Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Mar 2002, 03:08 (Ref:232011)   #1
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Dalziel

apologies if I misspelled the last name.

Ryan is now in the US Toyota Atlantic championship and in the first race at Mexico, driving a year old car with an update kit; he qualified about 1.2 seconds off pole. In the wet race he set fast lap and finished second.
Old 10 Mar 2002, 09:06 (Ref:232084)   #2
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice one . so maybe he's looking at Cart then for the future . I will have to check out the Atlantics web site
Old 10 Mar 2002, 09:11 (Ref:232089)   #3
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats good , thgey have got all live timing and scoring screens on their site as well . thats worth knowing for the future. mind you , it looks like half of the field has stepped up from last years Barber Dodge Pro Series. Sepp Kosters good too !
Old 10 Mar 2002, 09:42 (Ref:232102)   #4
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember that Ryan was slower than both his teamates in F3 last season. Perhaps the talent level in Atlantics is significantly lower than in F3.

Alex Gurney, was a front runner in atlantics in 2000, was a lower midfield runner for mist of the season in f3 last year.
Old 10 Mar 2002, 10:58 (Ref:232124)   #5
Old Hairpin
Racer

Old Hairpin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember Ryan being the only guy who could give Kimi a fight in Formula Renault at least at the start of the season anyway. He cant be that bad.
Old 21 Aug 2002, 16:13 (Ref:363030)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have an interview him this weekend in Montreal for an article I'm doing comparing Cart, Atlantics, Barber Dodge and probably British F3 and FRenault.

Any questions for the young lad (he's a few days older than me actually...)? I also have a interview with Alex Gurney, and could probably speak to others. My main goal is to compare the above series, as I know very little about the British ones.

A bit about Atlantics though - it's not really fare to judge these guys in the rain compared to a British driver. It doesn't rain that much here. There is maybe 1 or 2 session held in the wet every year, and only a wet race every year or two. The Formula Ford race in the rain in Montreal was the first one in the wet in over two years.

Any other thoughts on how the above series compare? I already have some ideas from one driver about FRenualt vs Barber Dodge, but I need other opinions...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Aug 2002, 16:22 (Ref:363035)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If its an official interview I cant see you getting very honest answers. Dalziel isnt going to say "Atlantics is below Formula Renault" even if it was true.
Old 21 Aug 2002, 16:35 (Ref:363044)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
That's not what I'm trying to do... I just want a fare comparison between the these series, and driver opinions are very helpful.

I don't even think one is above or below the other. They appear to be two different series with drivers that have different goals in mind. Atlantic guys are focused on Cart and FRenualt guys...F3, F3000 and F1 (I'm assuming...).

Anyway, we'll see where this goes...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Aug 2002, 16:44 (Ref:363053)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now he is racing with the best team Hylton, watch him win a race!
Old 21 Aug 2002, 17:53 (Ref:363083)   #10
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see Ryan go to Hylton, a stonger team than Mick Shank Racing, and finally he gets away from the '99 car he's been driving all year.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 01:45 (Ref:363345)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I'd argue Daricott is a slightly stronger team this year, but it's probably just their driver lineup. Ryan definately has the opportunity to win a race now if he can take advantage of it.