Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Apr 2004, 19:55 (Ref:945922)   #26
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I think you mean the crocque monsieur..... (if I've spelled it right).
I think a croque monsieur is a toasted ham and cheese sandwich (which is also very tasty). However I have a great LM memory, sitting in that little bar on the outside of Tertre Rouge (through the tunnel) with a ham and cheese baguette in hand (not toasted).

Come on now, what's the tartiflette? Pleeeeeze!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:24 (Ref:946031)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Les baguettes, avec jambon et emmental?

Come on Gilles, explain Tartiflettes for us?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 20 Apr 2004 at 21:26.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 21:50 (Ref:946056)   #28
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
Quote:
Les baguettes, avec jambon et emmental?
Bingo!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 07:40 (Ref:946370)   #29
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Tartiflette, I think that is the potato, cheese, onion and bacon mixture you see cooking in the huge comedy frying pans. It doesn't look the best but is a very welcome change to frites/meat/baguette combinations. In fact, other than one of the restaurants it is probably the only savoury alternative to frites or meat. And very nice too, just be careful as when it comes out of the pan it is generally hotter than the sun - so eat slowly or have a cold beer on standby!
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:49 (Ref:946415)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another tartiflette fan then?
Old 21 Apr 2004, 19:32 (Ref:947025)   #31
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
That sounds very tasty. Thanks for the warning about the skull-melting heat.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 19:38 (Ref:947036)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think I'll stick with my merguez.......
Old 21 Apr 2004, 20:06 (Ref:947063)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I did suggest a link up on my visit to Audi UK on Wednesday. It would be good news for them, but I think it fell on deaf ears......

Just to draw attention to this comment I made a few days ago. I now have no doubt at all I was incorrect........ So suitably humble apologies to both parties....
Old 21 Apr 2004, 21:54 (Ref:947173)   #34
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm fascinated to see the train of thought from radio to tartiflette !
Old 21 Apr 2004, 22:11 (Ref:947208)   #35
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least it's still only a food thread...
Old 11 May 2004, 18:07 (Ref:967949)   #36
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have this link saved as one of my favorites for http://www.autosport.com/rlm/home/index.asp and I have just hit it by mistake and it looks as if the Radio Le Mans website is up and running.
Old 11 May 2004, 18:15 (Ref:967955)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I have this link saved as one of my favorites for http://www.autosport.com/rlm/home/index.asp and I have just hit it by mistake and it looks as if the Radio Le Mans website is up and running.
Quote:
71st edition of the world's most famous motor race: the Le Mans 24 Hours
This is the website of last year.

If I am right last year I used: http://www.radiolemans.com
Old 11 May 2004, 18:18 (Ref:967960)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah it does look the same as last years. I think for race week www.radiolemans.com might work too.
Old 11 May 2004, 18:22 (Ref:967966)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I just sended an email to http://www.autosport.com/rlm/home/index.asp to ask if Radio Le Mans is in the air this year.
Old 12 May 2004, 07:23 (Ref:968371)   #40
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John Hindhaugh confirmed on another forum (there are other forums?) that RLM will be broadcasting on 91.2fm from Wedsnesday noon until Sunday evening including coverage of the England vs. France footie match.
Old 12 May 2004, 17:02 (Ref:968926)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Yesterday I sended an email to Autosport about this years online Radio Le Mans. They will be on the air through autosport.com from midday Wednesday June 9th.
Old 12 May 2004, 17:58 (Ref:968957)   #42
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Yes I just read that too. It is great news so that means in 4 weeks time I will be listen to Radio Le Mans and at the circuit too.....
Old 12 May 2004, 18:02 (Ref:968965)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, dust off those radio hats, you can keep the blistering sun off and listen to RLM at the same time.....
Old 20 May 2004, 22:33 (Ref:977108)   #44
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
HELLLPPPP!!! RadioLeMans???

Anybody know where to find Radio LeMans this year? I have searched and searched to no avail... We're gettin 17 1/2 hours of race coverage on SPEED channel but I need to fill in the gap. (Actually, I listen to RLM simultaneously with the tv coverage) Thanks...

Last edited by jimclark; 20 May 2004 at 22:34.

jimclark
Old 20 May 2004, 22:54 (Ref:977124)   #45
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi JC, check the "Your window to Le Mans" thread a bit lower on the forum which might help you.

Either that, or come on over for the weekend ............

Steve
Old 21 May 2004, 02:08 (Ref:977220)   #46
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Steve - Thanks fer your reply but I found (what I really knew all along, just haven't seen anything yet and am getting antsy) the reply I needed. If you haven't heard yhe Radio LeMans broadcast of the race, I suggest you give it a listen. You'll then understand my angst....

http://www.americanlemans.com/fanfre...p?TOPIC_ID=508

jimclark
Old 21 May 2004, 07:05 (Ref:977313)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
RLM is essential. Absolutely essential.
Old 21 May 2004, 08:58 (Ref:977425)   #48
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimclark
[B]Steve - Thanks fer your reply but I found (what I really knew all along, just haven't seen anything yet and am getting antsy) the reply I needed. If you haven't heard yhe Radio LeMans broadcast of the race, I suggest you give it a listen. You'll then understand my angst....

Hi Jim Clark

No problem there, just trying to help.

Going to do one better than just listen - will be there on post 106 (after Arnage) as a marshal for the event! Therefore have the sights and sounds of the cars going passed me and commentary from RLM in my earpiece. Great mixture.
Old 21 May 2004, 16:27 (Ref:977878)   #49
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...hot off the press & will be sponsored/supported by your favourite UK LMP1 privateer team with backing from a German bank.

edited to say - Mmmmm Tartefl.... yummy (avec Carrefour plonk-rouge)

Last edited by Fieldgate; 21 May 2004 at 16:28.
Old 21 May 2004, 17:56 (Ref:977961)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
What FM frequency are they on again please ?