Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Nov 2004, 22:40 (Ref:1163286)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How many days left to the Plum Pudding Meeting?

Apparently it's 32, so you haven't got much time left to get your entries in!

So far, we have 10 Caterhams and 2 single seaters, which even combined wouldn't make a full grid.

Come on boys and girls, please don't let us down, get your entries in soon, otherwise all the marshals who have volunteered to do the car bits of the meeting may well have to stay at home and entertain Granny, Grandad and Great Auntie whatsername (the one they only ever see at Christmas).

Go to the BARC website for details of how to enter - SOON!

Sheila Marrison
Press Officer
BARC Midlands
Old 25 Nov 2004, 07:52 (Ref:1163501)   #2
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about opening the Caterham races to other kit car type machines to boost numbers?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1163684)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like Ginettas for example?

Last edited by Ian Sowman; 25 Nov 2004 at 11:26.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1163697)   #4
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
Like Ginettas for example?
No thank you, I will be sat at home with a hangover and feeling very fat and not sat at a cold and wet race circuit
Old 25 Nov 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1163722)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wasn't thinking of you but the previous poster!
Old 25 Nov 2004, 18:48 (Ref:1164194)   #6
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well,Ian..... I might be tempted if I can fit into it after Xmas lunch. Also, I'm looking for any excuse to avoid the relatives!
Old 27 Nov 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1165856)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's Boxing Day so chrimbo lunch should be done and dusted by then hopefully
Old 28 Nov 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1166201)   #8
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So will the MSA leave the breathalyzers at home too? I bet that's another thing that will reduce the turnout - the fear of the "Random Test" following Christmas Day celebrations!

If anything, I don't wish to muddy the waters, but competitors should be paid to turn out on Boxing Day, and the event publicised big time, make a celebrity day of it.
Or it could be done for Chaaarity mate! Right? Not 'arf! Say a couple of kids Christmas type charities, and the Motor Racing Safety Fund? - and then the competitors race for free. You'd be surprised how quick the grids would fill up. And how big the crowd would be!

And if you don't try - it will never happen. You don't have to abide by the Homer Simpson rule of "I tried, I failed, the moral is NEVER TRY".

Rob.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1169795)   #9
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your idea is a good one racing59, but would anyone want to put there foot into the water first?

Any way back to the topic of the post. How many cars have been sign up so far for the meeting?
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1170164)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

It says in the first post. Might know more after Anglesey this weekend, hopefully we'll be able to tempt a few out from that meeting!

racing59 - this meeting already has one of the biggest club racing crowds of the year.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1170651)   #11
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember as a child being intrigued from a distance by the Plum Pudding meeting.

From a distance!

In the New Year Autosport, it (along with Andros Ice Trophy and Paris-Dakar) was the only action taking place.

Lets hope it can thrive again.

Sad to hear of it struggling for entries.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 16:15 (Ref:1170712)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Sad to hear of it struggling for entries.
As far as I know it's only the car element of the meeting which is 'struggling for entries'; I don't think there's a problem with the bikes.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1170879)   #13
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
As far as I know it's only the car element of the meeting which is 'struggling for entries'; I don't think there's a problem with the bikes.
Once gain Dave, you are right. It is only the car element that's struggling. Come on boys and girls, BARC Midlands are doing a great job trying to organise this, don't let us down, undefined PLEASE!!!!
Old 4 Dec 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1170880)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Ah, that wasn't meant to happen! The "PLEASE" was supposed to be in orange! Oh well, I guess I'll get the hang of this eventually!
Old 5 Dec 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1171141)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we discussed this last year but if you made it a Formula Libre open wheeler race and an allcomers sports/saloon race (Treaded race tyres only) you'd appeal to a wider audience and the entries would be there by now.

The "charidee" thing is a good idea and again would attract the entries and spectators.

Anyway good luck.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1171641)   #16
Ian Sowman
Veteran

The single seater race is open, Peter - any single seater up to 2.5l. Interestingly, the comment has been made that more FF1600 people would do it if it WASN'T an open race.

Look like getting 18ish Caterhams, apparently. Last year we had 15 in the end with a promise of several more for this year! Having said that the BRSCC did get 32 Sports/Saloons in 2002.

Lastly, this meeting has one of the biggest crowds of any club race meeting in the UK.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1171689)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
The single seater race is open, Peter - any single seater up to 2.5l. Interestingly, the comment has been made that more FF1600 people would do it if it WASN'T an open race.

Look like getting 18ish Caterhams, apparently. Last year we had 15 in the end with a promise of several more for this year! Having said that the BRSCC did get 32 Sports/Saloons in 2002.

Lastly, this meeting has one of the biggest crowds of any club race meeting in the UK.
I don't doubt your points. However 15 with a promise of more and only 21 days (ish) to go isn't goos really is it?

I do wholeheartedy wish you well but limiting it to Caterhams and single seaters has lost you a complete market.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 22:37 (Ref:1171735)   #18
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Bear in mind that it was the Caterham Graduate Club that originally asked for races to be put on...
Old 10 Dec 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1176096)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Latest Caterham entries - see Club Level Single Seaters for the Single Seater entry!

CATERHAM MIDLANDS CHALLENGE
CLASS 1 GRADUATES AND ACADEMY CARS 1600cc

1 CHARLES ELLIOTT Weybridge
7 GRAEME SMITH Macclesfield
9 NICK BROOKS London
11 PAUL SWEENEY Mayfield
13 HUGO JONES Cheltenham
17 ROGER FORD Twickenham
19 ADRIAN WAGSTAFF Higham on the Hill
87 CHARLES BATEMAN Boston
88 CHRIS ROME Woking
99 PATRICK SCHARFEGGER Austria now Warrington
111 MARTIN OXBOROUGH Rugby
126 GRAHAM SMITH Burton on Trent

CLASS 2 SUPER-GRADUATE “B” AND ROADSPORTS “B” CARS 1600cc

3 DAVID PEARCE London
86 MARK GREGORY Warwick
93 TOBY BRIANT Thaxted

CLASS 3 SUPER-GRADUATE “A” CARS 1600cc

6 MICHAELE APOSTOLIDES London
18 JOHN PARKER Irthlingborough
23 GILES WARDLE Donington
37 MIKE WELLBURN Lichfield
47 NICK FROST Evesham
Old 20 Dec 2004, 16:05 (Ref:1184067)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Only 6 days to go...... PANIC!!!!
Old 20 Dec 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1184076)   #21
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
20 cars..that'll do nicely