Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 May 2005, 13:00 (Ref:1291055)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
LM 2005 - Tickets and accommodations

I know that you're numerous to have tickets or camping problems/questions each year...

This thread is dedicated to those questions :
- tickets
- camping
- hotels
- transportation
etc... everything beeing not linked with the race by itself.

I'm not sure we could solve any problem here, but at least you may have somewhere to post your questions.

If Gilles is around, it could certainly help...
Old 1 May 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1291101)   #2
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't received my tickets yet. I hope I will have them within a fortnight.
Old 1 May 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1291117)   #3
markyboy
Rookie

markyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The organisation of tickets for camping is at best poor-I now go to Just tickets although they are pricy.

I am camping at Beausejour this year-does anyone have any advice about this? We got some great tips 2 years ago for Expo-like take a drill for your tent pegs!!

Looking forward to the race.
Old 1 May 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1291152)   #4
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My return post to TT's! (Unexplained absence)
Left it late this year.
Got teh ferry and time off work booked, but that is as far as I have got.
Tried for hotels last week but all (as expected) booked up.
Now considering camping after a four year break (all though i did pitch as well last year!), so the question is where to get camping (parking) tickets and how much are they likely to set me back.
Hope you are all in good health and lookign forward to June.
Thanks
Pilgrimage.
Old 1 May 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1291169)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can give you a connection to someone in Britain who can sort you a B&B in Le Mans for about 130 euros per night -- or a name and address in Le Mans proper if you speak very good French. (Madame has no English at all.)

I'm looking for camping, too; the people I generally camp with told me two days ago they were going for sure, and then when I'd made a non-refundable, no change plane ticket purchase, they wrote this morning to say OOPS WE CHANGED OUR MIND AND WE'RE NOT GOING. If anybody's going down early I'd like to hear from them too.
Old 2 May 2005, 07:05 (Ref:1291355)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
My return post to TT's! (Unexplained absence)
Left it late this year.
Got teh ferry and time off work booked, but that is as far as I have got.
Tried for hotels last week but all (as expected) booked up.
Now considering camping after a four year break (all though i did pitch as well last year!), so the question is where to get camping (parking) tickets and how much are they likely to set me back.
Hope you are all in good health and lookign forward to June.
Thanks
Pilgrimage.
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans.../24HA05_GB.pdf

All the info you need should be on here.

I doubt any camping tickets are now left, but it is possible that Basejour is still available. You best bet is Bleu, there is a camping area within the car park. You do not book these just pay a supplement to the guy on the gate.

The site I understand does not have all showers or loos you find on a proper campsite, but just pretend its's before the 90's when all the sites where like that anyway.

Or you could pay over the odds on a well know auction site, but some bargins do crop up nearer the time, or have alook at http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php camping passes etc do come up there, and the site rules say face value only.

Good luck
Old 2 May 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1291405)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
If anybody's going down early I'd like to hear from them too.
Liz, I let you a pm about your trip...
Old 2 May 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1291420)   #8
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For any accomodation problem, the official Le Mans Hotel Reservation is 00 33 892 70 24 72 and you can still have good bargain on B&B, including B&Bs owned by people talking a few English or German. Please ask Virginie or Julie for a best service...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 2 May 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1291550)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Thanks for that, Gilles !
Old 3 May 2005, 06:44 (Ref:1291772)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Got my tickets on Friday - all 20 camping tickets and 30 grandstand / entry tickets
Old 3 May 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1291879)   #11
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can i purchase a parking only ticket on arrival ? I will arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday night, so don't need camping, as i always fall asleep at the side of the track. There are 2 of us, so if it rains, could sleep in the car. ( What do i mean, rain !!!! ) Thanks in advance for info.
Old 3 May 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1291918)   #12
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
Can i purchase a parking only ticket on arrival ? I will arrive Saturday morning and leave Sunday night, so don't need camping, as i always fall asleep at the side of the track. There are 2 of us, so if it rains, could sleep in the car. ( What do i mean, rain !!!! ) Thanks in advance for info.
Yes you can.

You can also ask for a lay-by ticket and put your tent up next to your car on parking Blue and Rouge (36 euros).
Old 3 May 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1291941)   #13
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that. What is the name of the office we go to, or do we buy them at car park entrance ?
Old 3 May 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1291963)   #14
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for that. What is the name of the office we go to, or do we buy them at car park entrance ?
You can buy them at the car park entrance.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1291980)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

By the way, its very important to take note that the ACO have banned any sleeping during the 24 hours this year. Anyone found in breach of this new regulation will not receive tickets for next year's race and will have to watch F1 for the rest of the season instead as a penance........
Old 3 May 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1292084)   #16
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that for the actual 24-hours race only or are you not allowed to sleep at all when being at Le Mans for a week?
Old 4 May 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1292687)   #17
leglessrockape
Rookie

leglessrockape should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
la mans

Does anyone no how to get tickets for la mans
Old 4 May 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1292689)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to ten-tenths. I will move this to the correct forum and leave a re-direct here.

Stephen.
Old 4 May 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1292782)   #19
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lots of info here: http://www.club-arnage.com

The short answer is that your only hope for (camping) tickets for the 2005 event is from the big agencies like Page&Moy, Just Tickets, Airtrack etc.

Car park and admission tickets can be bought 'on the door' at the circuit.

Official price list (to compare with Agency Top Dollar prices) at http://www.lemans.org
Old 4 May 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1292834)   #20
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
You should find this thread in the Sportscar forum of use not just for tickets but for all Le Mans 24 related enquiries.
Old 4 May 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1293104)   #21
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe, my brother said he wasn't going to bother sleeping again this year, and I said that 5 days might be pushing it a bit

Got all my camping/race tickets the other day, was most pleased, as I had almost forgotten. I wondered what the postman wanted my signature for
Old 4 May 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1293192)   #22
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Hehe, my brother said he wasn't going to bother sleeping again this year, and I said that 5 days might be pushing it a bit

Got all my camping/race tickets the other day, was most pleased, as I had almost forgotten. I wondered what the postman wanted my signature for
So we cant sleep? at all? mmmm im sure the local coffe shop is very happy

Havent had anything from ACO yet, but im praying every night
Old 5 May 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1293375)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
It's seriously closing now, he ?

Remember that we'll have FIFTEEN days this year, instead of a sole week...
Old 5 May 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1293595)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I appear to have a ride from England to Le Mans sorted out, and I'm 60% to getting a ride back; Fab, I have printed out the information on the train that you kindly provided, so if necessary I can take the train back to get my flight out of Heathrow. I'm still looking for a camping pass because a friend with a car is coming down later and would like to park at the site. But will park and walk in to join me if that's the best we can do. I'm told that as time goes on, perhaps a ticket will come up at a price real people can afford. (I have suggested that the guy who stiffed me might want to provide me with one of his camping tickets as an apology, but I'm sure he's got them listed on eBay for five times what he paid for them.)

Next year I will make all my own arrangements and avoid the heartburn.
Old 6 May 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1294311)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Club Arnage is your best bet for camping tickets but there are not many around. If you have a lot of money, eBay has them too. If this is your first trip I'd go with Airtrack or Page & Moy so you could figure out what you want to do next year and get a jump on it early.

Good luck and see you there!