Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4113439)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Chef LM24 '22 Raceweek Thread

Festivities starts tomorrow with day one of practice and qualifying.

Weather

Spotter's Guide

Timing & Scoring

Track Map

Timing Extension for Chrome from Timing71

RLM Studio Cam

10-10ths discussion and help
How to watch and discussion on the coverage
Discussion on the best way to get live timing
BoP - how’s it going
FCY and SC procedure chat

Last edited by joeb; 9 Jun 2022 at 16:34. Reason: Joe’s and I have added some links. Thanks for starting the thread.
Old 7 Jun 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4113441)   #2
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Timetable of events:
Attached Thumbnails
FUElrWXXoAQxuhP.jpg  
Old 8 Jun 2022, 07:53 (Ref:4113490)   #3
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone understand how tire allocation works for the LM24?
I can see that each car has 14 sets available in the Hypercar category. However, do they need to pick in advance how many of each type (Soft Cold, Soft Hot, or Medium) they will have available for the race? Or do they have enough sets of each to pick whichever they want during the race as long as they do not use more than 14 sets?
Attached Thumbnails
Hypercars.PNG  
Old 8 Jun 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4113494)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I am sat here in my home office working away with Radio Le Mans playing on Alexa. Starting to get a little bit excited now.

Hopefully we will get a couple of good session's today.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4113511)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Well I am sat here in my home office working away with Radio Le Mans playing on Alexa. Starting to get a little bit excited now.

Hopefully we will get a couple of good session's today.
Woke up and turned it on this morning here, it feels real now!
Old 8 Jun 2022, 11:42 (Ref:4113513)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm about to tune in to my Motortrend App for P1!!
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:00 (Ref:4113514)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RLM on the phone. Ready to listen to on way to work and at work.

Looks a little non sunny for the start.

RLM mentioned at GT Pro having an engine change and will miss the first hour. I missed which one as bowls were clattered together for breakfast.

Edit. It’s the #51 Ferrari.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:03 (Ref:4113515)   #8
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Any better timing than the official page?
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:13 (Ref:4113519)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
If anybody has one I will add it to the opening post.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4113524)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
RLM on the phone. Ready to listen to on way to work and at work.

Looks a little non sunny for the start.

RLM mentioned at GT Pro having an engine change and will miss the first hour. I missed which one as bowls were clattered together for breakfast.

Edit. It’s the #51 Ferrari.
I thought I also head that 4 letter word?

I walked to the living room for work. Motortrend app and RLM timed up now. Settling in here for the rest of the week!!
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4113525)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
If anybody has one I will add it to the opening post.
Quote:
The one from the official page is stuck on last year's results. This is the best I've found thus far:

https://live.fiawec.com/en/live
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:30 (Ref:4113526)   #12
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Official timing acting really funky right now; keeps refreshing or going blank
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4113527)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Glick 709 first under 3:30 today
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4113529)   #14
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Crazy to think the Toyota from not too long ago was doing 15 seconds quicker laps
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4113531)   #15
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of our group has had to drop out due to a positive Covid test - so we have an ACO (T18) grandstand seat going spare if anyone wants it (€50 or near offer).
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4113532)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Crazy to think the Toyota from not too long ago was doing 15 seconds quicker laps
Indeed
Quote:
Official timing acting really funky right now; keeps refreshing or going blank
And indeed. Maybe there's way too much going on with it to keep up? I like the car silhouette but it seems to have too many features for timing for my liking
Old 8 Jun 2022, 12:59 (Ref:4113535)   #17
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I thought I also head that 4 letter word?
The brainchild of the event ingrained the idea that a brainstorming would indicate the days of chamfrains seen in racing were over.

Having trained for this new event, the brains decided that refrain was the way forward before migraines kicked in.

Hoping to not be birdbrains, or to constrain themselves, they checked drivetrains, polished their woodgrain trims and cleaned their drainage channels.

They prepared with multigrain cereal, wore visors to prevent eyestrain, surveyed the terrain, hoped to not be lamebrains and began their race.

They whizzed past grainfields, whilst muscle strains and sprains developed and the spectacle of harebrained overtake attempts was observed.

But once the race was done - the much-feared 4-letter word was nowhere to be seen......
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4113539)   #18
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
In the year of our lord 2022, how come live timing still seems like a black art that nobody (bar Timing71) can get right? It should be the simplest and easiest thing to accomplish and get right. Rank, driver, car, car number, laps, last lap time, best lap time, # of pit stops - done. That's literally all you need to show on a screen - no fancy graphics needed.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:35 (Ref:4113540)   #19
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say the times don't appear to be falling, they seem to be same as test day.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:37 (Ref:4113541)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there was a spot of the four letter word just before 2, but it passed very quickly unlike the nightly big rain we’ve had almost every night for a week.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4113542)   #21
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
In the year of our lord 2022, how come live timing still seems like a black art that nobody (bar Timing71) can get right? It should be the simplest and easiest thing to accomplish and get right. Rank, driver, car, car number, laps, last lap time, best lap time, # of pit stops - done. That's literally all you need to show on a screen - no fancy graphics needed.
The official FIA timing has all that and more! with options to include or exclude specific items.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:40 (Ref:4113543)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I have to say the times don't appear to be falling, they seem to be same as test day.
I think by the end of qualifying today the LMP2 and GT cars will be showing a bit more. Maybe not Hypercars though because they will all make the hyperpole?
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4113544)   #23
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The official FIA timing has all that and more! with options to include or exclude specific items.
I guess what I forgot to add was all that, but in a simple, working format, which is the current FIA live timing isn't really. Remove the white space, remove the car graphics, and make it work 100% of the time, like Timing71
Old 8 Jun 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4113547)   #24
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Wonder why they're not bothering for anything quicker than 3:29's, when we know they can get down into the low 3:20's
Old 8 Jun 2022, 14:02 (Ref:4113550)   #25
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
And are they switching to GT3 cars for next year? Or is that change for 2024?