Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:32 (Ref:934376)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plum Pudding Meeting 2004

Yes, I know we haven't had Easter yet but I thought I'd better let you all know early!

BARC Midlands Centre have once again been invited to run the car bits of the Plum Pudding meeting at Mallory Park on Boxing Day

The format will be the same as last year, two practice and two races for Caterhams and the BARC Midlands Open Single Seaters.

Get your entries in early folks!!!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 13:48 (Ref:934401)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BARC MOSS? Nice!

I will try to encourage a number of FF1600s out. I wonder if I will be allowed to commentate again!
Old 8 Apr 2004, 19:29 (Ref:934699)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
BARC MOSS? Nice!

I will try to encourage a number of FF1600s out. I wonder if I will be allowed to commentate again!
I knew we could rely on your help to get a few entries!

Since I didn't hear your commentary last year I couldn't possibly say

Would you like to commentate again? (I'm not asking you to, just enquiring!)
Old 2 May 2004, 18:03 (Ref:958750)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheila, Ian

How about expanding the format beyond a one off event? I really like the idea of Midlands Open Single Seaters and would almost certainly compete. I already enter the BARC-SEC Single Seater races at Silverstone Stowe when I can and firmly believe that this format (for up to 2 Litre cars and with one practice plus a 10 min and a 20 min race) should be the way to go for regional racing. Perhaps such a series should be promoted alongside the Regional FF1600 series in order to give them a chance of extra races and reasonable size grids. Maybe the BARC Midlands should co-promote the BARC-SEC races at Silverstone Stowe, alongside races at Mallory and Donington etc, in order to build interest in regional racing.
Old 2 May 2004, 18:06 (Ref:958755)   #5
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regional FF1600 is BRSCC racing Andy, not BARC. MOSS sounds good but how many entries would they get and would it harm the Stowe races which can't really afford to lose entries?
Old 2 May 2004, 20:30 (Ref:958807)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a non-starter if you ask me. If the SE series can't get the grids there is no way a new series should be allowed to start. Perhaps the SE races could be expanded to Mallory - run at the right meeting you might get a handful of cars.
Old 3 May 2004, 08:39 (Ref:959096)   #7
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how about letting some saloons in on the action

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 3 May 2004, 19:01 (Ref:959602)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry about getting my BARCs and BRSCCs mixed up. I don't think that MOSS would harm the Stowe races, as long as they were promoted on different weekends. And, whilst I accept that the BARC-SEC single seater series is struggling for entries at the moment that's probably because not many people know about it, sadly. I still think that a regional Formula Libre type series could take off, perhaps as an allcomers race at the end of a meeting. Give people the chance of a second race, where appropriate, alongside people like me who are happy to race locally, regularly, and it might take off.
Old 3 May 2004, 19:28 (Ref:959647)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by graham bahr
how about letting some saloons in on the action
Yep. Why not?
Old 3 Jun 2004, 21:08 (Ref:993214)   #10
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what we can run car-wise and the Caterhams and Open Single Seaters (up to 2,500 cc) seem to go down well with the bike spectators (it is predominently a bike meeting after all)

However, we would like to see as many of the Caterhams and Single Seaters as possible.

If you would like an entry form or further information, please visit the BARC website for details.

Sheila Marrison
Press Officer
BARC Midlands Centre