Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Oct 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3321545)   #526
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Jay Kay was there at the expense of Audi - not the ACO - I still have the 'Audi 24 Jam' T shirt to prove it.

The concert was also held inside the track near the karting track - not where it is today.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3321546)   #527
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I doubt anyone would give him a second look these days.

I've not been really keeping track of live performers down the years but does anyone get the impression the 'entertainment' budget of the ACO has been slashed?

Or do they realise (rightly) that it can be spent better in other areas.
Maybe - but I also get the impression that the concert is there to draw young people in from the local area and so it is based on bands that are popular to the young French crowd.

As is clear from this thread international visitors are there for the race and will only attend the concert is it is of interest - it has no effect on the money that they spend whereas it could cause locals to buy tickets and spend money when they otherwise may stay at home
Old 22 Oct 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3321575)   #528
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed. 'Pony Pony Run Run' doesn't tick any box with me, but apparently they are quite big with the french youngsters. If this is a way to attract more people to carracing, we should not complain!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 14:38 (Ref:3321658)   #529
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That all sounds fair enough to me. More people through the gate is good for the health of the race.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3321664)   #530
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Indeed. 'Pony Pony Run Run' doesn't tick any box with me, but apparently they are quite big with the french youngsters. If this is a way to attract more people to carracing, we should not complain!
Okay, it's your fault... I've just listened to some "Pony Pony Run Run" on Spotify, and having decided it was, well, pony, moved on to "Dallas Frasca" whose name I remember from last year, and they're no better.

Obviously I'm all in favour of attracting French youth (which given the crowds around the bands on Saturday night is clearly relatively successful) but equally pretty sure I'm not in a hurry to listen to these guys again...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3321667)   #531
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few bands I really like and would pay loads of money to see are big with the "French youth" as you call them, but Razorlight seem to be the only ones they've gone for so far. A lot of these bands are only known in France for a reason...

But anything that brings young people through is good. It was quite noticeable this year the lack of people who were my age. We need a new generation to come through.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3322204)   #532
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're here already.

Aren't we Simon?

The new generation!

You're as old as the person you feel........
Old 24 Oct 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3322475)   #533
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Will someone please explain to me what you're all talking about?
Old 24 Oct 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3322657)   #534
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
There is a random, 2-second, mirrored and black-and-white shot of a couple of Ford GT40s in the wet at Le Mans... IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EPISODE OF MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS!
Old 24 Oct 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3322660)   #535
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
does that mean i need to watch every episode of MPFC or do we get a clue as to which series/episode
Old 24 Oct 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3322662)   #536
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
First series, episode 4, about 3 minutes after the Self-Defense Against Fresh Fruit sketch ends.
Old 24 Oct 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3322732)   #537
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool!
But can't find it in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hyFXIoqjCc
At 6:30
Old 25 Oct 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3322842)   #538
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Cool!
But can't find it in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hyFXIoqjCc
At 6:30
It's right at the start of this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3W8oL7eyRo
Old 25 Oct 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3322848)   #539
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks
Old 25 Oct 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3322855)   #540
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well that was a quick flash of le mans but the python scetch was very funny
Old 25 Oct 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3322859)   #541
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well that was a quick flash of le mans but the python scetch was very funny
Extraordinarily entertaining, perhaps mostly because they get the address of the British Dental Association correct.
Old 25 Oct 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3322872)   #542
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I hate to think how you would know that
Old 31 Oct 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3325557)   #543
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
As the 'Le Mans 2014 - Who's going' thread wandered slightly off topic, I thought it might be a good idea to continue the squirrel/brewdog discussion over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Brewdog have bars across the country now, brilliant beers.
I'm going to visit the Snooker Master's at Alexandra Palace in Januari, and as there are 3 brewdog bars in London, I might give one of them a visit!
Old 31 Oct 2013, 23:08 (Ref:3325677)   #544
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
As the 'Le Mans 2014 - Who's going' thread wandered slightly off topic, I thought it might be a good idea to continue the squirrel/brewdog discussion over here.

I'm going to visit the Snooker Master's at Alexandra Palace in Januari, and as there are 3 brewdog bars in London, I might give one of them a visit!
Plenty of fantastic places to drink beer in London these days, Brewdog establishments included. Sure plenty of us London / SE based people on the forum will be delighted to give you some pointers as to where to try.
Old 1 Nov 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3325836)   #545
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Thx! When closer to the date, I'll come back on that and ask for some tips!
Old 11 Nov 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3329819)   #546
James_N
Rookie

James_N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thx! When closer to the date, I'll come back on that and ask for some tips!
Glad your getting some tips here, because I have no clue where we are going to eat / drink in London!
Old 11 Nov 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3329874)   #547
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you need tips of where to drink in the financial centre (the city or canary wharfe) i have 33 years of beer testing to call on even if i am no longer working there. Have fun Vince and remember that real beer should be drunk at room temperature, should be hand pumped or gravity feed straight from the barrel and is not called lager. and if you find yourself in Kent let me know.
Old 11 Nov 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3329876)   #548
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_N View Post
Glad your getting some tips here, because I have no clue where we are going to eat / drink in London!
Welcome to ten tenths James, hope you get your TR tickets sorted, if not just squat on one of Vince's spaces
Old 11 Nov 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3329893)   #549
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_N View Post
Look who we have here! Mr. Lurker! Welcome to the best motorsport forum around!
Old 11 Nov 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3330168)   #550
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome James. Lest you should be confused, we do occasionally discuss other things here apart from beer and cheese....... (Emphasis on the 'occasionally')....