Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2584942)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Team bosses vote on 09 DOTY

Vettel gets voted DOTY by team bosses.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80222

Do we agree?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2584945)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You do wonder at the criteria used. Would you say that Rubens was better than Mark? Or that Mark and Kimi were equal? I wouldn't.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2584965)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Nobody is ever going to agree 100% but I'd say my top 3 would be the same, just not in the same order.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2584977)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Interestingly, Rosberg isn't even in their top ten, nor Heidfeld for that matter. And these are the guys that Mercedes are now pinning their hopes on?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2585018)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's probably worth doing a quick cut and paste, just so people can see what we are talking about.
Code:
 1. Sebastian Vettel       76
 2. Jenson Button          67
 3. Lewis Hamilton         65
 4. Fernando Alonso        39
 5. Rubens Barrichello     35
 6= Kimi Raikkonen         30
 6= Mark Webber            30
 8. Felipe Massa           19
 9. Robert Kubica          10
10. Adrian Sutil           8
It's an interesting thought that if Mercedes do end up with Rosberg and Heidfeld, neither of them features in that list.

I would have put Britney in there somewhere and left out Sutil.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2585022)   #6
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have put Sutil Higher.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:04 (Ref:2585031)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Maybe we should just try and fathom why the team bosses came to their conclusion.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2585032)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It's probably worth doing a quick cut and paste, just so people can see what we are talking about.
Thanks.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2585035)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am sure Jenson is going to be destroyed. Surely even that WDC trophy he will be receiving won't soften the blow.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2585040)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
I am sure Jenson is going to be destroyed. Surely even that WDC trophy he will be receiving won't soften the blow.
Isn't there another thread about Lewis destroying Jenson?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2585067)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It's an interesting thought that if Mercedes do end up with Rosberg and Heidfeld, neither of them features in that list.
Odd. Kubica appears in the top ten yet Heidfeld had the better year and is absent.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2585077)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Odd. Kubica appears in the top ten yet Heidfeld had the better year and is absent.
He was only perceived by some to have had the better year.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2585162)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say, from what I saw, Heidfeld seemed to perform a shade better. At best Kubica underwhelmed.

My top three would be Vettel in third, and Hamilton shading Button to DOTY.

I feel Lewis coped well this year when people expected a complete collapse just because he had a bad car. And his wins were top notch. And Button, for me, drove better than Vettel more than the other way round. Sebastien made a series of poor errors and should have been a lot closer in the points to Button and much further ahead of his teammate.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 19:01 (Ref:2585266)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
For sure, Seb made a few error's, not sure i'd call it a "series", but then, even the great Lewis showed how to bin it on the last lap

Seb's error's cost him, but then so did Renault! I'd say that had Seb had the Brawn car this year i don't think that Jenson would be WDC (not that i'm not glad he's WDC because i am!).
Old 19 Nov 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2585268)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The other interesting thing is that Alonso, although fourth in their list, scored well below the top three. Just how good was Alonso thought to be by some of the team principles?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2585301)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
For sure, Seb made a few error's, not sure i'd call it a "series", but then, even the great Lewis showed how to bin it on the last lap
Yes, but then he wasn't fighting for a title, just going for it every lap.

Not so sure that Seb would be champ in the Brawn. He had an excellent car for about a similar portion of the year as Jenson had.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2585309)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Yes, but then he wasn't fighting for a title, just going for it every lap.
Agreed. It's one thing to be attacking in hope of winning. Quite another to be defending in fear of losing.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2585428)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This is not strictly speaking the right place, but the topic is the same. In this week's Autosport magazine Mark Hughes has listed his Top Ten drivers, as follows:

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Jenson Button
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Mark Webber
5. Robert Kubica
6. Fernando Alonso
7. Felipe Massa
8. Kimi Raikkonen
9. Rubens Barrichello
10. Nico Rosberg

It is different in many respects to the earlier list on here and rather more provocative, I feel. I can see people agreeing with the top four, but not necessarily the rest Why Barrichello only in 9th and why Kubica in 5th but no Heidfeld when Nick outscored him in the same team? Curious.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2585432)   #19
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica is there because Mark Hughes still thinks he's the second coming, or something. Remember, he had him at no.1 last year! Good grief.

My own list would probably be something like this:
1. Rosberg
2. Button
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel
5. Webber
6. Barrichello
7. Räikkönen
8. Alonso
9. Heidfeld
10. Kobayashi (Yeah, I know)
Old 20 Nov 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2585453)   #20
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Autosport were to follow their own ratings through the year

1) Button
2) Hamilton
3) Webber
4) Alonso
5) Massa
6) Vettel
7) Rosberg
8) Barrichello
9) Glock
10) Raikkonen
Old 20 Nov 2009, 00:55 (Ref:2585480)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I got this poll from the local hairdressers.

1. Rosberg
2. Rosberg
3. Rosberg
4. Rosberg
5. Rosberg
6. Rosberg
7. Rosberg
8. Rosberg
9. Rosberg
10.Rosberg

I guess my point with that is that it all depends on who you ask.

Last edited by Marbot; 20 Nov 2009 at 01:07.