Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Oct 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1444429)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Citroen set for 2007 Rally Return

According to BBC Sport Online Citroen will return the World Rally Championship in 2007 with a full works effort, next year Seb Loeb will drive a private car. More at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ly/4380086.stm

I for one am not suprised at this news.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1444791)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That rumour has been around for a while now hasn't it? Good news though as the WRC really does need plenty of top line cars. I'd imagine Loeb will still be competitive in a private Xsara next year so he'll be more than happy to wait for the new car to appear.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 07:42 (Ref:1444794)   #3
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I for one am not suprised at this news.
Me neither, I'm glad it has finally been confirmed though!
Old 27 Oct 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1444800)   #4
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why did they decide to leave and then do a backflip and decide to come back ?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1444880)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Why did they decide to leave and then do a backflip and decide to come back ?
Problems with the citroen range started to cost the company alot of money; the range has picked up and their sales are increasing with the revision of the c3 and the problems fixed with the c2 the company finances are looking alot healthyer.

Or so the grapevine says

/me wonders why my post count goes down

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 27 Oct 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1444973)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think the main reason to be honest is that Peugeot and Citroen were competing for the same prize and are in effect the same company, they share a hell of a lot of components on the road cars and it seems senseless to be competing against each other.
There is no way they would have built the prototype C4 unless they were gonna rally it either.
Peugeot are off to try and win Le Mans I think, so the situation has resolved itself quite nicely.
My only issue is why now! And why the fairly obvious false reasons! They have been competing against each other for the last three years!
Only bad point is that Loeb will just keep on winning, I havent anything against the guy but he is more dominant now that Marcus ever was and maybe even more than Miki in teh Lancia days, at least then you had a bit of a battle on asphalt!
think Seb will still win next year even in a private car, its not like Citroen are not gonna develop the thing