Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1449726)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was shocked when I read that in F1 racing. Albers never struck me as so bad, but there are lots of stories of him b1tching about Doornbos in particular.

There was one in Autosport recently along the lines of "...everyone talks Doornbos up in Holland like he's some great talent, but I always beat him. What does that make me, Superman?"

I like Albers' driving though and I'll leave it at that, although I am glad he'll never be world champ as he think his head would swell so much that his racing career would be over as he would be unable to fit in a car or wear a helmet.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1449734)   #27
RonVerstegen
Rookie

Netherlands
Den Bosch
RonVerstegen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers said: "I don't get a fat dick when I'm standing along Schumacher or Alonso...Robert is just horny with the press...he loves the press more then developing the car.."

He's a silly boy (Albers)....If he would shut his mouth and puts some more weight at his right foot..maybe I would like him then!
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1449741)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Kolles can, of course, laugh at himself - reference the "Chavski" shirt in China
Yes, the first recorded evidence of Kolles doing something with humility. The guys a creep and also very arrogant - reference his exchange with Ron Dennis at Melbourne which was downright disgraceful. He's also darn miserable, banning petty things that kept the mechanics spirits up. You just wonder whether these guys were bullied at school to enforce such things.

Plus his press conferences are indecipherable and he's a dentist.

Overall bad egg!
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1449760)   #29
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Never liked the guy, 2 b honest. always seemed, as knowlesy says, arrogant beyond belief.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1449777)   #30
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonVerstegen
Albers said: "I don't get a fat dick when I'm standing along Schumacher or Alonso...Robert is just horny with the press...he loves the press more then developing the car.."

He's a silly boy (Albers)....If he would shut his mouth and puts some more weight at his right foot..maybe I would like him then!
What an *******...
Old 1 Nov 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1449798)   #31
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who albers or Kolles?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1449861)   #32
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I comment on the included quote which has Albers as the subject, as well as Albers is the subject of this thread.
Needless to say that I'm referring to Albers...

Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?
Old 2 Nov 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1450148)   #33
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonVerstegen

Sure, that's not done, it is still funny though! At least he says what he thinks! A relative of mine living in the Netherlands told me that this has been going on for a while now. As K-B said the press don't like CA. The Dutch press have been down talking Albers since the beginning of the season, even giving him grief when he did a good job. When Doornbos walked in the team there was another opportunity to get to Albers by praising Doornbos like he was winning the WDC and not acknowledge that Albers was still beating him.

I don't know enough of the guy to make a judgement. I'm just glad there is another guy in the pitlane that says what he thinks!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1450196)   #34
ASCII Man
Veteran

There's a big difference between speaking your mind and being downright arrogant and pathetic.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1450201)   #35
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Dutch press is surely well-placed to know which is the more capable driver, and they clearly feel that Albers is the wrong choice of the 2 to carry the nation's hopes in F1. Doornbos' single-seater racing history is much stronger, especially considering that he only started racing in his late teens. And frankly, when a new driver comes into the team mid-season, you expect to beat him, and by a bigger margin that what Albers ever achieved.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1450220)   #36
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
The Dutch press is surely well-placed to know which is the more capable driver, and they clearly feel that Albers is the wrong choice of the 2 to carry the nation's hopes in F1...
Please keep in mind that the Dutch broadcaster showing the F1 had some kind of deal with Doornbos...
Old 2 Nov 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1450323)   #37
WapFlap
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
WapFlap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there, Never believe the Dutch Broadcaster, and especially the guy who gives his comments. I can best compare it with James Allen i guess. Big Blablabla and always wrong.

On a dutch forum we had a topic about his mistakes. After 2 seasons there were about 7000(!) replies with mistakes and stupid theory's.

Anyway, Albers and Doornbos are quite equal when it comes to driving talent, Albers has a more technical based approch and Doornbos is way better with the Media. Compare it with the attitudes at Mclaren (stern and serious) and Red Bull ( fun and relaxed)

I think in the end, that Albers approch to F1 is the better one.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1450356)   #38
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WapFlap
Hi there, Never believe the Dutch Broadcaster, and especially the guy who gives his comments. I can best compare it with James Allen i guess. Big Blablabla and always wrong.
Don't forget to mention his sidekick, the pitlane reporter.
I only have to give one example to show his knowledge and intelligence: He thinks F1 engines are 2-stroke.

On-topic...
Doornbos is thinking about how to get and keep sponsors to get him a seat, not just by giving his best in the car, but also outside. Albers is probably only thinking about which of Schumachers records he's going to break first. Strange that the diluted one has a seat for next season.

I don't know if there's any deal between the broadcaster and Doornbos, but I don't think there's need for it. Doornbos doesn't need to make himself look better than Albers since Albers does a great job making himself look like an ***.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1450495)   #39
RonVerstegen
Rookie

Netherlands
Den Bosch
Haha.....
There is no deal between Doornbos and the Dutch Broadcaster of the F1.....
The attitude of mr. Albers is just not worth showing it that much...Doornbos is paying attention to his all-round carreer: Driving, keep fans satisfied, good media-attitude.....so he's more attractive for sponsors I think. Albers is just thinking about how "good" he is and getting "better" in the car....but he doesn't shows much improvements....

The Dutch Media isn't talking Albers down....Albers is just showing he's an ***hole of the first class...so it isn't interesting to pay attention to him....If he's that good in driving as in putting his teammate down and lying then Albers is definitely the new World-champ!!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1450657)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well it's nice to know the halcyon days of Dutchmen rambling in Verstappen threads are about to be succeeded by Albers and Doornbos.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 01:55 (Ref:1451007)   #41
wevets
Rookie

wevets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does not wanting to wear clogs for Journalists make someone an *******? Seems like a pretty lame attempt at humour anyway. Just sounds like he's not as relaxed around the media as Doornbos.

His comments about Doornbos getting a fat over the media were at least funny.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1451215)   #42
RonVerstegen
Rookie

Netherlands
Den Bosch
Funny.......and dumb....