Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Apr 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1585013)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Schumi signs 2 year deal with Ferrari?

It's as good as done..maybe.http://www.crash.net/news_view~t~Sch...~id~128437.htm

Last edited by Marbot; 16 Apr 2006 at 13:46.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1585021)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice quote that is nothing to do with signing a new contractin that article. For context the sources here are News of the World and crash.net.

This is in contridiction to other recent stories where he said he isn't ready to decide. Although the constant speculation may force his hand to say earlier.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1585022)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
How reliable is that source do you think martyn?
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1585023)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
How reliable is that source do you think martyn?
It gets delivered on time every Sunday Morning.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1585062)   #5
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
So; Kimi will settle as a number 2 driver? No way; Lets watch him compete with Alonso at McClaren, while JPM goes to RBR and blows DC away..
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1585064)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is by no means certain, djinvicta.

The key point I'd like to make is this has been reported by "The News Of The World", officially the second worst source of representative news on earth.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:57 (Ref:1585068)   #7
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
But its a good one, and if true gives an explosive 2007, if KR is going to Ferrari. Opens up the driver market like weve not seen for ages
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1585070)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldve expected Schumi to extend on a one year basis rather than two.

It would be great if he stayed because his motivation is still there and he still is great to watch.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1585074)   #9
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
If KR went to Ferrari, where would Massa go? Would like to see him at Williams with Nico. Webber off to Renault..
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1585075)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'd be nice to see Kimi paired with MS, I agree......you couldn't say who would come out on top for sure....

The other alternative is Kimi paired with Alonso at McLaren, so it's a winner either way I guess...
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1585076)   #11
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
JPM would go where, do you reckon? I think Adrian Newey had a racing relationship with JPM; hes off to RBR
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1585078)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

BMW or RBR for me.

But nothing is going to fall into place until MS and Kimi make announcements.....
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1585081)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So then knowlesy you admit JPM is a second tier driver...heheh
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1585084)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

At the minute, Kimi is the hottest property on the market, bearing in mind Alonso is signed up and we all assume Schuey will either jack it in or stay at Ferrari.

That doesn't mean others are second tier.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1585085)   #15
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
News of the World made the annoncement! As you say; May or may not be true; but Gary Glitter swears by them.. Got to be something in it, the paper goes into detail and too many quotes. Hope KR and JPM bought it in Monaco today
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1585087)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Announcement at Imola, regarding Kimi?

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...16103249.shtml

Again, doesn't seem the greatest of sources.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1585090)   #17
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
MS and KR banging wheels then. Kimis used to it with Montoya, Michaels not though..
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:30 (Ref:1585092)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Don't know how reliable these stories are, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Schuey extended his contract by a couple of years. I for one have been expressing the view for ages that 2006 will not be his last season in F1.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1585129)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Kimi joining Michael is, without a shadow of a doubt, the line-up I have been wanting in the months that have passed since it became apparent it is in the realm of possibility.

That would be utterly class.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1585135)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Even if the Ferrari is still off the pace, it'll be fun to observe the struggle between them.

It really is the stuff of Fantasy F1.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1585144)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't see where it confirms rather than speculate more and more.

As ever at the pinnacle of motor sport, fiction is often more prevalent than fact.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1585146)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...And I can't understand why a general punlishing like an austrian newspaper will be more informed than the specialized press.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1585149)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
You should really source that italicised line, Bon, .

I had a smile at the same line when reading it.

I would say that the spread of fiction as rumour is often more prevelant than the spread of truth as information, rather than fiction itself being more prevelant than fact itself (I suspect that is what they meant, ). If fiction, in actuality, was more prevelant than fact, then we would be left in a reality than was more non-existent than existent.

Anyway, it is what keeps us going inbetween races, .
Old 16 Apr 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1585150)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well it won't, it's all conjecture at this stage.

However, the rumours seem to be building to a crescendo....
Old 16 Apr 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1585164)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

As long as Ferrari doesn't show signs of recovery, the rumours will be growing until TGF gives some response about his future.

Like it or not, TGF is the main factor for the switching drivers in F1 today.