Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3925958)   #76
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Apparently, as of race week this year, everything has changed. I haven't fully digested how this revised format works (it's a little ambiguous in parts), but it is customisable with add-ons to suit an individual's needs. The base price is the aforementioned 60 euros.

Have a look here.
For € 60 I will probably be a member again, even if it is nearly impossible to get the tickets you want from the ACO. Nowadays you have to fall back on ticket sites to get the tickets you want and you have to pay more fir them then directly through the ACO.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3928629)   #77
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had an email from the ACO, the ticket web site for 2020 opens in 30 days,.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3928692)   #78
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just noticed that I did not raise my hand in here yet.
So, I will be there in 2020 .
Old 19 Sep 2019, 21:05 (Ref:3928968)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had an email from the ACO, the ticket web site for 2020 opens in 30 days,.
So is that members' ticketing? I had the email too but it doesn't make it clear......
Old 20 Sep 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3929087)   #80
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As i far as i am aware that is the members date, unless non members are getting the same email
Old 20 Sep 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3929088)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't received any e mail from the ACO.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3929106)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As i far as i am aware that is the members date, unless non members are getting the same email

I think it must be - it's almost exactly the same date as last year.

Peter -
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 20 Sep 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3929107)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Ayse.

I've just paid for my trip, camping at the Porsche Curves, which includes general admission. Must say though that I'd like to get into the chicane grandstand at some point in the race. So will get on line as soon as I can.
Old 20 Sep 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3929144)   #84
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well will see you there in June Peter. unfortumately had to cancel plans for spa classic next week but will be at spa for the wec in may
Old 20 Sep 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3929147)   #85
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Must say though that I'd like to get into the chicane grandstand at some point in the race. So will get on line as soon as I can.
Which chicane?

If you mean Ford chicane and thus T23 then I recommend not bothering - it's not a great view, it's very cramped and you can get an excellent close-up of the cars up by the fence.

If you mean Dunlop chicane and thus T5 then absolutely go for it - it's a terrific view all the way down to the start-finish straight and up through the esses and under the bridge. Try to get a seat as far back as possible and on the side nearer the start-finish (though tbh the grandstands are only full for a few hours around the start and finish, at other times you can move freely around).
Old 24 Sep 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3929918)   #86
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
After missing the past couple years, the Mrs. gave me the okay to return again next year!

She'll be joining again too. Found an Air B&B for a good rate in the city center. Plan will be for me to camp Wednesday to Sunday, her on Wednesday and Thursday as well. Apartment isn't booked until Friday, so just about the time she'll be dying for a shower we'll have access to that. I'll likely use it the Friday night to get a proper sleep, but the rest of the time you'll find me with Kenn at the International Camp.

Can't wait to be back!
Old 24 Sep 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3929921)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good job mate!
Old 26 Sep 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3930189)   #88
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
A good plan, see you in June
Old 3 Oct 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3931715)   #89
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there again next year camping on the international camp, only difference will be the longer travel from Leeds instead of Northampton (yes I realise that is nothing compared to some people ).

See you all in June, or sooner!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 17:13 (Ref:3931730)   #90
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yesssssssss, and probably continuing the celebrations for my 40th the week before
Old 12 Oct 2019, 16:10 (Ref:3933513)   #91
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
After missing the past couple years, the Mrs. gave me the okay to return again next year!

She'll be joining again too. Found an Air B&B for a good rate in the city center. Plan will be for me to camp Wednesday to Sunday, her on Wednesday and Thursday as well. Apartment isn't booked until Friday, so just about the time she'll be dying for a shower we'll have access to that. I'll likely use it the Friday night to get a proper sleep, but the rest of the time you'll find me with Kenn at the International Camp.

Can't wait to be back!
Great news!
Old 14 Oct 2019, 21:44 (Ref:3934449)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Are you going Eric?

Or perhaps that should be - are you staying Eric?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3934575)   #93
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Eric is always there, he likes le mans so much he lives there
Old 15 Oct 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3934600)   #94
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck to all of you who play the annual ACO Roulette
Old 15 Oct 2019, 10:04 (Ref:3934602)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
In roulette you have a faint chance of winning, but with the ACO you have a faint chance of getting a minor price if you are very lucky
Old 15 Oct 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3934676)   #96
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Which chicane?

If you mean Ford chicane and thus T23 then I recommend not bothering - it's not a great view, it's very cramped and you can get an excellent close-up of the cars up by the fence.

If you mean Dunlop chicane and thus T5 then absolutely go for it - it's a terrific view all the way down to the start-finish straight and up through the esses and under the bridge. Try to get a seat as far back as possible and on the side nearer the start-finish (though tbh the grandstands are only full for a few hours around the start and finish, at other times you can move freely around).
I have to disagree, to some extent, with your assessment of those two tribunes. Raccordement is indeed cramped, and because there are no seat backs, not a stand that's particularly comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. However, the view of the track from there is, in my opinion, outstanding, from the entry to the Ford Chicane all the way up to the beginning of the Dunlop Curve. There's always plenty of incident through the Ford Chicane and at the start of the Pit Straight, and because it sits opposite pit entry, it is easy to follow who's pitting when, which means you can follow most of what's happening in the race without relying on big screens (although there is a big screen opposite) and RLM to tell you what's going on. And for photographers, apart from the front few rows, you are above the fence line. I've been in Dunlop many times over the years, but for me, Raccordement wins hands down, despite the relative discomfort you have to endure. Horses for courses!
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:08 (Ref:3934682)   #97
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll use it for practice if I can, but I'm probably going to spend mot time wandering around and of course at Porsche Curves. I've tried to book T17 for some of the race too.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3934685)   #98
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I have to disagree, to some extent, with your assessment of those two tribunes. Raccordement is indeed cramped, and because there are no seat backs, not a stand that's particularly comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. However, the view of the track from there is, in my opinion, outstanding, from the entry to the Ford Chicane all the way up to the beginning of the Dunlop Curve. There's always plenty of incident through the Ford Chicane and at the start of the Pit Straight, and because it sits opposite pit entry, it is easy to follow who's pitting when, which means you can follow most of what's happening in the race without relying on big screens (although there is a big screen opposite) and RLM to tell you what's going on. And for photographers, apart from the front few rows, you are above the fence line. I've been in Dunlop many times over the years, but for me, Raccordement wins hands down, despite the relative discomfort you have to endure. Horses for courses!
Sat in T23 last year for the first time and for a change. Enjoyed it for the different view but not the bleeding of the French and RLM radio signals (always worse down there). Back to T17 in 2020.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3934686)   #99
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am ! Ticket site up and running and a big improvement on last year. Care re which ACO package you are on to get the right tariff.

T17 here we come !
Old 15 Oct 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3934697)   #100
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Sat in T23 last year for the first time and for a change. Enjoyed it for the different view but not the bleeding of the French and RLM radio signals (always worse down there). Back to T17 in 2020.
Interesting, I've had that problem in T17 when sitting high up, but had no such problem in T23 when we were there a few years ago.
Closed Thread