Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

View Poll Results: Would ten-tenths benefit from a sales & wants section?
Yes, for people who have made x posts 14 46.67%
Yes, available to all members 8 26.67%
No 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Jul 2003, 15:55 (Ref:676419)   #1
bradenc
Racer

United Kingdom
cambridgeshire
bradenc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sales & Wants

Would we like to see a sales and wants section on ten-tenths?

I'd like to see it restricted to those with say 100 or more posts, or maybe members longer than 3 months. That way it shouldn't get abused, too much.

Last edited by bradenc; 31 Jul 2003 at 16:04.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 16:56 (Ref:676464)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have you tried asking (PMing?) Craig about this?
Old 31 Jul 2003, 17:43 (Ref:676490)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

There are loads of websites dedicated to this. I don't want to see it here. Ooops, that's a "want" isn't it?
Old 31 Jul 2003, 17:50 (Ref:676497)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Tried it before and it didn't work sadly. There was about one post every month and usually, if anyone did ever contact the seller, they'd already sold the item elsewhere!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 08:50 (Ref:676920)   #5
bradenc
Racer

United Kingdom
cambridgeshire
bradenc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There we go then. Seems enough people dont want it and it doesn't work anyway.

Thats me satisfied.

Should I have asked before making a post like this?
Old 1 Aug 2003, 09:07 (Ref:676936)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey listen. The "What does TGF Mean?" topic comes up pretty regularly so I don'yt think you should feel guilty or anything.

UST DON'T IT AGAIN OK!!!!!!!!!!????
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:11 (Ref:676994)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sucha kind of posting doesn't belong here in a motorsport discussion forum; personally I don't feel the need for something like that
Old 1 Aug 2003, 10:14 (Ref:676997)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bradenc
Should I have asked before making a post like this?
Got to find out someway, this is as good a way as any!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 20:41 (Ref:677476)   #9
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Sucha kind of posting doesn't belong here in a motorsport discussion forum; personally I don't feel the need for something like that
Hang on, Bradenc only asked a question concerning the site, and the Announcements and Feedback forum is the right place for that.

Personally, I am glad Sato san offered his tapes for sale in the F1 forum, otherwise I wouldn't now be sitting with a nice collection of early 90's races. If a Sales and Wants forum should ever be introduced in the future, I think Bradenc' suggestion of at least having 100 posts or 3 months' membership to be able to "advert" sounds excellent.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 20:52 (Ref:677483)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that it is a good idea for a small section devoted to sales and wants ....put a minimum number of posts to keep it from getting silly posters.....

R ..Glad your still enjoying your F1 race tapes i sent you ......this forum is a great way of meeting people that can help us get the motorsport items we want.....ive also bought 3 Fantastic lithographic motorsport art prints from Andrew Kitson for a start !....now i would never have bought those had i not been talking to him on 10 10 ths ....

so i vote YES ....but only for serious members with X amount of posts ...

Last edited by Sato san; 1 Aug 2003 at 20:54.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 23:01 (Ref:677562)   #11
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep i agree that it'd be an added bonus to the site too. not everyone wants to go through the ebay way of buying.

Last edited by Francesca; 1 Aug 2003 at 23:02.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 03:02 (Ref:677645)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well as Craig said (and I recall) it was tried previously and fell into disuse quite quckly.

My personal view is that if like you Sato San, you've got something related to F1 and you think peeps would be interested then post it like you did.

The Historic Forum does it quite well. There are some "Has anybody got" and "would somebody like to sell" posts.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 04:30 (Ref:677673)   #13
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want a beer :P
Old 2 Aug 2003, 12:45 (Ref:677819)   #14
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have one on me Stu

Bob Marley