Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Dec 2003, 20:13 (Ref:814451)   #176
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not taking shots at the whole European side of the equation, jag...you know me better than that from my posts over thesemany months...

I was the guy yelling for the ACO to step up and do what they did to revive sportscar racing in Europe...and that was last February...months before they announced the LMES was forthcoming during the test day weekend...

I'm just saying that if I were a car owner, and had my choice of series to race in (most don't...geography defines that...where you live and work is where your team will race unless you have a huge budget for travel)

I'd pick the ALMS because of the better odds of getting an automatic bid...less teams to beat would make for better odds....

The prototypes in Europe next season will be awesome...great, deep fields with talented teams, fast cars and solid drivers....I'm looking forward to it...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Dec 2003, 00:37 (Ref:814722)   #177
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Totally agree TIM. Just wish some more US teams took the plunge in the ALMS.

Afterall a new EVO II DBA can be picked up for £240,000 or so, much cheaper than a top line GTS, so theres not really any excuse not to enter an LMP IMO.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 19:31 (Ref:816372)   #178
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just seen over on DSC that Mike Jordan (Eurotech) have obtained a Porsche 911 RSR for obtained for an LMES campaign.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 21:25 (Ref:816434)   #179
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I saw the same article, no mention in the article though of Eurotech's FIA GT plans for 2004, will they be in FIA GT for 2004? I hope so...
Old 19 Dec 2003, 22:48 (Ref:816475)   #180
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
No FIA for Eurotech on 04 (apart from a one-off appearance at Donington).
Old 19 Dec 2003, 23:01 (Ref:816480)   #181
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okay, thanks Graham. Shame that Eurotech wont be in FIA GT for 2004 but Im sure FIA GT will see them replaced next year with another team..
Old 20 Dec 2003, 18:02 (Ref:816956)   #182
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't know if its been mentioned but Hughes De Chaunac says ORECA will return to sportscar racing in either 2004 (with a Care Racing 550) or 2005 with some other program.

Good to see them back!
Old 20 Dec 2003, 18:20 (Ref:816959)   #183
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yes indeed, but I cannot see the point to be back with a 550, when they tried to reach the top with teh Dallaras... well, I'm too 'proto'-type , I think...

Sorry for this SaleenS7R !
Old 20 Dec 2003, 18:34 (Ref:816966)   #184
JAG
Veteran

England
Me too. Personally I think he'll sit out 2004, observe how great the LMPs will be in the LMES and return with an LMP program.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 21:37 (Ref:817046)   #185
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did Eurotech campaign last year in the FIA GT? A Viper? I haven't seen any pictures/can't find any information on it. Either would be appreciated.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 21:50 (Ref:817058)   #186
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Porsche 911GT-RS

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 23 Dec 2003, 16:18 (Ref:819099)   #187
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrea Piccini has been confirmed for a seat with the Lister Storm LMP. He is the only confirmed driver with that team at the moment. The article states that Jamie C-W is chasing a seat with the factory corvette team (which we knew).

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=28&nid=83002
Old 23 Dec 2003, 16:57 (Ref:819148)   #188
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, but word is that Corvette has settled on Ron and Johnny, Oliver and Olivier for the second car, with Papis and someone-not-JC-W for enduros. (I saw it this morning somewhere and now can't source it.)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Dec 2003, 17:11 (Ref:819168)   #189
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting Paul. Would this searching around burn his bridges with Lister, or would they gladly have him back? How does everyone rate JCW? I don't know that much about him really as I have not followed FIA-GT that much.

Although I'm hoping to expand my race coverage this year with the addition of my X-Mas present...satelite TV!

Last edited by jhansen; 23 Dec 2003 at 17:12.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 18:26 (Ref:819226)   #190
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
How does everyone rate JCW? I don't know that much about him really as I have not followed FIA-GT that much.
I reckon he is a very quick driver as he has shown on more than several occaisions . IMO he can be a little bit quick off the mark at times when commenting on other drivers skills though , for example the season opener when his Lister was wacked by a Viper splitter and he threw a wobbler on the BMS 550 . Maybe he was a little freaked out , I would be !!! No doubt about it , he will make the Lister LMP shine with Picinni .

I heard someplace that he had signed with Lister again ?

Happy Christmass boys and girls , hope you have a goody
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:37 (Ref:819349)   #191
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's doing British GT with Lister
Old 23 Dec 2003, 20:42 (Ref:819354)   #192
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yes, and maybe the ALMS with Corvette.
Old 23 Dec 2003, 21:17 (Ref:819375)   #193
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found the source for Corvette - on the speed TV discussion forum (so take it as you wish).

http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=24015

The 6th driver is E. Collard. So Jamie is not in a Corvette seat, if that poster is correct.

Last edited by paul-collins; 23 Dec 2003 at 21:17.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Dec 2003, 21:37 (Ref:819405)   #194
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If that is ture, then I feel really sorry for Jamie, but it will be great to see him in the Lister again in the British GT's, the LMES and at Le Mans.....
Old 24 Dec 2003, 08:57 (Ref:819760)   #195
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Just in case, I wanted to spot the new LMES Logo on ACO's site...
Old 26 Dec 2003, 07:30 (Ref:820665)   #196
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Jérôme Mugnier anounces the Corvette's line-up for 2004 : Oliver Gavin, Olivier Beretta and Emmanuel Collard for the first one, Ron Fellows, Johnny O'Connell and Max Papis in the second one.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 12:54 (Ref:820743)   #197
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Is this confirmed? There were rumours that Memo Gidley was in the running for one of the 'enduro' seats.
Old 27 Dec 2003, 17:40 (Ref:821374)   #198
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Jérôme Mugnier seems positive on this assertion...
Old 27 Dec 2003, 17:50 (Ref:821381)   #199
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
They tested a lot drivers include our very own J-CW, remember Corvette will not competing in the LMES. There only outing in Europe will be at Le Mans.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 06:44 (Ref:822344)   #200
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
They tested a lot drivers include our very own J-CW, remember Corvette will not competing in the LMES. There only outing in Europe will be at Le Mans.
Just to enlarge the question, do Corvette have any 'customers programm' or something ? It's a real shame we can't have those beauties on the track all year long this side of the pond... And I pray for a not to strong domination by Ferraris in 2004, the more balanced field at least...