Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1442468)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Herbert: Midland won't be yellow.

Herbert on the 10 tenths radio program has revealed that the loss of the Jordan name will also mean the loss of the yellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbet
You have to make a change. It [yellow] ran for 15 years, it is time to move on
the interview is still on.

Check out Sky 907 or www.yoursportradio.com
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1442489)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
A good decision. New name, new colors.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1442495)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They did a livery launch at this year's car launch, didn't they? It'll be blue ad white I belive.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1442501)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just now, JH was keeping quiet when pressed about the actual colour.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1442503)   #5
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I believe it'll be blue and white
Old 24 Oct 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1442515)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why not black and gold ?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1442519)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see them changing the colour, you can't really live on past glories when you're building a new team. Do Midland have a corporate colour as such?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1442531)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, their logo is in blue and white so...

Like this:

(from www.midland.gg)
Old 24 Oct 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1442541)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... BMW is also blue, white (and red), so what Toro Rosso will be like ?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1442582)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is this the theme that will appear on the BMW F1 cars?

I'm not sure if this multi-coloured flag is a BMW motorsport motif, or if its a Schnitzer one...?

Old 24 Oct 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1442593)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it was more a Fina one. Now Fina is Total though, won't happen.

I'd expect the BMW corporate (dark blue, deep red & white) to be more likely.

Heading off topic, but Midland sure are joining in with a field of red, white & blue next year it seems.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1442595)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Dammnit, I loved that multicoloured font, I hope Fina sponsers BMW...
Old 24 Oct 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1442597)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Dammnit, I loved that multicoloured font, I hope Fina sponsers BMW...
If I recall correctly, the BMW F1 test car that ran in 1999 had this same motif.

Whoops. Not sure what happened there!

Edit as you see fit!
Old 24 Oct 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1442606)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

As I posted in the other thread some weeks ago, I think BMW will be more in the lines :
Old 24 Oct 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1442612)   #15
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, that would fit

Old 24 Oct 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1442627)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Midland held some sort of a launch at the beginning of the year (not the Jordan one at Red Square in Moscow) and a car exposed there was dark blue with Russian flag motifs...
Old 25 Oct 2005, 02:41 (Ref:1442729)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I find it interesting that Johnny should say the yellow ran for 15 years, when you consider that it didn't.

Anyhoo, onto more relevant things. I think it would be a giggle to see them run with red and yellow, possibly even doing a back-to-front-upside-down sickle or something. It would me laugh at least.

However, in all seriousness, I think it is very likely they wil go with something that fits with the Midland corporation's imaging and so on (thus blue, and, as jordi's post suggests, this could be tied in with the Russian flag).
Old 25 Oct 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1442774)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Midland is Canadian, rather than Russian, technically
Old 25 Oct 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1442789)   #19
nau_jr
Rookie

United Nations
St. Petersburg, Europe
nau_jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
For example, Sergey Brin also was born in Soviet Union, but Google is't Russian company
Old 25 Oct 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1442818)   #20
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I understand that title sponsorship [or nowadays the livery of the patron car company] to a large degree dictates car colour, but it would be nice to see something other than white, blue or red. Its so hard to tell them apart as physically the cars look almost identical too. The Jordans always looked distinctive, particularly with their yellow livery, and the Orange Arrows looked cool too.

Here's one that should have been tabled at the FIA meeting yesterday. Select 12 different colours, one for each team. Then draw lots to determine who got what colour. The team would have to use that as their base going forward :-)
Old 25 Oct 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1443422)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I know this, but it is the Russian thing he is wanting to explore with F1 in the interests of increasing Midland's involvement in Russia (brand awareness is part of this process).
Old 26 Oct 2005, 02:13 (Ref:1443521)   #22
RedNine Racing
Racer

Australia
Adelaide,Australia
RedNine Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who cares waht clours midland will have on their cars next year.

ROCK ON COURTNEY,FORD and SBR
ROCK ON FERRARI! n thanks 4 the memories Ruby,Schumi and bugga off Felipe
2007 F1 Champion Kimi Raikkonen
2007 MLB Champions Boston RedSox
Old 26 Oct 2005, 03:01 (Ref:1443541)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I am not sure that many people actively care as such, but, rather, like myself, find it interesting to contemplate.

Does it cause any harm to think about it?
Old 26 Oct 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1443621)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quite. It is frivolous, but we aren't exactly here to solve world problems! However it is kind of you to care that we shouldn't discuss it.

As you were folks.

And while we are at it:

What colour will Williams be next year? The previous scheme was a nod towards the '80s Piquet Brabhams. With the loss of BMW I guess that'll change?
Old 26 Oct 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1443676)   #25
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure. It's going to be interesting

In the past (correct me if I'm wrong) Williams have sported a predominantly white/blue livery, which fitted in well when BMW came onboard. It'd be nice if they kept that going, but it might be a good thing if they didn't, as it appears one or two other teams might be going for the same colour scheme.

I'd be happy with anything, bar the '98 colour scheme... But for some reason I can't see Winfield being a major sponsor!