Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4137937)   #1726
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good idea, Peter, re poll. Since you mentioned 'Idling' what about 'Tickover'?
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 23 Dec 2022, 12:00 (Ref:4137945)   #1727
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will all the suggested options be included in the poll?
Should we have a poll on that first?
Old 23 Dec 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4137947)   #1728
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Old 23 Dec 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4137951)   #1729
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Will all the suggested options be included in the poll?
I think a cull of some of the less "suitable" suggestions may occur before the poll is uploaded.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4137964)   #1730
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm guilty of visiting here much less often and have just had one of my catch ups.

I hope everybody on here a has wonderful Christmas and a healthy & happy New Year.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 14:38 (Ref:4137965)   #1731
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full Chat?
Old 23 Dec 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4137966)   #1732
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Good idea, Peter, re poll. Since you mentioned 'Idling' what about 'Tickover'?
The whole point of "Idle Chatter" was it included the word "chat" which is so descriptive even the newest of noobs might have half an inkling of what's going on with the thread. It doesn't need a sub-text. :
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:11 (Ref:4137988)   #1733
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Finding a good name for this thread is a nice and sympathetic quest and shows the involment of the usual suspects. Will it change the rate visitors/posters, I dunno. Still it keeps us entertained.

May I suggest, while we're waiting for the poll itself and because it seems to be the right time of the year, that we could have a list of ten racing cars we'd love to have in our wonders stable? Santa, we know you're reading…
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4137990)   #1734
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No particular order, no category, age…

Alfa Romeo TZ, Maserati 250, Matra 670, Porche 908/3, Porsche 2.8 RSR, Sierra Cosworth RS 500, Sunbeam Tiger Lister, Cobra Daytona, Aston Martin Zagato. Room for another one…
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4137992)   #1735
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
No particular order, no category, age…

Alfa Romeo TZ, Maserati 250, Matra 670, Porche 908/3, Porsche 2.8 RSR, Sierra Cosworth RS 500, Sunbeam Tiger Lister, Cobra Daytona, Aston Martin Zagato. Room for another one…
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 DTM '95/96
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:22 (Ref:4137993)   #1736
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice catch! What about a 33 TT 12 replacing the Matra?
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:40 (Ref:4137994)   #1737
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari F40
Porsche 917
My old Sports 2000 Aquila
Lotus 72
Lotus 78
Lotus 79
Brabham BT44B
BMW 635
Porsche 935
Porsche 956/962 (I'm not fussy)

Only ten? Aw shucks, austerity hurts!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:53 (Ref:4137995)   #1738
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm currently washing-up after dinner, so a few more hours until stick up the poll. Come on folks make an effort.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4137997)   #1739
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ferrari F40
Porsche 917
My old Sports 2000 Aquila
Lotus 72
Lotus 78
Lotus 79
Brabham BT44B
BMW 635
Porsche 935
Porsche 956/962 (I'm not fussy)

Only ten? Aw shucks, austerity hurts!

Lotus 72, 78 & 79 - respect to you, but how about the 25? The prettiest of them all.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4137998)   #1740
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Nice catch! What about a 33 TT 12 replacing the Matra?
Difficult choice - you need more than 10...
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:09 (Ref:4137999)   #1741
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Lotus 72, 78 & 79 - respect to you, but how about the 25? The prettiest of them all.
Too old. Not a period that interests me, you'll notice all my cars are 1970+ icons.

Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4138000)   #1742
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
For me there is only one and that is a Porsche 917. " I want you to drive flat out, I want Porsche to win Le Mans." Hey !!!!! lets use this line for the new chat thread. Shall I get my coat.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:17 (Ref:4138001)   #1743
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Difficult choice - you need more than 10...
OK, lets go for twelve and may be some room in a garden shed for prewar stuff. From Max's list I go for F40 and the 935 of course. And to honor my Dad, a Gordini 24S.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4138002)   #1744
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good point Iain, thanks!
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:19 (Ref:4138003)   #1745
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Would be great to have some visitors posting this time. Dare!
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:19 (Ref:4138004)   #1746
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
May I suggest, while we're waiting for the poll itself and because it seems to be the right time of the year, that we could have a list of ten racing cars we'd love to have in our wonders stable?
I think I would be down to one only.

In the context of this part of the forum -

If you are talking racing car of all time (and still might be in the HRT section) -
Old 23 Dec 2022, 19:28 (Ref:4138005)   #1747
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
One is fine malcolm! Your Mk6 make me think about the Mk3 B I forgot!
Old 23 Dec 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4138009)   #1748
midgetman
Veteran

Oh good shout CR. I need to include this then

Old 23 Dec 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4138012)   #1749
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
CLK GTR anyone? Will be hard to chose from any GT1 one methinks.
I wonder what EB's list will look like when the sun hits his bed? RBS no idea? C'on guys!
Old 23 Dec 2022, 20:56 (Ref:4138014)   #1750
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
CLK GTR anyone? Will be hard to chose from any GT1 one methinks.
I wonder what EB's list will look like when the sun hits his bed? RBS no idea? C'on guys!
Is that a car or an aircraft?

Nobody has mentioned the GT40 but I suppose they are a bit common - far too many of them about...

How about a Ferrari 250LM? Or a 250GT SWB?
Closed Thread