Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Mar 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2663333)   #201
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't worry I won't get too used to it It was great to see so many of you out there, more than enough to have used the International circuit. I have been to meetings where it's more like spot the marshal when there are a large number of conflicting events.
Anyone doing Croft in 3 weeks ?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2664003)   #202
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggispeed View Post
.The driver who turned over was OK with no physical injuries, with fuel pumping out of the car it was an urgent situation and I guess because at the entry to the pit lane is out of the immediate vicinity of most posts, despite protests from the medical officer it was one of our constructers first on scene to try and get him out of the car. The other driver I believe hurt his shoulder and had complained of neck pain so was taken to hospital for a check but was OK.

I was the IO on Deer Leap and was talking to the driver of car 15 with shoulder pain. I was very pleased with how well the team coped with the incident particularly the newer marshals. Marshals are very grateful for an update like yours posted here (If appropriate of course) as it help provide closure on the incident and prevents people wondering how drivers are a week later.....

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post!

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003
Old 31 Mar 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2664007)   #203
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
No problem Steve, glad you found the post useful. We don't often get much of a chance to chat to the marshals on the day, particularly those on post. I thought you'd get an update on incidents like that at end of meeting. From everything I've heard since the marshals that were immediately available at the pit lane entry did indeed handle the situation very well.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2664068)   #204
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRPhoto View Post
I was the IO on Deer Leap and was talking to the driver of car 15 with shoulder pain. I was very pleased with how well the team coped with the incident particularly the newer marshals. Marshals are very grateful for an update like yours posted here (If appropriate of course) as it help provide closure on the incident and prevents people wondering how drivers are a week later.....

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post!
Agree 100%, I was one of the newer marshals with Steve on Deer Leap and was very involved with the incident at the pit lane entrance. As Steve says it brings closure to the whole incident and a better understanding of what we do and why we do it.

On an earlier comment we love it when drivers acknowledge us on the slowing down lap, again it helps us enjoy our motor sport and become more a part of it. Oh and the big grids with competetive racing helps!
Old 31 Mar 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2664383)   #205
PRB
Rookie

PRB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks

As driver of car 15 I would like to thank that great bunch of marshals and medics who attended the scene and looked after me. Calm prevailed as they ensured that nothing too serious was wrong before lifting me out of the car as with shoulder problems I could not push myself to get out unaided. I was taken to hosital for x rays but no bones broken just somewhat bruised and battered.
Thanks again ladies and gentlemen, a great job you are doing
Old 31 Mar 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2664451)   #206
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
glad your ok, the car didnt look too good though, any idea if its fixable?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2664461)   #207
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
As driver of car 15 I would like to thank that great bunch of marshals and medics who attended the scene and looked after me. Calm prevailed as they ensured that nothing too serious was wrong before lifting me out of the car as with shoulder problems I could not push myself to get out unaided. I was taken to hosital for x rays but no bones broken just somewhat bruised and battered.
Thx for the update PRB glad you are ok we were all very worried as we ran up to the incident and saw you couldn't get out unaided and there being a strong smell of fuel. Like i said earlier cars are replacable you are not.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2664470)   #208
Bakersboy
Racer

England
Stoke on Trent
Bakersboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great to hear you're doing ok! Hope to see you at Oulton Park really soon - but in the paddock next time!
Old 1 Apr 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2665049)   #209
PRB
Rookie

PRB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
glad your ok, the car didnt look too good though, any idea if its fixable?
Thanks all for your good wishes. Not sure about the car yet, it didn't look any better when I got it home. Smell petrol, I was sitting in it! All credit to the medics who, when I pointed it out reassured me that the marshals were all round the car in case there was a problem and carried on her careful examination before allowing me to be lifted out. Nothing seems to phase you guys and ladies does it. Well done
Old 2 Apr 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2665430)   #210
SRPhoto
Veteran

Wales
Wrexham
SRPhoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks all for your good wishes. Not sure about the car yet, it didn't look any better when I got it home. Smell petrol, I was sitting in it! All credit to the medics who, when I pointed it out reassured me that the marshals were all round the car in case there was a problem and carried on her careful examination before allowing me to be lifted out. Nothing seems to phase you guys and ladies does it. Well done
When you told me about your pains I asked you to stay in the car, however if the situation changed regarding the petrol (That's why I was so keen to find the isolator) then we would have had to remove you.

Very happy you are ok, and best wishes from everyone involved!

BMMC Member since Oct 2001
Marshalled my first Rally on 9th March 2002 (Malcolm Wilson Rally)
Marshalled my first Race on 6th April 2002 (750MC - Oulton Park)
Marshalled my first British F1 GP 18th/20th July 2003
Old 6 Apr 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2667674)   #211
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
Hi all, just wanted to clear up any thoughts that my ealier post may have been misleading regarding the accident in Clubmans. No one was directly to blame and CoC did not need to take any action regarding the incident. It was a very unfortunate event that resulted in extensive damage to cars but thankfully not people. Serves to remind us that safety in motor racing is paramount and the job the marshals do of the upmost importance.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2667742)   #212
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
dont think any of us thought that you were slaggin driving standards off!...well i certainly didnt anyway, like you said, just an unfortunate incident