Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1136123)   #1
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional Top Hat dates 2005

I promised Peter Mallet that I would post the provisional Yop Hat dates for 2005 which were included in the Mallory race book:

Top Hat at Goodwood - 5 March
Cloth Cap at Goodwood - 12 March
Castle Combe - 28 March
Donington - 1/2 May
Pau - 7/8 May
Dijon - 17-19 June
Brands Hatch - 9/10 July
Chimay - TBA August
Spa - 16-18 Sept
Mallory - 2 October

These dates are provisional but it is lovely to see a good mix of UK and European events.
KR
LAK
Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:52 (Ref:1136148)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ta very much Louise.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1136520)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
that is a full list - is that Brands date the HSCC super prix meeting? Hope so as that will mean lot of racing that weekend!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1136567)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Depending on my employment and if there's a class for us I'll try to make Combe, Pau, Dijon, Chimay, Spa and Mallory. Tax days may be a problem though.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1136568)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry - forgive me if I'm months out of the loop, but is that a pair of March race dates at Goodwood????
Old 26 Oct 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1136638)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was wondering that too or are they sprints?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 15:59 (Ref:1136767)   #7
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Fred Gallagher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been told today that Spa is now 24th/25th September and Goodwood Revival 17th/18th.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1136833)   #8
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re the Goodwood dates in March, Julius normally runs a track/test day in early March. Therefore I assuming that he is planning to have 2 track days 2 weekends in a row by splitting out the Top Hat and Cloth Cap cars. This would make sense especially as the track day has been over subscribed in the last couple of years as I think he only had about 25 spaces or so.

Re Spa, Julius did say the dates were only provisional at this stage and so I would guess we can expect a few changes as calenders get finalised over the next couple of months.
LAK
Old 26 Oct 2004, 18:18 (Ref:1136925)   #9
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can we have more in England please,not all of us can get to see the away days.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1136936)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Gallagher
I have been told today that Spa is now 24th/25th September and Goodwood Revival 17th/18th.
Definitely a wet one this year then!

I'll post it to my website and update as and when. Would be nice to know if he's decided on a racecard yet. Spa will be his EHTCC race one-hour for all T H racers.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1137020)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will definitely try to get the old Chevy out to some of those UK meets, don't think I can do the Euro events either, the old girl is coming along nicely now (if they will let me in of course).
Old 26 Oct 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1137030)   #12
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any chance of a meeting at either/both Oulton and/or Cadwell Park?

Old 27 Oct 2004, 16:15 (Ref:1137930)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to try and do all of those . . .Pau may be a bit much, but I have the offer of a free house to use 30 miles away :-)

the two goodwoods are test days, one for saloons and one for gts