Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Dec 2003, 14:50 (Ref:810229)   #101
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I dont see the Rollcentre team getting turned down for a LM entry, LM is crying out for LMP cars at the moment and top cars like the Oreca Dallara's are bound to be a welcome addition and might be a challenge to the privateer Audi's, still I could be completly wrong but Im expecting to see them on the grid for LM next year.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 14:56 (Ref:810233)   #102
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
They are putting in an entry for LM but I guess its wait and see.
A sole entry, or entries for both of the cars ? Sorry to bug you Graham, I'm very excited by the news !
Old 12 Dec 2003, 14:56 (Ref:810234)   #103
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also still on the prototype footing - I have just seen the photo's of the re-worked Lister, that also looks spot on to me.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:01 (Ref:810242)   #104
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Personally I dont see the Rollcentre team getting turned down for a LM entry, LM is crying out for LMP cars at the moment and top cars like the Oreca Dallara's are bound to be a welcome addition and might be a challenge to the privateer Audi's, still I could be completly wrong but Im expecting to see them on the grid for LM next year.
A terrific Judd battle in sight : what if Pesca buys GV5s ?

Agree with you about the prototype's field, SaleenS7R, I don't see ACO refusing Dallaras entries...
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:02 (Ref:810245)   #105
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Do Short and Barbosa have much experience of prototypes?
Barbosa has driven prototypes in Europe but not the big ones iirc. Short has, well, one race. Still, there is something about these two that makes me feel confident. They can live up to the task. Also, no other drivers have been announced yet...

Yes, the Lister looks terrific, too. The airbox looks dramatic! Now let's hope for a better season next year, and a steady supply of spare parts.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:06 (Ref:810248)   #106
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
A terrific Judd battle in sight : what if Pesca buys GV5s ?

Agree with you about the prototype's field, SaleenS7R, I don't see ACO refusing Dallaras entries...
You know, I was thinking its bizzare to think that cars like the Ferrari 550/575 produce 600bhp yet are still slower on the Mulsanne than cars like the Lister LMP (albeit only marginally) which only have 564bhp, just goes to show how much better the areodynamics are on the LMP cars I guess.

I agree fab with regards to the battle, for once I think we could have a REAL battle on our hands next year, with the lack of manufacturers its been a blessing in disguise, I mean who can really pick a winner for 2004 at the moment? Its going to be great, Audi's, Domes, Listers, Dallara's and of course the Courages! I cant remember the last time the LM was so wide open.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:08 (Ref:810250)   #107
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are they planning on racing both cars? Use one as a spare?
Exciting news...especially for us Sebring fans....LMES is looking impressive to say the least along with the FIA GT series. Sportscar racing is looking solid in Europe...now if the ALMS could just capture some of this momentum
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:11 (Ref:810252)   #108
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
A sole entry, or entries for both of the cars ? Sorry to bug you Graham, I'm very excited by the news !
Reading the article on DSC - I would say that they are going to try and get and entry for both cars
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:16 (Ref:810255)   #109
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
You know, I was thinking its bizzare to think that cars like the Ferrari 550/575 produce 600bhp yet are still slower on the Mulsanne than cars like the Lister LMP (albeit only marginally) which only have 564bhp, just goes to show how much better the areodynamics are on the LMP cars I guess.
Weight, weight, weight...
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:17 (Ref:810256)   #110
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Reading the article on DSC - I would say that they are going to try and get and entry for both cars
Yahaha !!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:20 (Ref:810261)   #111
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rollcentre Racing ORECA Dallaras

just posted at dsc:
Rollcentre Racing have purchased the two 2002 ORECA Dallaras
entering Sebring 12 hrs, LMES 1000km races and hopefully Le Mans 23...how f****** cool is that

Last edited by PaulSands; 12 Dec 2003 at 15:21.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:24 (Ref:810265)   #112
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That has got to be the best news yet. The LMES is sure going to be special this year. What next ???????
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:24 (Ref:810266)   #113
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
news on the new Lister over there too....bring it on

Last edited by PaulSands; 12 Dec 2003 at 15:25.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:26 (Ref:810268)   #114
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Paul, it was posted in the LMES entries thread... I'm gonna merge this one, please, let's keep on on the main one...
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:26 (Ref:810269)   #115
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
okie dokie
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:29 (Ref:810273)   #116
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
okie dokie

Everybody seems excited here ! Aren't we ?
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:30 (Ref:810275)   #117
almzkid
Rookie

New Lister LMP or GT car?

Thanks
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:31 (Ref:810276)   #118
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
both I think

Last edited by PaulSands; 12 Dec 2003 at 15:31.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:32 (Ref:810279)   #119
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Pearce will be a busy man next year. So may be Mr. Campbell-Walter, in one way or the other.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:35 (Ref:810286)   #120
almzkid
Rookie

There changing/updating both the LMP and there GT contender...any word on if they ever plan on making the GT car ACO eligible
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:37 (Ref:810292)   #121
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
well Larence Pearce talks about going for 24 hours so hopefully it will be
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:38 (Ref:810293)   #122
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Weight, weight, weight...
Nah weight dosent have much to do with top end speed I dont think Fab, sure at the start of the mulsanne it does but by the end of the straight it shoudnt matter a bit, and as its downhill the extra weight should help the GTS cars - more momentum. Intrestingly the narrower tires on the GTS class cars, GT and LMP 675 should make them even faster on the mulsanne as there is less rolling resistance.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 12 Dec 2003 at 15:39.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:40 (Ref:810298)   #123
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
well Larence Pearce talks about going for 24 hours so hopefully it will be
24hr of Spa

No the Storm GT will never go the Le Mans. It would be asking too much from Lister to expect they will build the road cars required to homologate it. And anyway, Lister can have a shot at overall victory with the LMP.
Old 12 Dec 2003, 15:42 (Ref:810301)   #124
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
sorry I thought you meant the LMP...durrrrrrrr
Old 12 Dec 2003, 16:31 (Ref:810351)   #125
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure how many of the 59 cars listed at the start of this thread intend on including Sebring to their program and many cars are desireable, but if NONE of these cars commit to running more ALMS races some won't get on the grid at Sebring. ALMS will have to protect their full-season commitments and reject some of the LMES cars in order to do that.

Something for teams to think about if they are hoping to use Sebring as their potential Le Mans "audition".