Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

View Poll Results: What are you doing for the Rolex?
Going 3 16.67%
Nah, my living room is awfully warm and cozy! 15 83.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jan 2023, 21:33 (Ref:4140952)   #76
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Does the infield section where Tandy went off seem bumpier this year?
Didn't look it to me. On commentary Keating mentioned there being a strong tailwind into the chicane, which could explain the offs on the way into the bus stop we saw.
Old 22 Jan 2023, 23:15 (Ref:4140955)   #77
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Didn't look it to me. On commentary Keating mentioned there being a strong tailwind into the chicane, which could explain the offs on the way into the bus stop we saw.
That makes sense, bumps upset cars a bit then the wind takes care of the rest.

I streamed qualy on the big tv today in stead of just watching on my laptop like usual. It was great to see all the new cars competing for something and got me excited for next week!

I've read/listened to a few GTP preview items and reliability is a concern of course, but I feel like that might not be an issue as there will be so many cautions that we'll get so much of the race run behind a safety car that less stress will be put on the new cars.
Old 23 Jan 2023, 00:23 (Ref:4140963)   #78
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You say that but remember a Vette went out at LM under the caution. Course that was the cylinder deactivation unbalance destroying the prop shaft. Cars aren't built to trundle around slowly either
Old 23 Jan 2023, 03:47 (Ref:4140978)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From a few videos I've seen, the rear flashing lights are a nuisance from viewing perspective but maybe it's good from a driver perspective?

And questions answered with some wet running....I've not read reports yet.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 01:01 (Ref:4141233)   #80
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
On that R24 fans&Campers group I'm part of, a lot of regulars on the group were saying the the amount of scouts this year was insane. Some said the oval turn 3 & 4 tent grounds were almost full.
They had a pinewood derby while they were there!
Old 26 Jan 2023, 02:12 (Ref:4141234)   #81
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's awesome!
Old 26 Jan 2023, 03:32 (Ref:4141240)   #82
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I want that down the banking, no track just straight release and race to the bottom.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 03:39 (Ref:4141243)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That would rock.

Unfortunately it was on a standard, but decent, track in a faceless conference room somewhere there by the looks of it.
https://twitter.com/imsa/status/1617...fzF3dNa5GBVx2A
Old 26 Jan 2023, 03:52 (Ref:4141248)   #84
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Just caught up with GT qual. Crikey, what’s going on? It’s all in the wrong order! quite fun really.
Old 27 Jan 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4141451)   #85
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Forgive me, but is there any way for UK folks of watching this live in the UK without going through a paywall?( I have sky sports and Eurosport)
Old 27 Jan 2023, 20:58 (Ref:4141459)   #86
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Forgive me, but is there any way for UK folks of watching this live in the UK without going through a paywall?( I have sky sports and Eurosport)
IMSA.tv or Radio LM website