Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4054497)   #2776
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Under normal circumstances all my LM stuff is waiting to be packed in the car and for the first time in years my concerns for the weather would be nothing to bother about, because next weeks weather in LM is absolutely perfect.
Pfffffffffff.
Old 3 Jun 2021, 20:12 (Ref:4054506)   #2777
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Under normal circumstances all my LM stuff is waiting to be packed in the car and for the first time in years my concerns for the weather would be nothing to bother about, because next weeks weather in LM is absolutely perfect.
Pfffffffffff.

Yep, it's funny you say that as I've been in that LM 'mood' myself for the last couple of days. Thinking about getting ready to go at the weekend. I've been updating a couple of my old 'stories' on my website and it kind of gets you thinking about what you'd really like to be doing....
Old 8 Jun 2021, 07:56 (Ref:4055259)   #2778
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else going to be at Thruxton on Saturday?

Sean
Old 8 Jun 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4055269)   #2779
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I shall be there, and also Sunday.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4055286)   #2780
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are there Sunday although may hang around the paddock on Saturday.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4055336)   #2781
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There both days; camera in hand and with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4056494)   #2782
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
ACO sent me a mail regarding my membership renewal. Will renew, although not much profit has been had this year being a member. But I did ask them where my 2020 membership gadget package is. Still not received any. Did you guys receive one, or not?
Old 15 Jun 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4056495)   #2783
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 10:50 (Ref:4056498)   #2784
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
no had nothing for the 2020 year, but like Vince i got an email telling me my membership runs out at the end of the month, so it is strongly likely that my last two years membership have been a bit of a waste of money.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 12:35 (Ref:4056518)   #2785
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
ACO sent me a mail regarding my membership renewal. Will renew, although not much profit has been had this year being a member. But I did ask them where my 2020 membership gadget package is. Still not received any. Did you guys receive one, or not?
No.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4056560)   #2786
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt ACO will make our membership from last year worthwhile, have to renew in juli.
Old 15 Jun 2021, 19:13 (Ref:4056573)   #2787
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep they are asking me to pay again so next year if i pay again and get to go it will be 3 years aco membership for discount on one years entry.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4062632)   #2788
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I asked Catherine from the Tourist Office when she will transfer my refund, and she replied that she had not received it yet from the ACO. Seems like ACO is hoarding income from this year to fill the financial hole from last year. Ponzi alert! All kidding aside, this is not good.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4062634)   #2789
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's not good for you, but being realistic, it's a bit like everybody expecting to get a cash refund from their airlines at once - no business has that big a percentage of their income available as cash on hand. an event like le mans 24 that relies on early spectator pre-sales to pay for the next year's suppliers, insurances and so on is going to be working on a minimal amount of available cash.

i suspect that's the real reason for a lot of attractions and distractions not being available - with a reduced spectator number and increased checks and facilities like testing they just don't have the money to put on any form of big attractions. particularly after the closed doors event last year.

here's hoping they send you your money soon.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4062635)   #2790
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
The "this is not good" part alluded to the fact that the ACO is in dire straits. I already spent that money in november 2019, so the only problem I have is that I didn't get to attend last year's race. Financially I can cope. I just hope the ACO will too!
Old 29 Jul 2021, 18:06 (Ref:4063818)   #2791
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
On the plus side you be camping with 60 years plus of le mans experience and my breakfasts are traditional british until the bacon runs out that is. On the down side Vince hates warm beer so you have to make do with cold ones. Or drink warm red wine with me.
No electrcity on the campsites. So to keep beers fresh could be a challenge!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 29 Jul 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4063862)   #2792
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I'll manage
Old 30 Jul 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4063981)   #2793
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a new Aldi store by Decathlon now? Was that there before? And also a new alcohol (off-license) store nearby? I think I read that on another forum.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4064111)   #2794
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
There is a new supermarket Auchan in the Family Village on the Hunaudieres straight, don't know about an Aldi

(Moved from Vince's ticket thread which is for ticket sales only).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 31 Jul 2021 at 09:54.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4065045)   #2795
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Thoughts on the new entrance?
https://www.facebook.com/28678296472...bstory_index=0
Old 3 Aug 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4065057)   #2796
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Nice and bright but a little over the top IMHO
Old 3 Aug 2021, 09:41 (Ref:4065060)   #2797
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame the new corporate colours are red and blue not the traditional blue and yellow.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4065098)   #2798
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As long as they let us in I don't mind what colour it is
Old 4 Aug 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4065348)   #2799
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Cause this year is different I have parking rouge. In a normal year my car is safe on the campsite, this year however, I don't know if I should bring my '95 GT2 winner or simply take my daily driver. Question is: anyone used this parking before, how safe is it, would you park your previous car there?
Old 4 Aug 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4065350)   #2800
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i thought you were leaving the nsx at home this year? Due to taking the other half