Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3248121)   #26
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
JMW964 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driving overnight on the Saterday before in order to be there for the scrutineering. Leaving Sunday after the race (or maybe after a short sleep).
Old 16 May 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3248290)   #27
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heading down on Monday 17th this year, and coming home Wednesday 26th this year I combine the race weekend with a week's 'family' holiday, can't wait!
Old 16 May 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3248379)   #28
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving home on Tuesday 18th after work, stop for some food then the overnight Portsmouth - Le Havre, stop for supplies in the Arnage Super U.

Leaving on Monday morning with a heavy heart that the race is over for another year, staying near Honfleur Monday night before the return ferry on the Tuesday 25th.

Oh and inbetween we'll be taking the Aston round the circuit in the centenary parade on race day morning
Old 16 May 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3248387)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Leaving home on Tuesday 18th after work, stop for some food then the overnight Portsmouth - Le Havre, stop for supplies in the Arnage Super U.

Leaving on Monday morning with a heavy heart that the race is over for another year, staying near Honfleur Monday night before the return ferry on the Tuesday 25th.

Oh and inbetween we'll be taking the Aston round the circuit in the centenary parade on race day morning
I hope you enjoy it, you are very lucky
Old 16 May 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3248482)   #30
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post

You are very lucky, need a passenger?
Old 16 May 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3248588)   #31
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My partner and I head out Weds (19th) morning from Chatham Kent, catching a morning Ferry from Dover, hopefully arriving sometime during the afternoon, giving us enough time to set up and enjoy a leisurely evening in our campsite a few Kms from the circuit.
Our return begins around lunchtime Tuesday, but I don't want to talk about that just yet !
Old 17 May 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3249118)   #32
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will have many trips. One on wednesday, one on thursday, and one for the race. I live 140 km from Le Mans...
Old 12 Jun 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3261242)   #33
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our trip starts today! We, (Natalia and myself), leave our hometown Kirovo-Chepetsk at 8am today (it's 5.50am local time now). We go by train to Moscow, arriving at 4am tomorrow. Then we go to Vnukovo airport, flight to Paris scheduled at 10.30 Moscow Time.... should arrive to Orly airport in France after 4 hours of flying.... 2 days at Paris and then - trip by train to Le Mans on the Saturday afternoon See you there!!! Good luck to all the visitors of LM24 2013!!

Our photos:
http://imageshack.us/g/836/p1040979o.jpg/
Feel free to come and say Hello to us, if you'll meet us at Le Mans Cheers!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3261306)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Alex, hope your journey goes well and look forward to seeing you at the circuit, in 1 week we will be in france heading down to le mans
Old 12 Jun 2013, 07:36 (Ref:3261309)   #35
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's some epic journey Alex.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3261322)   #36
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
You look remarkably like Ari Vatanen!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3261325)   #37
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
You look remarkably like Ari Vatanen!
Haha
Old 12 Jun 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3261350)   #38
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
live

i live in le mans so i will be easy to go when i want at the bugatti or in a camp
I work at Tours so i took some days to do what i want during the week of le mans
i'm freelance so it is easy to have days of leasure when i want

i'll ask my Son to make a little 'ten-tenths' drawn on my hat.
so i will be quite esay to meet me!

Hi Beettle we can meet in tours if you like to !
i work in the center of tours and it is lovely there it's at rue Gambetta and it cross 'rue nationale' which is in the center of tours

cheers

Laurent
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3261434)   #39
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
This time next week will probably have been well lunched in Montreuil sur Mer and starting the longish run down towards the Perche valley.

Now allowing myself to properly look forward to it all.

Last edited by isynge; 12 Jun 2013 at 11:36. Reason: confusion about what week it was
Old 12 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3261452)   #40
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
This time next week will probably have been well lunched in Montreuil sur Mer and starting the longish run down towards the Perche valley.

Now allowing myself to properly look forward to it all.
In the Chateau de Montreuil, I hope, with M. et Mme Germain?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3261456)   #41
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Train early next Wednesday morning from home to Nürnberg -> Stuttgart -> Paris.
Pick up hire car and meet rest of party at CDG.
Drive through Paris (groan), stop at Carrefour in Chartres and buy all their booze.
Hit Tertre Rouge hopefully in time for camp set-up before night quali.
Consume said booze.

I'm so excited already. Applying the theory of relativity to Le Mans 24 Hours, it's a well known fact that this week is the slowest of the year.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3261537)   #42
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm struggling through these last few days at work. Four more to go...
Old 12 Jun 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3261609)   #43
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
In the Chateau de Montreuil, I hope, with M. et Mme Germain?
Can't fault the Chateau, but at times I somehow prefer the relaxed atmosphere of Froggy's, especially for lunch on the way down, as I'm all to aware a remarkably good dinner beckons.

I also suspect a properly done lunch at the Chateau would probably necessitate staying the night in Montreuil...
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3261683)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm struggling through these last few days at work. Four more to go...
One to go now for me - and that's a nice easy training day - perfect way to finish. My desk is already clear and I'm in that luxurious position of being able to say to people - 'What? A problem next week? Not my problem......'
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3261688)   #45
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In one week and 2 hours, approx. I will arrive at Le Mans .

I just did my "test day" yesterday, with a no rest 22hour day, including work, biking a full 2 hour KISS concert, a long drive, and ending with another bike run before I went to bed at 04:00, because I needed to get up to work at 09:00.

So I'm ready for a full 24 hour race!
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3261700)   #46
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
my trip to le mans 2013 started 1. july 2012.´packing down the tent after drying, making sure to take batteryes out of radio, looking at campsites, talking to people about who is going and asking when tickets for campsites is avalible.
so now it is just packing the car, pick up CTD, go to Flensburg (35 km), pack the stuff into the rented car and then at 10.00 am wednesday head down to Le Mans 1230 km and expected arrival at 10.00 pm to watch Q1. and put up tents etc. So see you all at Maison Blance in 1 week + a bit.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3261782)   #47
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
One to go now for me - and that's a nice easy training day - perfect way to finish. My desk is already clear and I'm in that luxurious position of being able to say to people - 'What? A problem next week? Not my problem......'
There are some benefits to having your own business, but being able to walk away and say "not my problem" is not one of them - in that Mr Dasi, I am very envious
Old 13 Jun 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3261894)   #48
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mine starts at 5 am in YVR airport next Monday. Especially happy since I got my OFFICIAL okay from the ACO this Monday.

Two more days (actually nights) at work... Just been on Skype yesterday with my English "connection" to make sure his car has all my camping gear packed. French SIM card and data plan set. Euros bought. Dreaming of the rosés in Carrefour....

keke
Old 13 Jun 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3261922)   #49
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Can't fault the Chateau, but at times I somehow prefer the relaxed atmosphere of Froggy's, especially for lunch on the way down, as I'm all to aware a remarkably good dinner beckons.

I also suspect a properly done lunch at the Chateau would probably necessitate staying the night in Montreuil...
I confess that Froiggy's is a new one to me, but looks worth a visit.

I take it you wouldn't have a problem staying overnight at the Chateau? I've only done it once, but would happily do it again if I could afford it. Dinner, B&B there would cost more than I spend on the annual visit to LM!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 06:34 (Ref:3261926)   #50
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
There are some benefits to having your own business, but being able to walk away and say "not my problem" is not one of them - in that Mr Dasi, I am very envious
Agreed. I don't miss the days when I couldn't leave the UK till late on Friday and was always back at work early, if not particularly bright, on Monday morning. This year it's eight days for me, starting at some ridiculous hour next Tuesday.