Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2022, 17:43 (Ref:4116262)   #1026
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think you should. The viewing bank at Indianapolis is for me, the best place to watch now on the entire circuit and for us, the 'go to' place for the middle of the night.
Yes quite high banking and no doubt lots of glowing brakes.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 01:04 (Ref:4116384)   #1027
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Attached Thumbnails
3DD3159E-2EBC-4475-ACEC-178FAAF8500A.jpeg  
Old 20 Jun 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4116417)   #1028
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid to think about what could be Kevin Estre charge...
Old 20 Jun 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4116420)   #1029
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...yota/10325587/

We was all thinking it…but Kobayashi has come out and said it…can’t have an old Rebellion winning Le Mans can we
Old 20 Jun 2022, 12:44 (Ref:4116423)   #1030
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...yota/10325587/

We was all thinking it…but Kobayashi has come out and said it…can’t have an old Rebellion winning Le Mans can we
If you wanna play the BoP game you need to play it right up until 4pm on Saturday. That's the real lesson here.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4116430)   #1031
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If you wanna play the BoP game you need to play it right up until 4pm on Saturday. That's the real lesson here.
and own up as a manufacture and build a regulations true car, instead of running an two year outdated one.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4116431)   #1032
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
and own up as a manufacture and build a regulations true car, instead of running an two year outdated one.
... that won the 1000 Miles of Sebring ! We are in a fallow period between the high points that sportscar racing brings us. C'est la vie.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4116464)   #1033
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
... that won the 1000 Miles of Sebring ! We are in a fallow period between the high points that sportscar racing brings us. C'est la vie.
We are, but Kamui is absolutely right. The 'Alpine' winning Le Mans would have been hugely embarrassing, IMO.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 21:18 (Ref:4116473)   #1034
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably ACO tried to avoid another 1991 but it was quite clear that ACO intention was to limit alpine performances already from spa after they almost dominated sebring race.
Politics before motorsport, kobayashi speaks already like a veteran team principal.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 07:02 (Ref:4116495)   #1035
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And yet if the ACO had helped Alpine and they had won, we'd be accusing them of favouring a French entry.....
Old 3 Jul 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4117999)   #1036
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Here's my first Le Mans album, covering warm-up and Saturday until dusk. I have a massive backlog of pictures and real life has been time-consuming recently, hence the delay .

These are all from the main circuit area. A second album is to follow, with night pictures from the main circuit and morning at Arnage / Indianapols / Mulsanne Corner & Porsche Curves.

I'm not massively pleased with this album tbh. Le Mans is incredibly picturesque on TV but hard to photograph as a spectator. Nevertheless I hope you enjoy the pictures!

https://bit.ly/3OZ4F2e
Old 13 Jul 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4119423)   #1037
9203RW
Rookie

9203RW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Here's my first Le Mans album, covering warm-up and Saturday until dusk. I have a massive backlog of pictures and real life has been time-consuming recently, hence the delay .

These are all from the main circuit area. A second album is to follow, with night pictures from the main circuit and morning at Arnage / Indianapols / Mulsanne Corner & Porsche Curves.

I'm not massively pleased with this album tbh. Le Mans is incredibly picturesque on TV but hard to photograph as a spectator. Nevertheless I hope you enjoy the pictures!

https://bit.ly/3OZ4F2e
They look pretty good to me, certainly a lot sharper and better framed than my own meagre efforts. The first page looks like they were taken at the Dunlop chicane, is that right? If so, you've managed to eliminate any hint of catch fencing, the bane of the amateur photographer's life: what's the secret? Are you willing to share with us details of what equipment you use, your results give me something to aspire to next year.
Old 14 Jul 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4119517)   #1038
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like it's shot from in the Panorama grandstand if I'm not mistaken.

You can shoot through the fence at ground level. If you follow the fence back from Dunlop towards the bridge - where it ends there are a few holes in the fence and you'll usually see a few amateur snappers sticking their lenses through. Which will get you this. Or you can shoot straight through the fence and get similar as long as you can press your lens against it.

153 by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
Old 15 Jul 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4119571)   #1039
9203RW
Rookie

9203RW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wondered if that might be the case - so from the (theoretically) out of bounds area between the railing and the fence. I looked on enviously at those agile enough to climb over the railing - age and arthritis preventing me from joining them!
Old 17 Jul 2022, 12:24 (Ref:4119713)   #1040
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9203RW View Post
They look pretty good to me, certainly a lot sharper and better framed than my own meagre efforts. The first page looks like they were taken at the Dunlop chicane, is that right? If so, you've managed to eliminate any hint of catch fencing, the bane of the amateur photographer's life: what's the secret? Are you willing to share with us details of what equipment you use, your results give me something to aspire to next year.
Thank you for your kind words, very much appreciated .

Simmi is correct - the warm-up I shot from the Panorama tribune, standing on a seat at the back in the middle, just at the point where you can get over the fence. These pics are also all cropped to 16:9, which means what fence there was is cropped out. I also often rotate pics a little and centre the car to get the framing right. Some blemishes are edited out but the exposure/colour etc is unchanged.

Every one of these pics (indeed 99.9% of all my pics) are taken with Nikon D500 and a 70-300mm lens. I set shutter speed (usually 1/1000th, going down as the sun does) and max ISO (2000 - I prefer dark and sharp to fuzzy) and the camera does the rest.

The D500 is an absolutely outstanding camera which Nikon have sadly discontinued as they move to mirrorless, so I have just bought another one and will use my well-worn one as a backup. I find the 70-300mm lens to cover everything I need and that combo is light enough to carry around all weekend, use hand-held without wearing out my arms and pack in hand luggage alongside my step-stool, which is the other essential Le Mans photographer's item (I took the 9 inch stool this time, but I wish I had crammed the 18-inch one ito my luggage).
Old 18 Jul 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4119819)   #1041
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race replay

https://youtu.be/YwpQgDLPV58
Old 18 Jul 2022, 23:51 (Ref:4119850)   #1042
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see the action again, cheers Mike for the upload
Old 21 Jul 2022, 18:31 (Ref:4120061)   #1043
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Second album: https://bit.ly/3znZh3B

Night time at the circuit and then dawn and early morning at Arnage, Indianapolis and Porsche Curves.

Enjoy!
Old 21 Jul 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4120062)   #1044
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Second album: https://bit.ly/3znZh3B

Night time at the circuit and then dawn and early morning at Arnage, Indianapolis and Porsche Curves.

Enjoy!
Link not working.

Correction, it takes me to favourites.