Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3255321)   #26
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
My prediction... It'll rain.
No it wont
Old 30 May 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3255326)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
dave the r word is a no no at this time of year

weather will be WARM and DRY
Old 30 May 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3255376)   #28
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm trying to bluff my accuweather forecast in to staying how it says it is currently
Old 30 May 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3255407)   #29
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I predict toyota win ,lmp2 wide open, Aston win both Gt classes and garage 56 will fail before darkness.
Also there will be no precipitation on race day.
Old 30 May 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3255418)   #30
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
dave the r word is a no no at this time of year

weather will be WARM and DRY
I was considering bringing a portable airconditioning
Old 30 May 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3255458)   #31
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Essential

Old 30 May 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3255571)   #32
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think we will need bigger fans than that
Old 30 May 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3255587)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think we will need bigger fans than that
Ten Tenths is full of big fans
Old 30 May 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3255604)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
OK. You're banned.

These are what we'll all need.
Old 30 May 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3255684)   #35
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I told you, it's psychological warfare

Old 31 May 2013, 06:12 (Ref:3255818)   #36
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Ten Tenths is full of big fans
No comments about my weight please
Old 2 Jun 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3256602)   #37
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What's wrong with some rain? I don't want enough to bring out the safety cars, or half of the race to be run in wet conditions, but a few hours of wet conditions just adds to the challenge imo.

As for myself... I'm expecting Audi to take it in P1, but Toyota will be strong for a period of the race... I'm not sure how long I expect that period to be.

P2 has way too many cars and is a total crapshoot with all the amateur drivers, but if I had to guess a few... Level 5, Jota, #35 OAK, and Pecom probably the most likely of the groups, with the Murphy Prototypes car being either in dominating form, or out before sundown.

GTE-Pro... tough again. I expect the #97 and #99 Astons and #51 AF Corse to be battling at the lead early on, and the #53 Viper battling with the Corvettes and #71 a bit ahead of the Porsches. By the end of it though I expect it to be down to one of the Corvettes and the #51... if Malucelli doesn't crack under some pressure.

In GTE-Am I'm expecting the #50 Larbre car to be there at the end as Larbre seem to be pretty good at keeping their cars in the hunt, same goes for the Proton Porsche. The 8Star Ferrari and #95 Aston will also be thereabouts. The Larbre car should be looking good but it will come down to Ricky Taylor. People seem to have written him off after his somewhat embarrassing string a few seasons back but I haven't, it's just that many of the other cars have a pro that is experienced at Sarthe, and he isn't.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3256610)   #38
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
What's wrong with some rain? I don't want enough to bring out the safety cars, or half of the race to be run in wet conditions, but a few hours of wet conditions just adds to the challenge imo.
Bye-bye. What's wrong with some rain, you say? Campsites get drenched, spectators get sodden...
Old 2 Jun 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3256613)   #39
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Bye-bye. What's wrong with some rain, you say? Campsites get drenched, spectators get sodden...
You need lots of rain for that Victor, but as that is not going to happen this year...
Old 2 Jun 2013, 08:00 (Ref:3256615)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If the ground is already waterlogged then a small amount of precipitation will soon turn into flooding in some parts
Old 2 Jun 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3256621)   #41
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I guess being on the other side of the world kinda made me forget about consequences for those attending...
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:33 (Ref:3256820)   #42
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel someone should point out now that it is not going to rain.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3256839)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Stop using the "R" word Ayse has banned the use of it on the forum
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:53 (Ref:3257012)   #44
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Precipitate?
Old 3 Jun 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3257193)   #45
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My daughters were in Paris in late May and it actually snowed one of the nights they were there. Temperatures were only around 10 to 15 C during the day and close to 0 at night. Snow in May in Paris!! So far, the long range forecast does not really show any significant rise in temperatures in the next 10 days. Certainly not the upper 20s or low 30s. Might actually be quite a chilly Le Mans this year. You may not need a fan but a pair of woolies! Arctic inversion or something like that.

DK
Old 3 Jun 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3257201)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking at my phone it will be between 18-25 all this week. Lowest temp is 8 which is tonight supposedly. Around 15 at night for the most part. I'll take that.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3257226)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not so bad. I don't think it can get any colder during the night than 2011......
Old 3 Jun 2013, 19:06 (Ref:3257254)   #48
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This prediction thread is more and more starting to look like a weatherprediction thread. I don't mind as long as the R word is not mentioned, and it is looking good. So far the 14 day forcast is in our favour. Lets hope it stays that way, if not and only the weekend of the 15th is good, we can always blame Bernie and as punishment never watch F1 again.
But serious now isn't it time for a official LM 2013 weatherthread were we can use the R word with approval of a not to mention moderator not that it is going to R.......... it's gonna be allover the week.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3257287)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No point having a weather thread. The deal is done.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3257912)   #50
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not so bad. I don't think it can get any colder during the night than 2011......
I shiver just thinking about that.