Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jan 2004, 19:36 (Ref:838331)   #326
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting stuff - I think my views on the World Championship are well known. Just in case anyone hasn't heard the LMES will be offically launched in Prais tomorrow.

Oh and back on topic I have just seen over on DSC that Norma are planning to enter the LMES. In a statemnet they have said "enlisted in the new Le Mans Endurance Series, in the hands of a partner team"
Old 14 Jan 2004, 19:47 (Ref:838341)   #327
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to any and all news on the big launch of LMES in Paris tomorrow.....send all you can to us via the forum...

Question:

At one point Norma was thought to be doing an LMP2 chassis....

Is this new car with a "Partner team" that LMP2 that was rumored, or is it the older LMP1 chassis we saw compete last year....

Hope the "partner" Norma is bringing to the dance isn't Team Sezio....otherwise, Norma is gonna have pretty sore toes after spending a season on the floor with them....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 14 Jan 2004, 21:27 (Ref:838466)   #328
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't expect too much from tomorrow's launch of the LMES
Old 15 Jan 2004, 11:32 (Ref:839122)   #329
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a short conversation with the people of Racing for Holland. They confrimed that they will enter a car for LM and for the LME series. It is not sure if their second car will be used for LMES since all depends on the sponsor/driver contracts they are working on. Same for technical inovations.

I am not sure if we can expect changes of the same magnitude as last year; e.g. the new aero package and the development of their gearbox. Again, everything depends on the budget drivers and sponsors bring.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 11:59 (Ref:839145)   #330
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fieldgate
I wouldn't expect too much from tomorrow's launch of the LMES
Right, the press release is online now. You can find it on the lemans.org site.

Last edited by vandijk; 15 Jan 2004 at 12:00.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 12:11 (Ref:839153)   #331
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing I have noticed straight off is in Part 2 of the press release the speaker, Jean Claude Plassart mentions the Automatic entries, he mentions the ALMS, the LMES, and of course the LM 24hrs which will provide automatic entries to LM. What about the FIA GT championship? Does this series no longer have automatic entries like last year? Would be a shame if this was the case.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 13:42 (Ref:839232)   #332
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went to the Le Mans Org site but could not find it....

Which index is it in???

Please advise....

Thanks!

Old 15 Jan 2004, 13:45 (Ref:839234)   #333
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here u go Tim. http://www.lemans.org/actualites/pag...ours2_gb.shtml "The other attraction of the 2004 Le Mans Endurance Series and the 4 races on the Monza, Nürburgring, Spa and Silverstone circuits is, as you know, that it provides eight automatic qualifying spots for the 2005 Le Mans 24 Hours. The others will be allocated according to the results in the American Le Mans Series in the USA (8) and of course, the 2004 Le Mans 24 Hours (8). "

9th paragrph down from the top.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 14:04 (Ref:839248)   #334
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely the Le Mans site has it wrong. With Ratel involved, i can't see him standing by while his series loses its automatic slots. FIA-GT is a quality series and deserves those slots. If ACO wants to keep the FIA happy, it had better confirm that FIA-GT will continue to receive automatic places fairly quickly in my opinion.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 15:13 (Ref:839298)   #335
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
This is a change from what we have read before, obviously, concerning the FIA-GT Series....

I'm assuming that the ALMS Bids are the four full-season class winners and teh four class winners at Petit...

How will the LMES 8 be split out?

Where will the 8 from the 24 hrs come from? Top Two in each class???

NOTE ON THE LINK ABOVE:

It shows page 2 and my computer wouldn't let me go back to page 1...

also it alluded to someone to follow that person (it was text of his speech?) to give more details....

When anyone gets the time, I we can get some sort of full accounting of all that was said, I'd appreciate it...

Old 15 Jan 2004, 15:21 (Ref:839304)   #336
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Tim, if u go to www.lemans.org u will notice at the top of the homepage 2 flags, one of the French flag and one of the British flag, click on the British flag and then the site should make a lot more sense to u. Hope that helps.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 15:43 (Ref:839321)   #337
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
They confrimed that they will enter a car for LM
Only one for Le Mans ?
Old 15 Jan 2004, 15:47 (Ref:839328)   #338
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, so where is the rest of the presentation? Part 2 stops just when Ratel is going to present more detail in regards to the LMES.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 15:53 (Ref:839338)   #339
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The second intervention is not in line yet : I think it's too early, Stephane Ratel talk too recently...

Last edited by Fab; 15 Jan 2004 at 15:53.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:06 (Ref:839347)   #340
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
-

Last edited by FIRE; 15 Jan 2004 at 16:09.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:11 (Ref:839353)   #341
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Fab: Put your glasses on!
I have now my glasses... mmm, well, let's read it again : "they confirm that they will enter a car for LM" --> does this mean one car ? :confused:

Sander precises "not sure they'll use the second car for LMES" : this should mean that they'll use it for LM... but I'm not sure of myself, even with the glasses...
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:15 (Ref:839357)   #342
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
-
Fire ? Still here ?
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:19 (Ref:839360)   #343
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Fire ? Still here ?
Sorry Fab, I readed to fast! You are right.

I think Sandor means entering of 2nd car for LMES and LM depends on available money.

Last edited by FIRE; 15 Jan 2004 at 16:21.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:23 (Ref:839362)   #344
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Ho, I see... Well, if I'm dispointed to see that Henri could enter only one car, I feel even more dispointed to see that Jan is in the same case... I thought that his budget was complete...
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:26 (Ref:839367)   #345
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Sorry Fab, I readed to fast! You are right.

I think Sandor means entering of 2nd car for LMES and LM depends on available money.
Sorry for the confusion. Everything indeed depends on budgets but to be clear I did no specidifcally ask them if they would go for two cars in june. I only asked them if they, like in FIA SCC, would enter as a two car team for the LMES and that really depends on the available budget drivers and sponsors bring with them.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:35 (Ref:839377)   #346
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Sorry for the confusion. Everything indeed depends on budgets but to be clear I did no specidifcally ask them if they would go for two cars in june. I only asked them if they, like in FIA SCC, would enter as a two car team for the LMES and that really depends on the available budget drivers and sponsors bring with them.
So still a chance to have two RFH Domes on the grid in June ?!?

Come on, an optimistic end to this grey january day !
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:36 (Ref:839382)   #347
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The decision of Bosch to run his own GTS team is bad luck for RfH.
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:38 (Ref:839386)   #348
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Ok, so where is the rest of the presentation? Part 2 stops just when Ratel is going to present more detail in regards to the LMES.
Wel, actually, I'm not sure that ACO is allowed to published the text of Stéphane Ratel's presentation : they posted in line the speaches of ACO's board members, but SR is not one of the board.

You may have to wait for tomorrow's press release...
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:39 (Ref:839388)   #349
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
The decision of Bosch to run his own GTS team is bad luck for RfH.
Does he intend to enter at LM ?
Old 15 Jan 2004, 16:53 (Ref:839406)   #350
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Does he intend to enter at LM ?
I think he hopes to do LM with the 575. But if they not qualify probably he will race with RfH. He said in an interview he regretted 2003 was only his first LM, so he likes the event.