Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1091797)   #1
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally...news from Racing for Holland

Finally, we have some news about the future of Racing for Holland. Jan has annouced special plans for 2005. I wish the team all the best! He is a great driver and I'm sure we'll all love to see more of him. Come on Dutch sponsors...

http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...d=484&Itemid=2

Last edited by TerryC; 10 Sep 2004 at 11:10.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1091879)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Ah ah ! This is outstanding news from PlanetLeMans Team (Sander, Franck and Vinnie) !
Old 10 Sep 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1092048)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it's nice to hear from Mr. Lammers, but I certainly didn't read much in the way of positives. I hope things look up for them and that they will be able to make a full schedule next year.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1092055)   #4
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think to help with the financial burden, Jan should consider possibly selling the second Dome and concentrate on just one car for the next season. I hope things will work out for the team. Go RfH!

Last edited by TerryC; 10 Sep 2004 at 15:12.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 03:03 (Ref:1092494)   #5
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can solve lammers financial woes right now:

-scrap the checkerboard sponsorship scheme, it only gets you enough cash to race at lemans and a couple of other events... maybe. no big sponsors will come as they can't be identified on the car.

-stop whining about the P675 cars... everybody else who has a P900 is dealing with it. you want sponsors? you have to race in more than one race.

-concentrate on one car. you dont have the money or resources to race two competitive cars. do you think that rollcentre, lister, pescarolo, etc. would be faster if rfh had one car? i dont think so...
Old 16 Sep 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1098520)   #6
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fine to hear again from Jan
Will he race the "old" cars or will they run in a more LMP1-like configuration?
Old 16 Sep 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1098688)   #7
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At LeMans this year, some of the crew were talking about looking for a new chassis for next year. But reading the story I get the feeling nothing will be theirs. It will be a test car for various suppliers, without RfH paying a single dime for it. At least, that should be their plan.
Maybe I should ring mr. Shell. He can test his fuell in my car for an unlimited period
Old 17 Sep 2004, 17:48 (Ref:1099578)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by TerryC
I think to help with the financial burden, Jan should consider possibly selling the second Dome and concentrate on just one car for the next season. I hope things will work out for the team. Go RfH!
Yes, but I think it's not easy to sell the car.

Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
i can solve lammers financial woes right now:

-scrap the checkerboard sponsorship scheme, it only gets you enough cash to race at lemans and a couple of other events... maybe. no big sponsors will come as they can't be identified on the car.
I think they have this checkerboard sponsorship scheme because they were not able to get a big sponsor. Last year Lammers said in an interview that this sponsorship scheme delivered more money to the team then Spykers main sponsor Orange. The checkerboard livery generated a lott of (local) media attention in Holland. But I have to agree it's time for a new livery.

Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
-stop whining about the P675 cars... everybody else who has a P900 is dealing with it. you want sponsors? you have to race in more than one race.
Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
At LeMans this year, some of the crew were talking about looking for a new chassis for next year. But reading the story I get the feeling nothing will be theirs. It will be a test car for various suppliers, without RfH paying a single dime for it. At least, that should be their plan.
I think you are right. But who are these suppliers? With Judd selling/leasing engines to Pescarolo, Nasamax, Taures and Rollcentre I don't think they are giving RfH engines for free. Or are they using Mugen engines next year? Probably Dunlop supplies them with tyres for free and will Dome help the team.

RfH needs more races (LMES) otherwise they will no longer be able to race for best non-factory entry. With RfH only racing LM and Kondo racing LM and 1 LMES race the Domes did't do much laps, so I am afraid the cars are not further developed.

To attract international sponsors it's maybe better to drop the Racing for Holland name and rename the team to Jan Lammers Racing. I can imagine international sponsors are not interested in RfH because of the team name. Same is for some drivers. For example the Danes John Nielsen, Carsten Elgaard en Jens Moller drove in a red-white (Danish colors) Lister at Le Mans. I can imagine these Danish drivers were not interested in RfH because of the name Racing for Holland. Or am I talking nonsense?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:23 (Ref:1099795)   #9
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i definitely agree with you on changing the name of the team... if i were a british company, i wouldnt want to sponsor a team named racing for holland
Old 18 Sep 2004, 07:38 (Ref:1099954)   #10
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Ah ah ! This is outstanding news from PlanetLeMans Team (Sander, Franck and Vinnie) !
hem ... you probably mean Frank
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:05 (Ref:1100028)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
On the point of sponsorship, while non-Dutch companies may be put off by the name, might not Dutch companies (Philips, Shell etc.) be attracted by the idea of 'Racing for Holland'?
Old 18 Sep 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1100081)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
On the point of sponsorship, while non-Dutch companies may be put off by the name, might not Dutch companies (Philips, Shell etc.) be attracted by the idea of 'Racing for Holland'?
These Dutch companies are not really interested in a small market like Holland. When former F1 driver Jos Verstappen was looking for sponsorship in the late 90s the response of Shell was: Comeback if you are world champion. Philips was sponsor of Verstappen during his F3 season ('93) and F1 period at Simtek ('95) and Arrows ('96).
Old 19 Sep 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1100787)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I agree that Holland is, in and of itself, a small market, but might there be an appeal for Dutch companies to appear patriotic to a wider market?
Old 19 Sep 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1100974)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
I agree that Holland is, in and of itself, a small market, but might there be an appeal for Dutch companies to appear patriotic to a wider market?
They are only patriotic as the national football team plays and during the Olympic Games...