Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 May 2023, 09:48 (Ref:4158278)   #1
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to WEC (Monza)

Hi,

I plan to go with my son to Monza for the 6 hours in July. This will be our very first ever race live...

Do you have some experience with this track during WEC weekend?

The tickets which can be bought are all general admission, but I saw YT video and read that the grandstands are limited. I cannot find any way to buy any other tickets just normal general a...

I know that WEC has much less audience that F1 but this year is different plus there will be the new Ferrari...

Any tips, and remarks in general would be very much apprieciated since it will be our first live race... not just Monza...
Old 28 May 2023, 13:16 (Ref:4158302)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve never been to Monza for a sportscar race and can’t be that useful here. I can tell you that it is a wonderfully beautiful circuit and you can feel the history. While there check out the old banking.

Maybe the grandstands are limited but free to enter? Some of them offer a very good view.

Have a great time.
Old 28 May 2023, 18:02 (Ref:4158391)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I went to Monza for a photo job back in 2005. I think we must have had the only wet weekend near Milan / Monza, it was torrential on both days. Some great restaurants nearby and like Adam said I’d check out the banking. I was stationed at Ascari and then Parabolica.
Old 28 May 2023, 21:50 (Ref:4158636)   #4
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you.

Due to "bad" period at work we will probably have to come just for weekend and rush to airport on Sunday to catch the plane so it adds to having no room for problems of different sorts.

For sure F1 makes biggest crowd by far, cues and so on, but this year WEC will probably be a lot less "niche"

Yeah, I definately wanted to see the old "track".
Old 30 May 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4158824)   #5
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going Monza as well this year

I have only been once for the GTWEC back in 2018. Easy access from Milan via train and bus(seriously one thing lacking in Europe is how remote or difficult to access some tracks are if you do not have a car)
Don't know what to expect during a WEC weekend, but for GTWEC we had access to most stands on the main straight and you could walk in some places around the track
I found that good viewing spots were not that many though on the track. Maybe I did not have time to find the best ones/
Old 30 May 2023, 13:26 (Ref:4158849)   #6
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The park Monza is in, is a public one so most of the area is free to enter (and the park is more than double the size of the circuit so plenty of space).

Most of the spectator accessible part of the track is on the inside and no access on the outside all the way from the first chicane towards the Parabolica. But there is a grandstand at the outside of the Parabolica (which I assume is gonna be open but it's 10 years since I last visited). The spot is also conveniently close to the old banking. You'll see a lot of regular, non-track visitors there (walking, cycling, taking the kids for a stroll) as they enjoy the free park.

Enjoy and saluti!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 20:59 (Ref:4166186)   #7
Substitute79
Rookie

Substitute79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if the Security is as strict at the WEC Monza round as F1? Don't really want to lose my powerbank at the gate.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4166329)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would they confiscate a powerbank?
Old 2 Jul 2023, 22:30 (Ref:4166356)   #9
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea. But have also seen the rules are pretty horrendous for the Imola F1.

I wonder if it will be that bad for WEC next year?

https://www.imolaf1.com/en/rules-for-visitors-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Jul 2023, 07:03 (Ref:4166463)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like the banned list for a visit to one of HM's prisons.....

Plastic bottles up to 500 mL - but only without a cap

Useful.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4166572)   #11
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chairs are banned but small chairs are allowed
Old 3 Jul 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4166585)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I confess I've never seen a list like it. Astonishing.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4166591)   #13
Jamie Brown
Rookie

I don’t understand how you can take a laptop but not a powerbank? It’s kind of put me off wanting to go to Imola WEC if it’s like that.

At least we only have beer being confiscated to worry about at Le Mans!

Old 6 Jul 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4166960)   #14
peetleouf
Rookie

France
Drôme
peetleouf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

found on the official site : https://www.monzanet.it/en/6-hours-o...-championship/

i'm going to !
Old 6 Jul 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4166965)   #15
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do they think that irate spectators might use their Thermos flasks as projectiles?

The 'bottles with no cap' thing seems odd, do you have to carry your open drinks bottle around all day, spilling it as you go?

I'm curious to see how much my powerbanks weigh....
Old 6 Jul 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4166971)   #16
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow! Seems like a heavy concern of terrorist attack issues. Not sure I would want to attend either. Can not even imagen why the power bank restrictions. And I thought that the BYO alcohol restrictions at Road Atlanta were rough.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4166974)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Do they think that irate spectators might use their Thermos flasks as projectiles?
I think those restrcitions are too much conservative. They should add dead donkey too, not mentioning wild squirrels… And the vuvuzela thingy is a great addition with cars producing c 105 dB around.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 20:05 (Ref:4167006)   #18
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Weather forecast is looking absolutely terrible for Milan on Sunday. Full sun all day, little wind and 33 deg or so max
Old 7 Jul 2023, 11:28 (Ref:4167052)   #19
XtC24
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
The park Monza is in, is a public one so most of the area is free to enter (and the park is more than double the size of the circuit so plenty of space).

Most of the spectator accessible part of the track is on the inside and no access on the outside all the way from the first chicane towards the Parabolica. But there is a grandstand at the outside of the Parabolica (which I assume is gonna be open but it's 10 years since I last visited). The spot is also conveniently close to the old banking. You'll see a lot of regular, non-track visitors there (walking, cycling, taking the kids for a stroll) as they enjoy the free park.

Enjoy and saluti!
Thank you!

It will be very hot in deed.

My father comes with us as well. He has diabetes. We will bring water and Cola for him in bottles <= 500 ml but I hope they will not stop us with a little food. I read in review of F1 race that they don't allow own food and use a crazy token system for buying snacks and drinks on the track...
Old 7 Jul 2023, 12:57 (Ref:4167058)   #20
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Following the Le Mans post race inspection of certain cars and no definitive findings published yet - have teams for Monza been informed of possible non-compliant parts for Monza?
Old 7 Jul 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4167066)   #21
Jamie Brown
Rookie

That plastic bottle with no cap thing is absolutely ridiculous!

Old 7 Jul 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4167077)   #22
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if the drivers are limited to <=500ml on board? What would the rules penalty be?
Old 7 Jul 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4167089)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Brown View Post
Premier League football levels of nonsense.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4167090)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Brown View Post
Well, no. Why that? Its year-in year-out the third being free. The first year you have the bottle without cap and so on… The third year you have the full kit!
Old 7 Jul 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4167091)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And I confirm, any good offered for sale inside the track is very expensive, the prices asked don't reflect the quality of the products. And the memorabilia shop is somewhat… But the place is magic, specially the infield.