Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 15 May 2003, 13:26 (Ref:599718)   #1
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panizzi.

Gilles Panizzi will have to find a WRC team next year since Peugeot will have to make a decision on who will be the three top drivers next year. FIA regulations will come in effect. If Colin McRae is going somewhere else next year, there is an outside chance that Panizzi might be Citroen's next driver.
Old 15 May 2003, 15:13 (Ref:599805)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So who are Peugeout keeping? Gronholm for sure but isn't Burns out of contract at the end of this year? There are rumours he'll be going back to Subaru. That leaves Rovanpera and Pannizzi to take the other seats.

I can't see Mcrae leaving Citroen so soon either, if Citroen do lose one of their current lineup it'll be Sainz.
Old 15 May 2003, 16:05 (Ref:599870)   #3
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Peugeot I'd go for Gronholm & Panizzi if the rules on third drivers being non-race winnners come into effect.

Rovanpera & Burns are similar to Marcus but not up to his standard & Gilles gives them the tarmac expertise (+ his gravel performances are getting stronger)
Old 15 May 2003, 17:53 (Ref:600020)   #4
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not be surprised, if Burns finds himself behind the wheel of the Focus.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 15 May 2003, 18:00 (Ref:600028)   #5
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I reckon that Griffone will suddenly start getting the absolute mutts nuts stuff (current works kit) for tarmac and pretty much the latest bits for gravel and then Rovs and Pannizzi will drive there instead.

Burns in a ford, nah. Back to Scooby when Mak retires.

Has Loix won a rally yet? If not he will be at Peugeot. Sainz to Hyundai or retire. Skoda stay as tehy are but take on Pozzo.

Just my guestimation...

Last edited by imull; 15 May 2003 at 18:01.
Old 15 May 2003, 18:11 (Ref:600042)   #6
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by imull
I reckon that Griffone will suddenly start getting the absolute mutts nuts stuff (current works kit) for tarmac and pretty much the latest bits for gravel and then Rovs and Pannizzi will drive there instead.

Burns in a ford, nah. Back to Scooby when Mak retires.

Has Loix won a rally yet? If not he will be at Peugeot. Sainz to Hyundai or retire. Skoda stay as tehy are but take on Pozzo.

Just my guestimation...
Guess you could be right. Can't really see Loix staying at Hyundai after this year, although I can't really see why another would want him!
Old 16 May 2003, 03:55 (Ref:600517)   #7
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz is driving very well this year - if it comes down to McRae or Sainz having to go, based on what I have seen so far this year, I think Colin could get the sack.

Is there not a new team about to join rally? Wasn't it a Japanese marque? Maybe they will grab a driver.

What about Burns though? He is top of the driver's standings yet nowhere near the pace of Gronholm. I don't see him staying. And Makinen deciding to stay maybe at Subaru does not help Burnsie either.

Burns to Ford is not such an impossible idea IMO. They need a bit more experience and can run three cars. Burns, Martin and Duval. Not a bad line-up. Burns would have to drop his salary fee though...
Old 16 May 2003, 04:35 (Ref:600529)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burns has proven unworthy. Harri deserves a full-time ride at a competitive team, he's vastly underrated! Panizzi and Grönholm are a strong team!
Old 16 May 2003, 06:26 (Ref:600558)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely there isn't a realistic chance that this silly 3rd driver rule will get up?

If it does happen that i wouldn't mind betting that something like imull said would happen, the likes of Grifone would be getting much more up to date parts and good drivers.
Old 16 May 2003, 07:29 (Ref:600603)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Ford will stay the same, Burns will go to Subaru (Makinen will see out 2004 in a third car and then retire).

Panizzi, A Mcrae and a young driver at Misubishi.

Sainz and Aurial as a dream team for Skoda.

Otherwise Sainz could go to Hyundai.

But then again if the rule doesn't come in who knows.

Last edited by JAG; 16 May 2003 at 07:30.