Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Dec 2003, 07:32 (Ref:822364)   #201
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I understand, and Graham, maybe able to answer this better, we may see a couple of private entries, from teams such as Xero Competition and I did read somewhere that there is a team from Belgium are looking to enter a car too.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 07:49 (Ref:822369)   #202
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened or is going to happen to the Selleslagh Corvette C5R that raced in Belcar this year? Last i heard it was for sale

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 29 Dec 2003, 08:24 (Ref:822383)   #203
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Duffacus
What happened or is going to happen to the Selleslagh Corvette C5R that raced in Belcar this year? Last i heard it was for sale
I saw that too ; there was an ad in Le Mans Racing last issue...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 09:17 (Ref:822409)   #204
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Carsport Belgium / Ecurie GT (?) bought the car ...
Old 1 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:825307)   #205
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Yeh theres something about Carsport Belgium over on DSC, it says they intend to buy a Pratt & Miller Corvette C5-R. Is that the same one Selleslaghs used this year because if it is and he is involved in the new team he won't have to buy it or will he be buying a new one?

Old 2 Jan 2004, 10:49 (Ref:825601)   #206
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yeh theres something about Carsport Belgium over on DSC, it says they intend to buy a Pratt & Miller Corvette C5-R. Is that the same one Selleslaghs used this year because if it is and he is involved in the new team he won't have to buy it or will he be buying a new one?
Did Selleslaghs actually own the Vette they used this year himself?- the advertisement for the car on DSC (which is still on the site at present) gives Marc Vannerum as the contact for prospective buyers (I've got a vague memory of reading somewhere that he owned the car)

I'm sure I saw a piece in Autosport this week on the new team which if I read it correctly implied they may be buying a new C5R from P&M?
Old 2 Jan 2004, 12:07 (Ref:825635)   #207
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has Carsport Belgium links with Carsport Holland/Hezemans?
Old 2 Jan 2004, 12:30 (Ref:825654)   #208
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
Did Selleslaghs actually own the Vette they used this year himself?- the advertisement for the car on DSC (which is still on the site at present) gives Marc Vannerum as the contact for prospective buyers (I've got a vague memory of reading somewhere that he owned the car)
You're right, Marc Vannerum is the sole owner of the Corvette. Selleslagh is the owner of the SRT (Selleslagh Racing) team which fielded the car. The reason why the car is being sold in the first place is because Vannerum has to stop racing for a while.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 13:50 (Ref:825711)   #209
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
I think Carsport Belgium is a completly different team to Carsport Holland

Old 2 Jan 2004, 18:41 (Ref:825859)   #210
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It is a completely different team from Carsport Holland.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 20:20 (Ref:825907)   #211
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Which makes one wonder why they called themselves that.
Old 2 Jan 2004, 20:40 (Ref:825926)   #212
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it does seem a little odd dosent it, perhaps they are big Carsport Holland fans.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 10:08 (Ref:826347)   #213
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Fuzzy
You're right, Marc Vannerum is the sole owner of the Corvette. Selleslagh is the owner of the SRT (Selleslagh Racing) team which fielded the car. The reason why the car is being sold in the first place is because Vannerum has to stop racing for a while.
So is the Vannerum car still for sale?- if Selleslagh hasn't bought this one and is buying one from P&M, then potentially there may be a chance of seeing another Vette out there if someone else picks up the Vannerum car- let's hope so- I'd have thought it would be a fairly attractive option for anyone looking at the GTS class in LMES.....
Old 3 Jan 2004, 11:06 (Ref:826374)   #214
HJC
Racer

HJC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Selleslagh is going to buy/ has bought a new P&M Corvette. Vannerum's Corvette is still for sale so it's possible to see 2 Corvette's in LMES. Patrick Selleslagh and Patrick Slaus have founded a new team, called Carsport Belgium. Some people aren't really happy with this choice of name...
Old 3 Jan 2004, 11:39 (Ref:826390)   #215
Evil Fuzzy
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Evil Fuzzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just read (over at www.pitstop.tv) they're planning to enter belcar, Spa 24 hours and LMES. Both Patricks know the Corvette (Selleslagh drove one last year and Slaus was responsible for the chassis at SRT), but they don't seem to be planning to drive it themselves. They're talking to some of Belgiums finest drivers: Kurt Mollekens, Marc Goossens, Vincent Vosse and Fred Bouvy.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 20:53 (Ref:827643)   #216
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Goossens ..... now there is a good idea !!! How about Eric van de Poele too . That would be a seriously quick car then .
Old 5 Jan 2004, 16:51 (Ref:828503)   #217
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hi, and a late happy new year!

Anyone put together an updated list of possible LMES entrants?
Old 5 Jan 2004, 18:43 (Ref:828617)   #218
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad to see the name Marc Goossens finally show up again on someone's driver list...

The guy is downright fast in this type of racing...

But I'd rather see him in a prototype...and R&S prototype, to be specific...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Jan 2004, 19:16 (Ref:828661)   #219
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Hi, and a late happy new year!

Anyone put together an updated list of possible LMES entrants?
I have just uploaded an update entry list to my site.
Old 5 Jan 2004, 22:15 (Ref:828867)   #220
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Based on the list:

R&M is going to come back for 2004???

That's interesting news....

That car is the R&S MkIIIB that they made revisions to, isn't it????

Will it pass the homologation rule??? Did R&S file the paperwork on it???

Just wondering....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Jan 2004, 23:08 (Ref:828935)   #221
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Not really sure, I picked up the information from DSC. It was just on a list of possible prototype entries, which they posted just before christmas.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 01:46 (Ref:829057)   #222
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regarding the Corvettes. Arn't Xero building 2 of there self developed GT spec C5s for a new team that will compete in British GTs and the LMES.

Also any news on the 'works' Vauxhall Monero' that is supposedly destined for British GTs and possibly LMES. They didn't do to badly in the Bathurst 24HR.

Finally are any of the British GT TVR/Morgan teams planning on entering the LMES?
Old 6 Jan 2004, 02:27 (Ref:829078)   #223
JAG
Veteran

England
Oh, and now we know Pesca will be using the Judd 5l, any news on his program and whether he will run 1 or 2 cars.

Also are Nasamax still persisting with converting there Reynard to 2004 spec, or are they going to run a 2004 spec Lola or such like. Afterall they have just changed engines from there Cosworth V8 to a Judd V10.
Old 6 Jan 2004, 05:20 (Ref:829130)   #224
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where did you hear about Pescarolo switching to Judd power? I think I missed something. Do you have a link for that JAG?
Old 6 Jan 2004, 06:07 (Ref:829144)   #225
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
Where did you hear about Pescarolo switching to Judd power? I think I missed something. Do you have a link for that JAG?
Try here

Graham confirmed, and RDJones too, based on DSC news ; I confirmed too on a french basis (Jérôme Mugnier).