Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Apr 2003, 00:04 (Ref:583307)   #1
VIVA_Carpentier
Rookie

VIVA_Carpentier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 19 drivers to Brand Hatch?

Can we hope one or two new driver with Arden International Motorsport, Brand Motorsports, JAG Racing...
Old 29 Apr 2003, 00:37 (Ref:583316)   #2
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
19 cars, 18 drivers if you are generous.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 02:17 (Ref:583356)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
11 drivers, and that's being generous. The rest are just boys with rich daddies or uncles.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 02:39 (Ref:583364)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shouldn't this be in the IRL forum? Or the Cart bashing forum?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Apr 2003, 02:51 (Ref:583371)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Nah, why should the crapwagon fans get to do all the griping?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 03:11 (Ref:583376)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice if people in this forum stood up for CART. If you guys want to bash a racing series, then why don't you bash the crapwagon series?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 03:40 (Ref:583386)   #7
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Too easy?

I mean, they only turn left, no one comes to see them, and most of their "stars" are backstabbing liars.

I spend a lot of time and effort pointing out what I percieve as CART's problems because I care about it.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 29 Apr 2003 at 03:41.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 03:41 (Ref:583387)   #8
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gotta agree with Dov. The series is rebuilding and we need to stand behind it. It will have its share of so-so drivers when most the field are rookies. Some are good straight out of the barrell, some will mature, some will always suck and they will be replaced over time.

If we needed some feild fillers to stay alive, so be it. I'd rather have that temporarily than no CART forever.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 03:43 (Ref:583388)   #9
Lee Janotta
Veteran

I should be able to stand behind the series, though, without standing behind Pook, Forsythe, or *gag* Bernie. Just like I stand behind my country without standing behind my President. They're completely different things.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 03:45 (Ref:583390)   #10
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair enough.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 03:57 (Ref:583397)   #11
corkholio
Veteran

Should rename this a "Cheerleader Forum" if you want to hail Lavin as the reincarnation of the Rodriguez brothers.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 05:05 (Ref:583415)   #12
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
At least I no what side of the fence I stand on...which can't be said for everybody in this forum.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 05:58 (Ref:583425)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
It's okay to criticize CART and Chris Pook for some of their choices...mandatory pit window, getting rid of road and oval cources and future engine specs. But constantly going after rookie drivers like Lavin and Yoong...I can't understand. We all no that these rookies aren't going to be future Zanardi's, Montoya's and Da Matta's, but Im just happy that we have 18 or 19 drivers on the grid. Look at how good Manning and Hunter-Reay are performing...imagine how much better they would be if they were driving Lolas. Once Bourdais gets settled down...he will be amazing to watch. Haberfeld...the future PT? In the next year or two we may see 1 or 2 guys step up to CART from Toyota Atlantic. We should also see some F3000, retired F1 and ex CART drivers come back to ChampCars in the near future. If you want to call me a CART Cheerleader...that's fine with me.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 14:40 (Ref:583847)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
It's okay to criticize CART and Chris Pook for some of their choices...mandatory pit window, getting rid of road and oval cources and future engine specs. But constantly going after rookie drivers like Lavin and Yoong...I can't understand. We all no that these rookies aren't going to be future Zanardi's, Montoya's and Da Matta's, but Im just happy that we have 18 or 19 drivers on the grid. Look at how good Manning and Hunter-Reay are performing...imagine how much better they would be if they were driving Lolas. Once Bourdais gets settled down...he will be amazing to watch. Haberfeld...the future PT? In the next year or two we may see 1 or 2 guys step up to CART from Toyota Atlantic. We should also see some F3000, retired F1 and ex CART drivers come back to ChampCars in the near future. If you want to call me a CART Cheerleader...that's fine with me.
Stop being so immature. The question here is as to how many cars will be on the grid at Brands. Sadly, the truth is that the one-offs we hoped for look unlikely to happen. Therefore, 19 cars. And no, Lavin isn't up to scratch - all the other guys have shown at least some potential, even the other guys who are only there through sponsorship.

It's only fair that we say that - only about 10 of the field are as good as the guys we had challenging in 2000. The IRL also has only about 10 truly top-line drivers.

We're not here to be cheerleaders. We're here to discuss what we see as the facts. And the fact is that the 'crapwagons' do at least hve good drivers and good racing, even if most would prefer if there were just one series, as the talent is being diluted.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 17:31 (Ref:584056)   #15
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Of course we are here to discuss what we see as the facts, but does it make you and others in this forum feel big (important) to constantly attack certain drivers? The ALEX YOONG SUCKS thread was 9 pages long...give me a break! I find that immature. Hey BootsOntheSide...you like the IRL's brand of racing...that's because you stand on both sides of the fence.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 18:31 (Ref:584118)   #16
corkholio
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Hey BootsOntheSide...you like the IRL's brand of racing...that's because you stand on both sides of the fence.
So does that make his opinion inferior to yours for the sheer fact that he is not wearing a cheerleader uniform?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:00 (Ref:584209)   #17
Bizzo5000
Racer

Bizzo5000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has to be a consertive. You're either with us or against us mentality. I don't know about you, but I don't blindly follow anything. I question things, it's in my nature. You can cheerlead all you want but untill Memo and Papis and other quality drivers get rides the system is broken. And for having feet on both sides of the fence, hey, I dig chicken but that don't mean I don't dine on some beef. Boots has every right watch what he wants when he wants to. This sounds like we're boycotting Frace.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:01 (Ref:584215)   #18
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Should rename this a "Cheerleader Forum" if you want to hail Lavin as the reincarnation of the Rodriguez brothers.
We'll leave that distinction to Scott "I can't even turn left but I'm an Indycar driver" Mayer.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:40 (Ref:584291)   #19
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Scott Mayer... he didn't even pass his rookie test at the IMS last week!
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:50 (Ref:584314)   #20
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Who's Scott Mayer???
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:02 (Ref:584326)   #21
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He drives for PDM in the IRL and he's a "crashalot"
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:19 (Ref:584342)   #22
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racefanatic
Poor Scott Mayer... he didn't even pass his rookie test at the IMS last week!
Was it the car or driver or both that wasn't up to snuff?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:22 (Ref:584347)   #23
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only 19 drivers in cart well thats only one less then every race in f1
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:57 (Ref:584369)   #24
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bizzo5000
He has to be a consertive. You're either with us or against us mentality. I don't know about you, but I don't blindly follow anything. I question things, it's in my nature. You can cheerlead all you want but untill Memo and Papis and other quality drivers get rides the system is broken. And for having feet on both sides of the fence, hey, I dig chicken but that don't mean I don't dine on some beef. Boots has every right watch what he wants when he wants to. This sounds like we're boycotting Frace.
Tony George is the one who has the "you're either with us or against us mentality". CART has tried to work something out with the IRL on a number of occasions, only to have TG turn his back and walk away time and time again. TG is the one who has devided open wheel racing in North America...IRL on one side of the fence and CART on the other. Im a long time CART fan...I have always (still do) questioned some of their choices. If some of you guys have a problem with the lack of driving talent in CART...then get it off your chest, and move on. Why don't you come up with a positive solution(s) to the problem instead of constantly slamming a few select drivers? Boots can watch what ever racing series he want's...just like everybody else. You guys can write threads in the IRL forum and you can even attend IRL races. But Tony George is trying to destroy CART and I won't help him do it. What side of the fence do I stand on? I stand on CART's side...with both feet!
Old 30 Apr 2003, 00:04 (Ref:584418)   #25
corkholio
Veteran

Put a donkey in that PDM ca and it will go faster than Scott Mayer. In anycase Scott Mayer is not even going to be at Brands so I fail to see what dragging a mega-w*nker into this thread accomplishes anything. Just because Mayer can't drive doesn't make Lavin any better. Lavin still sucks.

Cut the ****, Dov. As long as the people posting here watch CART, it doesn't matter what else they watch or what side of the fence they are on. Just because others have a different opinion than yours don't make them anti-CART or the even lamer accusation of being an IRL fan, when the accused has exactly 0 posts in the IRL forums here! Besides, nobody said you can't be a CART cheerleader but it's not up to you to tell other fans how to be a fan. If you don't like what other people have to say about certain talent-challenged drivers then don't read the posts, as no one is forcing you to.