Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Closed Thread

Old 8 Dec 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1479498)   #26
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sadly i get the feeling that this isn't being driven for the love of the sport, the spectators or even the competitors but by fianances

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1479499)   #27
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59

. Disband the BRSCC!!

Rob
are they not managing to do that all on there own?

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 8 Dec 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1479521)   #28
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are trying!!

I looked at doing some Eurosaloons races this year, but decided against it. It's a VFM thing. At present, through the hard work behind the scenes, TRC is probably the best value for money club level racing their is (I don't call Britcar club level - or British GT's even if Autosport do!) in terms of track time per pound.

I bet Castle Combe's championships will be tough competition next year too!

Rob.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1479531)   #29
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to post about the Aussie production cars, but then thought no, that type of car fits in with Britcar, so it doesn't need another series.

Right then, time to trim down championships.

All saloon cars that want to race for more than 20minutes - please enter Britcar
Everyone else - it's Track & Race Cars south of Watford Gap, DDMC Sports & Saloon in the North East, K&N Filters Sports & Saloons in the Midlands/North West, Castle Combe in the south west.

Anyone wishing to do the majority of the country, Mod Prods. All other saloon car championships - disbanded. Including the British Toy Crashing Championship.

Next.

Single Seaters.

All championships abolished. Replaced with Formula Libre. If it has wheels and an engine, bring it along.

That leaves GT's. Any suggestions? Make them all run at Castle Combe?

Now wouldn't that be simple?
Old 8 Dec 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1479576)   #30
retro_msport
Racer

England
Harlow
retro_msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just had visions of a F Ford drivers eyes in his helmet as he dives between 2 SCSA cars diving into paddock hill ... something like this
Old 8 Dec 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1479721)   #31
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds pretty good, Mr 59. The only amendment I'd make is to split the single seaters into two series. One for cars which can overtake and another for those who can't.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1479856)   #32
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do the classics / historics go to play?

Radicals, Caterhams? Or are they just for trackdays?

At the last count my car was eligible for 8 series (off the top of my head). It's nice to have some choice, but that's a lot of series that must be pretty similar.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1480051)   #33
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Other words, we need to go to a regional type structure (which if you look at the series with lots of cars/drivers in we have already.....) with a few series, with say the same classs structure so people are legal for everything that run through out the country. Just copy the rules of some thing like the TRC rules and have each region copy them.

As for Radical type cars, they can have there own sports car type championship like the 750mc Bikesports, which is multi class, etc.

The single seaters already have there own championship with class structures and thats the Monoposto series. Copy that class structure for the regions with the mono series the full national based one.

Finally have an end of season race off for a prize or some thing at say Donington/SIlverstone which are in the centre of the uk for all cars/drivers to race at

In other words follow the example of America with the SCCA (I think) rules and regs format.
Old 8 Dec 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1480100)   #34
retro_msport
Racer

England
Harlow
retro_msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Simpson
In Other words, we need to go to a regional type structure (which if you look at the series with lots of cars/drivers in we have already.....) with a few series, with say the same classs structure so people are legal for everything that run through out the country. Just copy the rules of some thing like the TRC rules and have each region copy them.
Finally have an end of season race off for a prize or some thing at say Donington/SIlverstone which are in the centre of the uk for all cars/drivers to race at

I like that.... the top 5 in each class do a final 2 races at at 2 tracks, and to add a touch of the unknown a further point from each competitor awarded to the driver who they think has shown the best "spirit of racing" in a ballot type way, sealed envolope handed/delivered to each of the regions co-ordinators in the period between the last regional race and the start of the Race Offs.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1480249)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
OOPs, I just read the proposals carefully on the BARC track and have withdrawn my entry:-). I thought the list of cars was just a suggestion I did not realise the capacity limit was capped at 2500cc, definitely not for me I have too much weight (me) to lug about!
Old 9 Dec 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1480275)   #36
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by teej
Where do the classics / historics go to play?

Radicals, Caterhams? Or are they just for trackdays?

At the last count my car was eligible for 8 series (off the top of my head). It's nice to have some choice, but that's a lot of series that must be pretty similar.
Classics and Historics are not really the problem. They are well organised. It's the "current" type racers that are the problem.

Radicals and Caterhams - Sports/GT's - or they go in the Sports/Saloons with the Special saloons etc...

But having 8 championships where one car fits is not good news for those 8 championships - which is why we have the thin grids, and little or no real racing in many of those series.

I like the comment about splitting single seaters into "overtaking" and "non-overtaking".

Just to spice it up, you put a couple of "overtaking" cars into the "non-overtaking" race starting at a low grid position, offering prizes for the most cars passed. It might also keep the crowd slightly interested....

Rob.
Old 9 Dec 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1480278)   #37
R59
Veteran

Bedfordshire
Oh yes, and NO championships. Run it like the short ovals with qualifiers/semi's/finals....

Then people who don't want to do every race still have a chance at going for the big pot at the end of the year, or better still, in the middle of the year. Start the "season" in September, finish it in late July or early August.

How's that?

Rob.