Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Jan 2004, 04:29 (Ref:849808)   #1
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exclusive Paul Tracy interview!!

Find out what our defending CART champion would find destracting, who he misses driving against, and that whole "applesauce" thing!!

www.rfmsports.com

Enjoy!!

Margot
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 25 Jan 2004, 04:58 (Ref:849814)   #2
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mags!! Great interview!!

Sue
Old 25 Jan 2004, 05:16 (Ref:849822)   #3
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by suzmac
Thanks Mags!! Great interview!!

Sue
Thanks! It was fun. I like him so much - He's such a great guy.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 25 Jan 2004, 05:18 (Ref:849824)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff Mags, keep it up! And I love the quote, "I would have kicked Dario's ass in a Players car!" I also liked that you pointed out that Paul is an extremely nice guy outside of the car - a lot of people don't know that and assume otherwise.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 25 Jan 2004, 05:38 (Ref:849828)   #5
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Good stuff Mags, keep it up! And I love the quote, "I would have kicked Dario's ass in a Players car!" I also liked that you pointed out that Paul is an extremely nice guy outside of the car - a lot of people don't know that and assume otherwise.
Thank You

I'll tell ANYONE who will listen about that! He is actually VERY shy!

I e mailed his PR lady at Xmas telling her she got a great present in Paul, and when I saw her finally in Portland, she said, yes, I was right. But then, she had has Tags for 2 years previously, so ANYTHING would have been an improvment!! (And, BTW, Tags is OK to me, too!)
Old 25 Jan 2004, 13:42 (Ref:849985)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another great interview, Mags! Thanks so much!!! I have always known that PT was a nice person on and off the track, but why do you think that he is SO different (shy) outside of the racing environment, compared to the overly aggressive (very assertive) person we see on the track? And how does he make that transformation so easily?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 14:35 (Ref:850007)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul looked at me like I was an idiot when i tried to ask Moreno what he thought was a better car to drive: 90s Bennatton or 2002 Champ Car - It came out sounding like "Which is better Champ Car or F1" WHOOPS!
But I deserved it, sorry, I digress...
Old 25 Jan 2004, 17:43 (Ref:850127)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, as nice as Paul is.... I still wouldn't want to run into him in a traffic jam on the highway!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 25 Jan 2004, 17:57 (Ref:850138)   #9
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mags, are you back from CW land?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 19:42 (Ref:850189)   #10
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Another great interview, Mags! Thanks so much!!! I have always known that PT was a nice person on and off the track, but why do you think that he is SO different (shy) outside of the racing environment, compared to the overly aggressive (very assertive) person we see on the track? And how does he make that transformation so easily?
That, I have no idea. A friend of mine tells me he sees his clients eyes actually change once the helmet goes on. Perhaps that is it. I don't know.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 20:28 (Ref:850214)   #11
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two things that I liked reading because I completely agree:

1. "Dario… because I would have KICKED HIS ASS in a Player’s car!" Back at Green I thought PT had lost it and Dario was substantially better. If Dario had been in CART for 2003 on the same team, PT would have beaten him. The difference between him and Bruno was a lot larger than the points would suggest and I think Dario could have been closer than Bruno.

2. "No gag order… (HA! Like anyone could put one on me anyways!) but I will say this…The IRL champ (Scott Dixon) didn’t win too much when he was in CART.. So you tell me what is easier?" Everyone talks about how all the good CART drivers left for the IRL. Dixon had two years to prove himself in CART. He was good, but I'm sure I would have put him in a list top 10 drivers of 2001 or 2002.

Comments?
Old 26 Jan 2004, 08:49 (Ref:850707)   #12
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, He should have had 2 wins last year - One when they ordered him to stay behind Junky and one when Kanaan smacked him off the road - the irritating thing about that was I messed up the recording and missed the first 45min (of the International Highlights broadcast - no yellows etc) and I was like "WHERE'S SCOTTY?!" So I was a little dissapointed.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 18:08 (Ref:851366)   #13
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes there were team orders at Denver, but given the amount of passing that was occuring it is unlikely he could have passed Junky. Kannan took him out, but if I recall that was early in the race.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 12:28 (Ref:853513)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.motorsportok.hu/contents.php?cid=313

If you speak Hungarian or your friends do, you might want to check this out! RFM is going international in a big way now, and PT is our advance guard.