Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jun 2005, 10:40 (Ref:1341845)   #1
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Belcar/Britcar Brands Hatch

Was anyone else at Brands Hatch last weekend for the Belcar/Britcar meeting? - A great day of action and plenty of Variety!

If you did not make it, the Belcar race was excellent, and it was great seeing some cars over here which we would not usually see, like the Audi TT in the top class for example! Or the mighty PSI Porsches which usually only appear in the Belcar Championship. It was one of the PSI cars that won in the end, the Red Bull sponsored car, lovely livery by the way…

The Britcar race was quite exciting too, although the safety car came out a number of times. This was the first ever Britcar meeting I have been to, and I was very impressed with the different amount of cars running in the Championship. I will certainly watch them again next chance I get.

I have also uploaded some images onto my website from the meeting. I have split the Galleries so it's not too confusing! Enjoy

Belcar: http://jamies-motorsport-photos.foto...t/c595719.html
Britcar: http://jamies-motorsport-photos.foto...t/c595708.html

If you were not at this event – you missed out

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1341866)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Pop over to the Marshals Forum as there is quite a long thread on the meeting already
Old 30 Jun 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1344295)   #3
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our Belcar pics from Brands are (finally) online here.

Our server had a major catastrophic failure yesterday for about 12 hours. Apologies if anyone was using the MSportUK affiliate style and had problems. All fixed now tho!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 00:49 (Ref:1344362)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wanted to go, already had commitments at another circuit however. Shame that they were the same weekend really, as there was some excellent racing at Mallory, but I would've liked to see the Belcar series again. Saw it at Spa, but we missed the qualifying as we decided to go for lunch during the massive rainstorm, and then missed most of the race. Next time...
Old 2 Jul 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1345572)   #5
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also went. Saw some good racing. It was also my first time at Brands. Had a very good time. It really is a great track, especially when they use the full track.

Belcar really put up a show, a shame though the Corvette had to retire so close to the end.

I also liked Britcar, first time I saw it. I do have a question though about the Falcon. After one lap it was already something like 4 seconds up on the rest of the field. Isn't that car a bit overpowered for Britcar? I thought it would be restricted to give the rest of the field a chance ...
Old 2 Jul 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1345573)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is some talk that James Tucker and EERC will launch another new series just for V8 cars in 2006.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1347008)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8? That likely to include any GT2's, or possibly even some very restricted GT1 cars? A V8-engined series sounds a bit big for a club championship...? Considering a number of tight circuits in the country, and the general theme of V8's being pretty bulky...
Old 5 Jul 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1347822)   #8
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well TheNewBob...do you think James's ambitions are limited to running a club series ?

Archibold
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1348159)   #9
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm... OK I'll give you that one lol
Old 9 Jul 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1351121)   #10
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't be surprised if James does not give up until Britcar, looks a lot like Belcar...
Old 10 Jul 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1352039)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
See they're having a couple of problems deciding if the GT2 Cadena Mosler should be able to participate without heavy restrictions... personally, at Silverstone, I thought that was the least impressive car of the whole day. Although to be fair it was their first race with it. Still, it's very much confirming that the series isn't going to let proper GT2 machinery in yet - so it won't start looking like Belcar for a little while to come...
Old 11 Jul 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1352547)   #12
Svierge
Racer

Finland
Bucks/UK
Svierge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Strange that they'll let a Aussie V8 Touring Car in, which must have 550-600bhp, a DTM Astra (450bhp, but huge downforce and a purpose-built racecar) and a GT3-RS 996 (the Mike Youles one), but they're umming and erring over a 450bhp Mosler.

The Mosler should race as it is in BGT and be in the same class as the Falcon. At the Bathurst 24hr the Mosler had to fight with the 7-litre Monaros (and couldn't live with them on pace), so it's a similar situation.
Old 11 Jul 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1352959)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
All the more reason to keep BGT. The first of, I'm sure, many examples of people with a perfectly healthy GT2 car in the UK who need a place to race it. It's obviously not Britcar, because a fuss has been created. What other options do they have other than racing abroad...?