Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:33 (Ref:782633)   #1
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone coming "over" to work?

It is time to start thinking about the '04 season.

:confused: Anyone interested in working the Rolex 24 at Daytona or the 12hrs at Sebring?

Daytona is 28 JAN->02 FEB, Sebring is 17 MAR->20 MAR with `paid' test days on 15, 16 MAR.

Contact thebear via this topic or PM.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 23:40 (Ref:782645)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might be looking for something later in the year. would love to do Sebring, but it's too early for me to take holiday/pay for it.

What's good from July-October?
Old 14 Nov 2003, 00:16 (Ref:782677)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Good?

Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Might be looking for something later in the year. would love to do Sebring, but it's too early for me to take holiday/pay for it.

What's good from July-October?

July:
02->04 Limerock ALMS, Daytona Grand-Am (includes NA$CAR's Pepsi 400, free)
09->11 Toronto CART (?????????????????????)
23->25 Portland ALMS, Vancouver CART (????????)
AUG
06->08 Mosport ALMS, Grand-Am Mid-Ohio, CART Road America (?????????????????)
13->15 Watkins Glen G-A
20->22 Road Atlanta ALMS
SEP
10->12 Laguna Seca CART (you know)
22->26 Road Atlanta ALMS (PLM)
OCT
13->17 Laguna Seca ALMS

The "Crystal Ball" is a little "cloudy" towards the end of the year.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 01:14 (Ref:783867)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do the number of question marks indicate the level of doubt?

To an unkowing Brit, what would be your recommendations for a good, social weekend with easy accomodation? I'm thinking ALMS at Road Atlanta looks interesting???
Old 15 Nov 2003, 15:57 (Ref:784368)   #5
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the petit lemans at road atlanta is an exellent race. good social events at the end of the day. the marshals are very helpful
Old 16 Nov 2003, 02:11 (Ref:784737)   #6
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any event at Road America is fun, but I'm a bit biased as that track is relatively close to home for me. That would be relative in midwestern terms: only a 5-hour drive. Woolley (or anyone) if you are interested in that track, I can help you with contacts, so forth

The Petit at Road Atlanta and 12 hours of Sebring are great too. And Long Beach, the Runoffs at Mid-Ohio and F1 at Indy too.
Old 16 Nov 2003, 22:35 (Ref:785264)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
PLM sounds good, I will definitely consider it. Thanks.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 02:42 (Ref:785370)   #8
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
??????????s

Quote:
Do the number of question marks indicate the level of doubt?
No, I just got tired of typing them.
Quote:

To an unkowing Brit, what would be your recommendations for a good, social weekend with easy accomodation? I'm thinking ALMS at Road Atlanta looks interesting???
:confused: Will you be spectating or marshalling? In any event, Hotel/Motel reservations are available now but disappear rapidly as race days approach. I can possibly arrange a room-share if you or anyone else is interested. Contact <thebear@marshalspost.com>
Old 17 Nov 2003, 18:55 (Ref:786322)   #9
73_Gstock
Racer

United States
Iowa, lovely Iowa
73_Gstock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since I'm already on this side of the pond, my pro weekends of choice are:
F1 Indy in June
ALMS Mid Ohio in June
ALMS Road America
ALMS Road Atlanta
and maybe:
Grand-Am Mid-Ohio
ALMS at Mosport

Should be a great summer!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 21:17 (Ref:786511)   #10
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
hmmmm toss up between long beach and PLM for me...if i can afford it!