Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Apr 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3971563)   #1
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New merchandising opportunities

To while away some of the extra time we have on our hands, what do people see a possible merchandising changes to go with the change of date for the race.

I will start with 24 hour branded thermal underwear.

Sean
Old 18 Apr 2020, 18:37 (Ref:3971567)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guinness tent replaced by Bovril tent.
Old 18 Apr 2020, 18:42 (Ref:3971570)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Guinness tent replaced by Bovril tent.
With deposit paid reusable Thermos flasks instead of beer mugs!
Old 18 Apr 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3971579)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think reusable coffee cups with race cars on them for sure, hoping people will start collecting them rather than get the deposit back. They will sell well if it is cold but if the weather is warm they make be hard to shift
Old 18 Apr 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3971581)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Also termal blankets might be big sellers with car themed insignia to wrap yourself in whilst watching the race
Old 19 Apr 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3971645)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think reusable coffee cups with race cars on them for sure, hoping people will start collecting them rather than get the deposit back. They will sell well if it is cold but if the weather is warm they make be hard to shift
These have already been used in the ACO member outlets, I have a tall stack of them in a kitchen cupboard.

With a little too much time on my hands at the moment , I did have a look at the historical weather data for the equivalent week in September. The average high and low temperatures for September are just one degree lower than June, and last year the weather hit 29 degrees on one of the days during race week. Sun hats, shorts and sun cream will be needed for sure!🌞
Old 19 Apr 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3971648)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Long live the Greenhouse Effect!
Old 19 Apr 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3971655)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
These have already been used in the ACO member outlets, I have a tall stack of them in a kitchen cupboard.

With a little too much time on my hands at the moment , I did have a look at the historical weather data for the equivalent week in September. The average high and low temperatures for September are just one degree lower than June, and last year the weather hit 29 degrees on one of the days during race week. Sun hats, shorts and sun cream will be needed for sure!🌞
A repeated word in that post will please a certain member in here
Old 19 Apr 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3971656)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

I have loads of the beer (both small and large) ones but can't remember coffee ones to be honest, Spent quite a while in the aco area's, when i got coffee's they were in the cardboard ones or disposable plastic ones at the other outlets but to be honest warm enough over the last few years that i did not often buy coffee's.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3971658)   #10
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A free face mask with every programme might be a good idea...
Old 19 Apr 2020, 09:51 (Ref:3971659)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Plus a leaflet telling you about social distancing, staying 2 metres away from other race fans and that tents should only house one person unless close family members.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3971672)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
A repeated word in that post will please a certain member in here
It's gonna be lovely.....

All we have to do now is get there......
Old 19 Apr 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3971676)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Getting there is not a problem, having something there is the problem, but fingers are crossed
Old 19 Apr 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3971677)   #14
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Getting there is not a problem, having something there is the problem, but fingers are crossed
Not for all . Danish-German boarder is currently closed, making it a long trip through Sweden or Norway inorder to get to France.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3971678)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
getting back to the reason for this topic, how about free 24 hour hand sanitisers,
Old 19 Apr 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3971692)   #16
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll buy a beanie, I'm pretty sure we will need one. That is, if I can make it.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 15:33 (Ref:3971712)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I'll buy a beanie, I'm pretty sure we will need one. That is, if I can make it.
Well that little old buggy of yours will need a decent run out later in the year
Old 20 Apr 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3971818)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I have loads of the beer (both small and large) ones but can't remember coffee ones to be honest, Spent quite a while in the aco area's, when i got coffee's they were in the cardboard ones or disposable plastic ones at the other outlets but to be honest warm enough over the last few years that i did not often buy coffee's.
2016 reusable Le Mans coffee cup in T17/18 bar/restaurant. There have been several different versions, but not sure over how many years, or if they're still using them even...I think maybe not.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 17:32 (Ref:3971880)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
2016 reusable Le Mans coffee cup in T17/18 bar/restaurant. There have been several different versions, but not sure over how many years, or if they're still using them even...I think maybe not.
Our small collection with three coffee mugs at the front. I know they also did black ones one year but I can't remember if they had any design on them? Probably not as I never kept one....
Attached Thumbnails
mugs.jpg  
Old 20 Apr 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3971883)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They were coffee cups? i have plenty of the small ones and got them from usual beer stalls when you ordered a small beer or wine, not sure they are heat resistant? and suitable for holding if they were full of hot stuff
Old 20 Apr 2020, 20:26 (Ref:3971921)   #21
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
They were coffee cups? i have plenty of the small ones and got them from usual beer stalls when you ordered a small beer or wine, not sure they are heat resistant? and suitable for holding if they were full of hot stuff
I actually thought them as childrens cups as well
Old 21 Apr 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3972098)   #22
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The smaller ones have been common in France for some time. We have several from French 2CV meetings, usually marked with levels for coffee, wine and beer
Old 21 Apr 2020, 18:59 (Ref:3972100)   #23
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would buy this if it's in the shape of for example the 24 logo.
https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Click-pa.../dp/B000WOV6HA
Old 21 Apr 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3972101)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yeah, they're absolutely fine. We've had coffee in them many times. Just as thick and sturdy as the beer ones.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 19:03 (Ref:3972102)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I would buy this if it's in the shape of for example the 24 logo.
https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Click-pa.../dp/B000WOV6HA
Trouble is, it has to be boiled after each use.