, he out qualified Max Papis in the panoz, oh boy oh boy its gonna be good, and thomas enge making gts interesting this is a great sebring!, course i have to work saturday until the avo so i will only see the final laps, pooh.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 15:33 (Ref:536165)   #4
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
although Audi is at the front (again) and the Bentleys are at the back just think about the time, 12 hours, thats 720 minutes or 43200 seconds. Thats a long long time.
P.S, please correct me if my maths are wrong which they are likley to be, i was trying to do it in my head.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 18:58 (Ref:536309)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Very very sad for the start pic, at least

Hope they won't do the same at LM...

What did they do to deserve this dehonor ?
Old 14 Mar 2003, 19:09 (Ref:536317)   #6
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
As I understand it, the rear diffuser was between 1-4 mm out of the height spec for both cars. The discrepency was noted in the first inspection and Bentley assured IMSA it would be fixed. Apparently they didn't and IMSA threw the book at them.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 20:17 (Ref:536359)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like the whole bookcase, not just the book....

NOTE:

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 20:51 (Ref:536392)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know one thing I for one will not be missing the first hour because those Bentley's will be flying through the field ! ! !
Old 14 Mar 2003, 21:54 (Ref:536439)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's when you'll really see some passing, especially on the long straight that eventully goes into the big right-hand corner that brings the cars to the main straight and the starting line...

That big straight is bumpy (a big runway from the air field days), but it is very wide.... lots of room for Bentley to pick off lots of backmarkers in big chunks...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 00:50 (Ref:536557)   #10
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in the 80s a Mirage that was driven by Andretti had a tech problem too...if I remember correctly, it was over the size of teh "luggage" box or the location of the rear wing
Old 15 Mar 2003, 00:58 (Ref:536564)   #11
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good, i hope an audi wins simply because there will be no other exp speed 8s besides sebring and lemans. and there will be 2-3 r8s in the alms
Old 15 Mar 2003, 07:38 (Ref:536690)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Bentleys Boys business won't be so easy ; at the opposite of the long track of LM, Sebring track is short... and busy ! You can imagine the risks the Bentleys drivers will have to take to pass over the slower cars, and some of them at the top of the grid are not so slow (the speed gap plays less than in les Hunaudières, I assume)...

It's a shame that no european TV give the pics live ; we'll have a report on Eurosport one or two weeks later... darn
Old 15 Mar 2003, 08:28 (Ref:536719)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What time is the race today? (GMT)
Old 15 Mar 2003, 10:09 (Ref:536789)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
good, i hope an audi wins simply because there will be no other exp speed 8s besides sebring and lemans. and there will be 2-3 r8s in the alms

???

Why?

Haven't they won enough already.....
Old 15 Mar 2003, 10:27 (Ref:536799)   #15
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Indeed. I'm sick to death of hearing. Biela wins, Kristensen wins
Old 15 Mar 2003, 11:17 (Ref:536823)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
What time is the race today? (GMT)
The radio web commentry starts at 9.30 local time, with the race underway at 10.30, so that means the race starts at around 2.30 GMT.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 14:49 (Ref:536962)   #17
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
???

Why?

Haven't they won enough already.....
a: i like the audis as much as you dont

b: i dont like cars that appear for lemans and one other race then dissappear until next year