Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Nov 2003, 19:48 (Ref:796356)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I also understand that John Nilsen's RN Motorsport are going to enter a Porsche 911 GT-3, I will get a full updated list of entries upload over the next few days
I heard this also while ago on this forum.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 19:58 (Ref:796370)   #52
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I understand that they are going to be backed by the Dannish Royal Family..........
Old 27 Nov 2003, 20:03 (Ref:796373)   #53
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Can't they a afford a prototype car?

Maybe this is a good idea for Jan Lammers: "Racing for Dutch Queen and Fatherland". The Dutch prince Alexander and Bernard have a racing license...
Old 27 Nov 2003, 21:43 (Ref:796454)   #54
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems to me the European teams are really benefiting from observing the ALMS for the last few years. The US teams were blown away by the R8 and V12 LMR which put many off entering LMPs. However in Europe teams now realise what type of car they require to compete with the R8s from the off.

Same goes for GTS.

BTW are Carbon GTS cars going to need 100 road cars to be eligible in ACO
Old 27 Nov 2003, 22:13 (Ref:796475)   #55
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The ACO were considering requiring 100 road cars for carbon 'supercars' in order to only attract genuine road cars.

Small manufactuers would have to make 25. The only manufactuer to be affected would be Masarati, although they have said they will build 100 road cars if required.

Over the winter Ratel(FIA) and the ACO are hoping to thrash out one set of GTS regs,whether it is the FIAs Supercar regs or the ACOs option, and even the possible re-introduction of GT1 for the future.

Last edited by JAG; 27 Nov 2003 at 22:20.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 22:16 (Ref:796477)   #56
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see in this weeks Autosport that there is an advert for road going Molser - hopefully we should see them out at some point.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 16:19 (Ref:797239)   #57
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I see in this weeks Autosport that there is an advert for road going Molser - hopefully we should see them out at some point.
Possibly en LMES or ALMS ? I thought that they were not allowed to... and cannot remember for which reason... road cars production ? And you're answering to my question in this case...
Old 28 Nov 2003, 17:11 (Ref:797270)   #58
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mosler has contracted Beckland Industries in the UK to do a run of 25 road cars (presumably for the Euro+UK markets).

They will be allowed to run unrestricted in GTS once there are 25 road cars (total).

Last edited by paul-collins; 28 Nov 2003 at 17:12.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Nov 2003, 05:37 (Ref:797941)   #59
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hope it will be soon ! Any clues or rumours about the championship ? ALMS or LMES ?
Old 29 Nov 2003, 20:36 (Ref:798416)   #60
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
As promised I have uploaded a possible entry list for next year LMES you can see it HERE
Old 30 Nov 2003, 04:54 (Ref:798715)   #61
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Rob, you worked all week-end on this ! Let's cheer him members !

And we how you a , of course !
Old 30 Nov 2003, 06:48 (Ref:798799)   #62
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, great done, but is 6:54 on sunday morning not a little bit early for a beer, Fab?.. or are you that kind of man..

Impressive list though, I count about 80 cars! Let's say that half of those will finally appear on the starting grid in Monza, we would have a great field!
Old 30 Nov 2003, 08:57 (Ref:798950)   #63
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Well the Creation Lambo is a definite NO for starters
Old 30 Nov 2003, 10:30 (Ref:799056)   #64
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Updated
Old 30 Nov 2003, 11:04 (Ref:799103)   #65
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
You can add Team Jota in LMP2 - possibly with an updated Pilbeam MP84

I don't think PK Sport are doing LMES
Old 30 Nov 2003, 11:09 (Ref:799110)   #66
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
PK Sport, not sure wouldn't at all be suprised to see them enter 1 car at some of the races......
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:39 (Ref:799235)   #67
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Perhaps one race max but since they already have anassured LM entry and their 2004 sponsor is for ALMS I doubt it.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 13:43 (Ref:799238)   #68
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Graham, will DSC have a Provisional entry list for the LMES soon? I hope so.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 14:31 (Ref:799262)   #69
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rdjones has a very good provisional entry list in his site.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:19 (Ref:799293)   #70
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
There's a lot more to come on potential LMES entries in the next few weeks
Old 30 Nov 2003, 17:14 (Ref:799352)   #71
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Wout
Yes, great done, but is 6:54 on sunday morning not a little bit early for a beer, Fab?.. or are you that kind of man..

Impressive list though, I count about 80 cars! Let's say that half of those will finally appear on the starting grid in Monza, we would have a great field!
No hour for men ! [hips] ; I went to bed at 1am after some great bottles, I'm more the wine type, but Rob, you'll have some instead of next June !

Wout, completely agree for the field, this LMES championship should start under a good star...
Old 30 Nov 2003, 17:16 (Ref:799353)   #72
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
There's a lot more to come on potential LMES entries in the next few weeks
Wow wow wow !!! Can't believe my eyes when I read this !
Old 2 Dec 2003, 11:01 (Ref:801355)   #73
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Add to the entry list, DSC reports that 2 Ferrari 575's from Barron Connor Racing will contest the LMES, 2 named drivers are FIA SCC Champion John Bosch, and Danny Sullivan If things carry on the way that they are Im pretty convinced that the LMES and FIA GT can co exist happily without damaging either series entries.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 14:52 (Ref:801533)   #74
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
What a field ! When will it stop ? New cars are possibly enter each day !
Old 2 Dec 2003, 16:09 (Ref:801598)   #75
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
More still to come!