Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jul 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3558420)   #1526
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That does show just how close it was to the mulsanne, good job b y the emergency services
Old 15 Jul 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3558839)   #1527
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not far at all.
Old 16 Jul 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3559059)   #1528
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was just thinking: Am I the only one who thinks the big weel was on a very odd location. (or did I miss a thread post?)
Old 16 Jul 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3559065)   #1529
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Was just thinking: Am I the only one who thinks the big weel was on a very odd location. (or did I miss a thread post?)
Moved because of the new Porsche building.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3559170)   #1530
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Moved because of the new Porsche building.
That I know, why nit put it closer to the grandstand area. In my opinion it is to far away.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3560108)   #1531
BTCC 318d
Rookie

BTCC 318d has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I agree that moving the funfair sucked. Used to be much more part of it, between the straight viewing bit and mb made everything one long bit of goodness.

Down by KN just seemed to be too far away from the thick of it, and the sideshow bits looked to be suffering as a result..
Old 25 Jul 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3561037)   #1532
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
That I know, why nit put it closer to the grandstand area. In my opinion it is to far away.

I agree
IMO, they should move it near the Dunlop curve,

Old 25 Jul 2015, 22:54 (Ref:3561054)   #1533
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My thoughts of having moved the funfair before the race got confirmed.
The new location at the exit of the Porsche Curves at the karting pits will over the years draw more people in that direction, thinning out the GS area and Tertre Rouge.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3561731)   #1534
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it should be the other way round - have the funfair near the circuit at Dunlop, and move the concert to Porsche Curves.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3561740)   #1535
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think it should be the other way round - have the funfair near the circuit at Dunlop, and move the concert to Porsche Curves.
It is supposed to gather people down at Karting pits, not scare them away
Old 27 Jul 2015, 17:15 (Ref:3561744)   #1536
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It is supposed to gather people down at Karting pits, not scare them away
In that case, move the concert even further down and put it in Beausejour.
Old 27 Jul 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3561789)   #1537
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The concert venue is there for ease of access for those who only want the concert, Happy for the funfair to be as far away from our camp site makes it much quieter for us
Old 29 Jul 2015, 16:43 (Ref:3562200)   #1538
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that Erta is long gone, Simon just isn't interested in the funfair........
Old 29 Jul 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3562201)   #1539
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I presume everyone's booked for Silverstone next year?
Old 30 Jul 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3562413)   #1540
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep

As it was my first time at Le Mans I'm not if this happens every year, but I thought it was clever that after the race someone had put flyers on the British reg cars in the campsites advertising the Silverstone race.Hopefully it will attract a bigger crowd as Silverstone looks empty if it is less than half full.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 10:41 (Ref:3562425)   #1541
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I presume everyone's booked for Silverstone next year?
What is the date? I have not seen it yet.
Old 30 Jul 2015, 14:54 (Ref:3562496)   #1542
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
What is the date? I have not seen it yet.
It is only provisional but currently the Silverstone website says 15-17th April
Old 30 Jul 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3562553)   #1543
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've got tickets and accommodation booked.....
Old 31 Jul 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3562742)   #1544
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably a bit early for starting a thread for the 2016 le mans classic, so I'll just leave this here - one of the grids will be Group C

http://www.lemansclassic.com/en/actu...join+forces%21
Old 31 Jul 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3562745)   #1545
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
will group c be a support race at the LM 24 hours next year or not then?
Old 31 Jul 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3562833)   #1546
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
will group c be a support race at the LM 24 hours next year or not then?
Yes they will because for some reason ACO cannot choose any other period anymore than the biannual alternation between C and 1949-65(-68)
Old 31 Jul 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3562873)   #1547
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes they will because for some reason ACO cannot choose any other period anymore than the biannual alternation between C and 1949-65(-68)
Suits me! Been a dream of mine since I was a kid to see group c at Le Mans! Not that I don't like any other period, especially the 60s/70s but I grew up looking at photos of group c cars
Old 7 Aug 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3564400)   #1548
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I thought I'd post.......

.....but then I worried that I might wake someone up.........
Old 7 Aug 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3564403)   #1549
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
hey did someone wake me up

Actually only just got back on line after moving house and lossing both phone line and broadband,
Old 9 Aug 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3564830)   #1550
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Speaking of the historic races a thought just popped into my head-I wonder how many years until we see the likes of the late nineties GT1 era as a support race? At a guess a lot of the cars would still be owned by the manufacturers but it's food for thought.