Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1451260)   #1
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Villeneuve to Renault rumor

Quote:
I read this on another forum, and I don't know the validity of it, but apparently Renault bought JV's contract from BMW in exchange for Heikki Kovalainen. Apparently Flav wants 2 WDC in his team and the team are very pleased to have JV as they rate his feedback highly from his brief stint with them last year. Expect a deal to be announced next week.

Is there any kernel of truth to this rumor? Both of these links are to posts on other message boards. Has any reputable source mentioned the rumor?

The only scenario whereby I can see this happening is if BMW offered a ton of money for HK and JV, not having any offers for a full-time ride, accepted being the 3rd driver for Renault in the hopes of impressing someone for 2007.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 3 Nov 2005 at 12:27. Reason: We don't allow links to other forums
Old 3 Nov 2005, 12:26 (Ref:1451263)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So let me get this straight. That quote and those links are to two other forums! On those other forums they refer to another (third, or is that fourth!) forum that contains that rumour! Not only that, but these other forums do not contain a link to the forum where some one has started this rumour.

Please!

This stops here. If it turns out to be true then my bad. However we are not allowing such unsubstantiated rumours to spread. Of course there are many forums to discuss this if you like. Feel free to start a thread on this topic if this approaches reality!